Will this finally get the nutroots to see Al Qaeda as a true enemy? *UPDATED*

Drudge‘s headline:  Trash Talk:  Al-Qaida Insults Obama In New Message.

The underlying story, here, explains that:

Al-Qaida’s No. 2 leader used a racial epithet to insult Barack Obama in a message posted Wednesday, describing the president-elect in demeaning terms that imply he does the bidding of whites.

The message appeared chiefly aimed at persuading Muslims and Arabs that Obama does not represent a change in U.S. policies. Ayman al-Zawahri said in the message, which appeared on militant Web sites, that Obama is “the direct opposite of honorable black Americans” like Malcolm X, the 1960s African-American rights leader.

In al-Qaida’s first response to Obama’s victory, al-Zawahri also called the president-elect—along with secretaries of state Colin Powell and Condoleezza Rice—”house negroes.”

Speaking in Arabic, al-Zawahri uses the term “abeed al-beit,” which literally translates as “house slaves.” But al-Qaida supplied English subtitles of his speech that included the translation as “house negroes.”

The message also includes old footage of speeches by Malcolm X in which he explains the term, saying black slaves who worked in their white masters’ house were more servile than those who worked in the fields. Malcolm X used the term to criticize black leaders he accused of not standing up to whites.

As we’ve known since Mark Fuhrman and the OJ trial, there is no surer sign that someone is irredeemably evil than his use of racial epithets.  With that in mind, I wondered whether the nutroots, who always had a sneaking fondness for Al Qaeda (the enemy of my enemy [that would be George Bush] is my friend) might suddenly realize that Al Qaeda is, in fact, evil.  This latest Al Qaeda message would be a pathetic excuse for the nutroots finally to recognize the evil of an organization that gleefully and brutally slaughters civilians, but I’ll take it any way I can for the nutroots finally to figure out that Al Qaeda is, in fact, irredeemably evil.

UPDATE:  Here I thought I was being original, only to discover that Charles Johnson had the same thought I did!

Comments

1. Deana says

Bookworm –

The left is going to completely forget its endless claims that al-Qaeda attacked us because of Pres. Bush and his “horrible” foreign policies.

Then they are going to claim that they “always knew” that al-Qaeda would never like the U.S. more just because Obama was elected President and that the benefit of electing Obama was to make other countries like the U.K., Germany, France, and others like us more.

And what about that blatant racism coming from al-Qaeda? Why, I was assured over and over in school that Islam welcomes all races, that Islam is the most racially tolerant of all religions, that once you go to Mecca, it doesn’t matter if you are black, white, asian, or hispanic – you are equal in the eyes of Allah.

How many times was I told that Islam, above all other religions, promoted equality among the classes?

And is this what we were assured by the media and Muslims since 9/11?

The leftists have built such impregnable defenses against evidence and reality around themselves that I think it is going to take a calamity for them to wake up.

In the meantime, it will be fun to watch them twist and turn in their explanations as to why all of these world leaders, nations, and international groups aren’t as thrilled with Obama as half of America seems to be.

Deana

2. Deana says

Actually, the REAL question is, will the vast majority of the people in America who voted for Obama even be made AWARE of the al-Zawahiri/al-Qaeda statement?

After seeing the video of all those Obama voters, I doubt it. It is highly unlikely that the “news” sources these people tend to use would publish news like that.

Deana

Dear Deana:

Imagine my surprise when I woke up this morning and found out that we not only were at war with East Asia but that we had always been at war with East Asia!

Why just yesterday I could have sworn that we were at war with Eurasia and had always been.

Thank the Party that reality is malleable!

Yours,

Winston Smith

4. Tiresias says

That’s step 1 for Zawahiri – the insults stage.

Step 2 will be when he deems it time to point out that Obama’s daddy was a Muslim – but he is not. He’s an apostate!

Step 3 will be when the traditional remedy for apostasy will be proposed.

Maybe at that point, when it dawns on the nutroots that Obama is – personally – a target of these guys, they’ll get it.

Maybe not, too.

5. Deana says

Charles –

Last night, I was laughing at your comment about your across-the-border brothers having to cross the border somewhere around Idaho. And now this.

Ah well. If we couldn’t laugh about this stuff, we really would be crazy.

Deana

6. Deana says

Tiresias –

I will admit that before all of this, I completely dismissed the whole idea of radical Muslims targeting Obama (verbally or otherwise) due to the fact that his father was Muslim. Not because I have any faith in Muslims but because . . . well, I’m not sure why. Perhaps I could not wrap my brain around that scenario with all the other concerns I had about Obama.

Now what you say doesn’t seem so much of a stretch.

Deana

I agree with Tiresias’s take, too.

The one thing I’ve learned about radical Muslims is how effing irrational they are. Here they have the biggest patsy who will have ever lived in the White House ready to drop trou and spread for them, and I’ll bet some of them will STILL want to kill him.

8. suek says

>>I will admit that before all of this, I completely dismissed the whole idea of radical Muslims targeting Obama (verbally or otherwise) due to the fact that his father was Muslim.>>

I think that’s been a lot of Bush’s problem. I suspect that one of the factors involved in his decisions has been the long standing acquaintance between his father and the Saudis. In other words, he _knew_ what most of us sort of cannot believe and that was the depth and range of their religious beliefs. I think for most of us in the US, the reality of what their religion means to them, and the lengths they will go to in order to satisfy the requirements of Allah as they understand them are close to unbelievable for most of us. It’s that lack of belief – the “oh c’mon – you’ve _got_ to be kidding” factor that has made so many unwilling to recognize the seriousness of the islamic intentions.

They really do not view life as we do. And vice versa.

9. 1Lulu says

Tiresias,
    I think you are right. The Radical Islamists were very quiet during the election about the fact that Obama, according to their patrilineal descent, is considered by them to be a Moslem, and since he is no longer practicing Islam he is now considered to be an Apostate Christian (even if his spiritual guide is Rev. Wright). As such, he deserves the penalty of death. There are millions of zealots in this world who believe this. Moreover, what greater triumph than victory over an apostate United States president could there be for Al Queda? It would galvanize and excite the take-over-the-world-for sharia Islamists to even dream of this possibility- The great Satan led by an apostate? It boggles the Islamist mind. Of course, any attempt on Obama by Islamists will lead to war. No way you can just sit around the campfire singing, “Can’t we all get along?” to that. Perhaps this will wake up the kumbaya singers?

I don’t know. I always thought that the cruelty toward animals prevalent in Islamic society might upset the Left since abuses of women, children, widespread torture and suicide terrorism didn’t have an impact on who they thought the bad guys were. I remember reading about an Israeli victim of a suicide bombing who died along with the dog he was training fro use with the disabled. I thought they would be upset about the innocent dog since they cared not a whiff about the innocent human (or was he guilty simply by virtue of living in Israel?).

I also remember a conversation I had with a representative of NOW in which I asked why they don’t speak up about honor killings, female genital mutilation, and etc. She had never heard of any of these atrocities.

10. George Bruce says

The nutroots will rationalize anything. They won’t believe Zawahiri said that. They won’t believe that he said it about Obama. And in any event, he wouldn’t have said it except Bush made him do it. The next thing you know, there will be some kind of truther movement that contends that Al Qaeda is really a front group for neo-cons and Sarah Palin.

11. suek says

>>They won’t believe Zawahiri said that. They won’t believe that he said it about Obama.>>

What about the US muslims? Have they been modified so that the apostate status doesn’t matter? or is Zawahiri’s report a call to action? Did they not know? It wasn’t well reported…

I wonder. If they didn’t know it, all hell could break loose now that they do. If they did…well, that would be very interesting!

12. Bonzo says

Charles Johnson is an idiot. A fool.
    Johnson hates Judaism, thus he has no long term reason to support Israel. Those who trust him would be wise to keep him in front, not behind. He’s a capo.

He has 72 raisin’s for what he keeps pushing.

1Lulu said (#9)
    >> I always thought that the cruelty toward animals prevalent in Islamic society might upset the Left since abuses of women, children, widespread torture and suicide terrorism didn’t have an impact on who they thought the bad guys were. >>

I was thinking exactly the same thing, Lulu, and you beat me to it.

If liberals in this country aren’t upset about the way women are treated in those countries, and by Al Qaeda, there’s zero chance that a phrase that can be interpreted as “Obama is a house negro” or “Obama is a house servant” is going to upset them.

What, fifty million liberals are suddenly going to say, “OK, that’s it, that’s the last straw!” Heh.

And now it’s time for Today’s Greatest Headline!

From: http://www.jihadwatch.org/archives/023552.php

Muslims demand removal of Senator Lieberman from Homeland Security Committee

My honest response: Big F**king BooHoo

My Greatest Headline Response:
    Conservative Americans demand removal of Osama Bin Laden and Ayman Al-Zawahiri from Leadership Of Al Qaeda

(Yes, today is one of those days; I’m extremely disgruntled at the world and way America is headed down the garbage chute… sorry)