It’s another day of mental malaise. I’ve been running from pillar to post, but that’s not an excuse for my not writing. I could have squeezed out some time in lieu of making dinner and tidying the house. The fact is, I’m still at a loss for coherent thoughts. When you’re watching the world disintegrate, which fragment of your soon-to-be-former existence becomes worthy of comment?
The Obama crew knows this, which is why, as they dismantle the economy, they’re also passing legislation to create a Brownshirts, um, civilian service organization. They know that we can’t hold too many thoughts in our heads. (Incidentally, that’s why all those breathing exercises for women in labor work. It’s not just oxygenating yourself. Focusing on your partner’s breathing coaching helps distract you from the pain — since your brain can only hold so much information, including the notion of pain.)
Still, even as I struggle through the treacle of my own brain, others are doing great stuff, most notably at the Watcher’s Council where there is the weekly aggregation of posts by council members and non-council members. Here’s what I got to read today. It didn’t clear the treacle, but it made me feel smarter:
- Rhymes With Right - Republican Rejection Of Hyperbole Called Racist In Georgia
- Joshuapundit - AIG – Obama And the Democrats Unconstitutional Shadow Show
- The Razor - Congressman Lives in MD – Represents California
- The Glittering Eye - Geithner Announces Banker Bailout Program
- Bookworm Room - Out of the Mouths of Babes
- Mere Rhetoric - Great News: Obama’s Hand-Picked NSC Consolidating Power Great
- Right Truth - Grim Assessment for America’s Safety
- Soccer Dad - Major newspaper seems fated to cast israel in the worst possible lightfrom Soccer Dad
- The Colossus of Rhodey - Messiah-worshiping News Journal also has faux outrage
- The Provocateur - My Grandfather, the 14th Amendment, and the AIG Bonuses
- Submitted By: Rhymes With Right – Big Lizards - The Great Dictator
- Submitted By: Joshuapundit – Robert Averech/Big Hollywood - The Burning Of Los Angeles: The Gauntlet
- Submitted By: The Razor – The Pirate King - The Environuts Are Winning
- Submitted By: The Glittering Eye – Self-Evident - The ‘Geithner Put’, Part 1
- Submitted By: Bookworm Room – Big Hollywood - Love, War — and Gay Marriage
- Submitted By: Mere Rhetoric – Olivier Guitta - Which Way Will the Wind Blow From Damascus?
- Submitted By: Right Truth – Chesler Chronicles at Pajamas Media - A Universal Doctrine of Women’s Rights.
- Submitted By: Soccer Dad – Contentions – Linda Chavez - Re: Get Real
- Submitted By: The Colossus of Rhodey – Oliver Kamm - Galloway’s heroes
- Submitted By: The Provocateur – The Chicago Tribune - The Chicago Way in D.C.
2 Responses to “Just because I’m not writing good stuff today, doesn’t mean you don’t get to read good stuff today”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.