Questions swirl (a little bit) about whether the fatal swine flu plaguing Mexico is a “man-caused disaster” or just the run-of-the-mill Nature triumphs kind of thing. There can be no doubt, however that the earthquake that just struck is Nature’s little reminder that she is now, and always will be, in charge.
From Twitter’s breaking news:
- URGENT — People have been evacuated from buildings in Mexico City after a major 6.0 magnitude earthquake struck 100 miles away.
- BULLETIN — USGS UPGRADES EARTHQUAKE MAGNITUDE IN MEXICO TO 6.0.
- A moderate and shallow earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 5.6 has struck Guerrero, Mexico. No word on damage or casualties.
- BULLETIN — MEXICAN EARTHQUAKE HAD PRELIMINARY 5.6 TO 5.8 MAGNITUDE.
- A spokeswoman for the United States Geological Survey says an earthquake has rocked central Mexico; news agencies say “powerful” quake.
- BULLETIN — “POWERFUL” EARTHQUAKE SHAKES BUILDINGS IN MEXICO CITY, NEWS AGENCIES REPORT.
2 Responses to “Even the earth is out to get Mexico”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.