Muslims have a history of targeting their enemies children. One of the worst acts of Islamic violence against children occurred under Arafat’s old PLO in 1970:
Nahariya/Avivim School Bus Attack, 1970
On May 8, 1970 there was a brutal attack on an Israeli school bus by Palestinian terrorists who crossed the Lebanese border.
Avivim, an agricultural community established in 1963, is just metres from the border with Lebanon. Settled and built from the ground up by Moroccan immigrants, the majority of the residents belonged to one of two families; Peretz or Biton. The local council bus picked up children each morning to take them to two schools.
The terrorists knew the schedule of the bus and were able to ambush it. They fired on the bus, killing the adults instantly. The bus driver continued until he himself was shot. Then the bus crashed, injuring many of the remaining children. The attack caused the death of 9 children (aged between six and nine) and 3 adults, and left 19 others crippled for life.
The terrorists were never apprehended.
Just recently, Palestinians proudly boasted of an attack on an Israeli school, and promised more of the same.
The mother of all Muslim school attacks, of course, was in Beslan. The terrorists deliberately targeted the school and, it was obvious, intended at all times to slaughter as many children as possible. They succeeded in their goal, killing almost 200 students and more than 100 adults, not to mention the more than 100 people wounded.
Marc Sheppard has been sounding a tocsin that it can happen here — but no one seems to be listening. This deliberate tactic of ignoring things isn’t because it’s just a loosey-goosey fear from the “paranoid” right. The fact is that the radical Islamists haven’t been shying about making their plans known:
Nearly 6 months have passed since I first challenged the inexcusable refusal by DHS and FBI authorities to publicly connect the obviously connectable dots representing an unnerving number of alarming events — particularly in the wake of the Beslan school massacre. These include:
- Videotapes confiscated in Afghanistan showing al-Qaeda terrorists training to takeover a school [newly available Video]
- Spokesman Suleiman Abu Gheith‘s declaration of al-Qaeda’s “right” to kill 2 million American children
- An Iraqi national with known terrorist connections caught with a computer disk containing information detailing Department of Education crisis planning for U.S school districts.
- Two Saudi men – one wearing a black trench coat despite the Florida heat — terrifying a busload of Tampa schoolchildren by boarding a school bus and remaining for the entire ride to school, all the while laughing and speaking Arabic.
- A March FBI/DHS bulletin noting “recent suspicious activity” by foreigners who drive school buses, are licensed to drive them, or have actually managed to purchase them right here at home. Including “members of the unnamed extremist groups” who have obtained commercial drivers licenses with school bus endorsements.
- Osama bin Laden’s promise that the 2004 terrorist attack at Beslan will happen many times over in the United States.
In that time, little or nothing has been done to relieve parents’ understandable anxieties, despite the fresh dots which continued to accrue on this disturbing non-puzzle.
Dots like the seventeen full-sized yellow school buses reported stolen from charter schools, business schools and private bus companies in Houston, Texas, over the past few months. Connect to that and previous disturbing stories the fact that thousands of school bus radios have also been stolen (2000 in California in 2005 alone), and the images shaped should be triggering earsplitting alarms throughout all branches of media and law enforcement.
But instead — the silence looms apparent while the question remains: Why?
If you’d like to have good cause to start shrieking, with the kind of ear penetrating scream that might work its way into the brains of our law enforcement agencies and politicians, you better read the entire article, here.