When the little guy goes public *UPDATED*

We’ve become used to political dirty tricks aimed at those who stick their neck out and actually run for office (as well as their wives, children and unborn babies).  However, Obama’s Chicago style campaign, media and fellow-travelers have used those dirty tricks to try to destroy an ordinary Joe.  Sickening.  Perhaps this is what it will take to make people understand that Obama is politics as usual only if your community bears an uncanny resemblance to Chicago or to politics in, say, Cuba, North Korea, Hiterlite Germany, Soviet or Putin-esque Russia, etc.

UPDATESo far, Ed Morrissey, at Hot Air, has my favorite post about what the whole Left wing attack on Joe means.

UPDATE IILee Cary also weighs in on the larger meaning of the MSM’s attacks on Little Ol’ Joe.

UPDATE IIIAce explains why the media’s savage personal attacks on anyone who threatens the Obama campaign stifle the free-flow of information relevant to voters in this election.

Comments

1. Ymarsakar says

Kissinger said that discussions with Iran should begin right away, with high level (i.e. Secretary of State level) diplomats.

Which is not the same as Obama saying meetings with no preconditions met.

2. Ymarsakar says

Faith is a private matter, it has no place in polite conversation or public policy.

Talk about intellectual snobbery. It’s like certain dinner parties in new York City’s ton during WWII when the women would never talk about all the gory killings and deaths suffered in war for the cause of patriotism during polite conversations.

3. Ymarsakar says

No, faith is not a private matter, Oz. Not to you. For you have done as any person devoid of intellectual honesty would do in characterizing the private opinions of other people. You just make it up as you go along.

If it is so private, how do you know about them even after meeting them: you wouldn’t.

4. Ymarsakar says

War with Iran (as we continue to fight wars in Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan) would be a disater.

What’s wrong with disasters. If you can have fun destroying arguments and other people’s efforts to create a better world, Oz, why would war be such a bad thing in comparison to the other bad things you think is going to happen?

5. Ozzie says

Discussions of God and faith and morality are fascinating.

Discussions on the End Times and what ail happens to those who dont believe the Bible as the literal truth are impolite.

And, in my mind, thsi type of fundanetalism has no place in government.

And I’ll always vote against it,

6. BrianE says

“How many dispensationalists do you personally know?” Brian

“I’ve know a few, Brian…” – Ozzie

Do these folks want to establish a Christian theocracy?

7. Ymarsakar says

So give us a conversation you actually had and describe the people who actually had this conversation of the “End Times”. Can you reproduce, as close to verbatim as possible, their arguments and your responses?

8. Ozzie says

Do these folks want to establish a Christian theocracy?- Brian

No. I’m not worried about everyday Americans. I’m worried about the politically active Religious Right.

Some are concerned about Socialism. I’m not.

I’m concerned about the Relgious Right, others are not.

9. Ozzie says

Can you reproduce, as close to verbatim as possible, their arguments and your responses? – Ymar

Are you kidding me? You’ve never met someone who believed in a literal interpretation of the Bible, who tried to convince you that it was the Gospel truth, as they say?

Ozzie #48:

This statement is at the crux of the disagreements we see above in the comments and in American politics.

Ozzie’s position on faith mirrors the overwhelmingly dominant theme in Europe for decades. It has been present in American politics and society for the same period, but has *not* been dominant here. If anything it’s a draw. Through most of the country, religion and faith continue to be central to communities, excepting those communities that seem to require organizers.

Take Ozzie’s profoundly deep hostility towards the religious and towards faith, add on a massive dollop of her faith in the U.N., and you have the European attitude expressed perfectly. That’s done such a lot of good for Europe, and it’s gonna do *wonders* for things here too.

11. suek says

>>That’s done such a lot of good for Europe…>>

Nature abhors a vacuum…

If you don’t have one religion, you’ll have another. In Europe, it’s rapidly become apparent that with Christianity weakened, Socialism doesn’t fill the gap, and both will be replaced with Islam, who, it seems, which has the only believers left.

12. BrianE says

“Having a conversation with someone who believes that they will be Raptured, while peopel like me will be tormented (and most likely burn in hell) is, by its very nature, rude.”- Ozzie

I have now have a clear idea what Ozzie hates about the “religious right”.
    Those who believe their is a God that has revealed himself throughout history and the written record is a sacred text called The Bible, and that it is authoritative since the scriptures calls it “God breathed”, and that Jesus is God incarnate, who from the foundation of the world had a plan to bridge the chasm between God and man following our rejection of his principles through his substitutionary death on the cross, and furthermore that each human will give an account for his or her deeds, the central question of which will be “What did you do with my Son, Jesus, Ozzie wants to see driven from the public square.

“Discussions of God and faith and morality are fascinating.”- Ozzie

As long as these discussions assume God is unknowable and there is no such thing as free will.

I’d glossed over that one! My only concern with someone convinced that I’m on my way to hell is whether they have any intention of hurrying me on my way there. As long as I’m destined to burn, you know, “let’s give you a little taste of it while you’re here on Earth”.

Ozzie seems to think that that describes Sarah Palin. I on the other hand don’t see anything like that in Sarah Palin at all. I find her highly introspective in ensuring that she’s never trying to speak for God.

In fact, when in the past I’ve found myself immersed in mileus where far-left liberalism has held sway, I came away from it thinking I’d just lived through hell on earth. The ennui, despair, and licentiousness, the through-and-through emptiness lurking just underneath the surface of it all… the forced hilarity, smiles, and loud conversation of people bound and determined to convince themselves that, yes, they were in fact having one hell of a good time, thank you very much.