How to avoid the stigma of being called an apartheid state

The head of the UN General Assembly just called Israel an “apartheid” state.  In other words, Israel is emblematic of evil in the world.  I’ve finally realized what the problem is:  Israel has a mixed population.

Think about it:  Iraq expelled her Jews and hounded her Christians into obscurity.  Saudi Arabia makes it illegal to be Jewish or Christian — so there are no Jews or Christians, making it a nice, homogenous population.  Iran also simply expelled or murdered different people.  The same holds true for Arab/Muslim state after Arab/Muslim state, all of whom are in good odor at the UN.

The secret, therefore, to avoid this insulting epithet isn’t to try to accommodate your hostile minority populations.  Instead, the secret is to destroy them entirely.  Once they’re good and gone, and once you’ve become a completely homogeneous racial or religious state by virtue of their (enforced) absence, nobody can tar you with the crime of being an “apartheid state.”

Orwell would be proud.

Comments

As a college student, I had many Arab friends. Once, speaking to a Libyan friend, I said something very negative about the Israelis (it may have been at the time that Israel allowed the Lebanese Phalangists enter the Palestinian refugee camps and slaughter the inhabitants).

My friend looked around carefully to make sure that nobody was listening and told me, “I cannot criticize the Israelis. I wish that I was Israeli because I know that I would then, as an Arab, have more freedom and democracy than I have in my own country”.

Over time I came to realize that there were many, many Arabs who feel that way but have never been free to say so.

2. Ymarsakar says

Given that Palestinians specifically hunt out and execute “Jewish sympathizers and spies”, that is to be expected, Danny. Remember how Jonestown controlled the kool aid drinkers from Neo’s post?

Making people not be able to trust each other in Palestinian and Arab culture is one of the ways these “dictators” got to power in the first place. Arabs need an external enemy to ally together, but hunting out sympathizers and making everyone afraid of voicing any type of sympathy with this “external enemy” is also a way to control the Arab population.

Once again we see that it is not democracy that is the prime motivator of human events, it is the people with the biggest guns. If people want democracy, they need to have the biggest and most powerful guns. Some Americans know this, most Marines accept this, why can’t the rest of the ignorant intellectuals in the world? (with the exception of people like Che and Castro and Pol Pot, who certainly did understand and accept the fact)

3. jlibson says

Spot on Book!

This is the first time that I have seen this observation. By trying to be an integrated society and being imperfect, Israel is castigated in ways that truly oppressive tyrannical nations are not.

Yet another “hate the UN” moment.

4. Ymarsakar says

Orwell would be proud.

5. Ymarsakar says

THe UN are like our Main Sewer Media, Book. They will pick on the low hanging fruit. If you are strong, ruthless, and have shown a capability to crush all opposition, like Obama, then they will treat you with respect, love, and adoration. If you are weak and actually believe in helping the powerless and the downtrodden, Book, then they know that you are someone they can use and manipulate. THen they will be coming for you, the UN bureaucrats, peacekeepers, and reporters.

Ymar (#4)
    >> True evil is not the devil in full regalia, complete with horns and tails. True evil has the visage of an angel and will appeal to your better nature. >>

Y, you’ve gotta stop being so critical of Obama! ;-)

Obama is the Lightbringer, I hear. I believe Lucifer was, too.

7. Ymarsakar says

I’m going to continue believing in the worst about Obama until he proves otherwise. This way I won’t be possessed by the demon of Hope and be disappointed. I’m going for eXtreme Lowballing here.

That way, anything bad that happens I can always tell myself, in 2009, “it could be worse”.

8. Ymarsakar says

Btw, Mike, you should really check out and read Off Armageddon Reef by David Weber at your nearest library.

Weber’s a good primer to go with your recent firearms owning training and articles on being armed. The subject isn’t non-fiction but religious schisms.

You can find more details at my site here, where I explicated an interview by Weber.

If you’ve read it already, I’d like to hear your thoughts on the subject.

Ymar (#8)

I’ll certainly take a look at the Weber book.

>> Weber’s a good primer to go with your recent firearms owning training and articles on being armed. >>

I haven’t begun yet. :-(
    The gun is still sitting in its case, unloaded and packed away. Lot of good it’s doing me right now, eh? My foray back into software consulting work is consuming all my time, energy and focus. There have been some slam-bang wonderful debates going on here among Book’s readers, and I’d love to participate but I’d have to read deeply and think deeply, and I can’t seem to manage the time right now. So I am enjoying perusing the debate points, which is all the time I have.