The liberal press and “economists” such as Paul Krugman are so excited: Obama is looking to FDR for guidance. Before Obama gets too carried away with that notion, conservatives should send him copies of Amity Shlaes’ The Forgotten Man : a New History of the Great Depression, in which she compellingly explains how FDR’s endless messing with the market and expansion of the government prolonged and worsened the Depression. For a quick summary of the principles underlying Shlaes’ thesis, you can read this WSJ article she just wrote.
Although I blog for the love of blogging, I am always grateful for donations. If you would like to donate, please go here.
- Modeling & A National Rx For The Wuhan Flu
- The risks to health care providers have a pre-modern feel to them
- Bookworm Beat 3/29/2020 — I’m back, with ANOTHER coronavirus illustrated edition
- Coronavirus panic makes no sense so I’ve got a few theories
- Bookworm Beat 3/26/20: The best, freshest coronavirus jokes around (illustrated edition)