Happy Thanksgiving!

Tomorrow will be a day of family and food, so I don’t anticipate blogging.  This, therefore, is my Thanksgiving post, which will be a very simple one indeed:

I’m thankful for my family, my friends, my (and their) health, my home, my physical community, my virtual blog community, my country, my American military and my freedoms.  I am a very, very, very lucky person.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!

The picture, one I selected randomly from the US archives, is a reminder of a time when the nation took Thanksgiving very seriously.  Nowadays, the only song my kids now is a humorous one told from the perspective of a worried Turkey.  Sigh….

Published New York: Pond, Wm. A., 1878.

Comments

1. Gray says

Happy Thanksgiving to You and Yours.

Me and Mine (heh!) and going to have a wonderful Thanksgiving. We brined our turkey and I can hardly wait for wifey to roast it up. Sage sausage and oyster dressing! Mmmmm! My 1 year old has discovered grown-up food and will stuff his little rosey-cheeked face.

Thank you for your bog as well. You post the uncommon things–the cerebral things–with a well grounded and ‘uncommon sense’ oriented viewpoint.

2. Gray says

Hahahaha! Thank you for you bLog as well….!

I was thinking ‘cranberry bog’ at the time!

Wifey says she’s simmering up a batch of Colonial Style Hot Buttered Rum Batter in the crock pot to fight off the snow in New Mexico tomorrow. Ladle into a cup and add rum: just like the good ol’ days….

Happy Thanksgiving!!

We’re also with family — the newest member is 14 months and a full-time biped, at last. Here’s the first day:

28 hours on the road for these 5+ days, and worth every minute. We have SO much to be thankful for!

God Bless America!

Howdy Bookworm,

Happy Thanksgiving Mrs. Bookworm! Thanks for the message :).

I want to say I’ve really enjoyed our discussions this past year. Enjoy the turkey and all the many blessings God has given us.

Hello, Bookie,

I may be the last to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving.

I had Chateau SJBill kitchen duty today, and stood watch over a turkey that would not cook.

Our best to you and yours!

-SJBill

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, Bookworm. Many thanks for your kind note. I am thankful for your blogging friendship as well, and for the great writing and discussion on this site!