N. Korea tests Obama — and the world *UPDATED*

Clearly, predator nations smell blood in the water — and that blood is Obama’s manifest inability to cope with predator nations.  At least, that’s how I read this, from BNO News at 9:30 ish p.m. PST:

N. Korea says it is no longer bound to the armistice which ended the war and says the peninsula will soon be returned to the state of war.

Not quite 3 a.m. in the White House, but close enough, right?  The only thing I know with pretty perfect certainty right now is that BHO has absolutely no idea what to do.  Let’s hope (a) his advisers have some plans and (b) he picks a good plan from the options presented to him.

UPDATELorie Byrd reminds us that, while there’s every reason for us to continue to hope that Obama is unable to carry out his domestic agenda, we should all be at his back right now, praying for a good outcome.

UPDATE II:  This news story started running over the wire at about 9:00 pm PST last night (and I picked it up about a half hour later).   Shortly before 10:00, I told Mr. Bookworm that North Korea had announced that it was no longer bound by the armistice but was, instead, at war (which I think accurate represents the wire information).  Mr. Bookworm was flabbergasted and instantly turned on the news:  which didn’t mention this story at all.  Every single local station was obsessed with the gay marriage story and nothing short of Amageddon was going to dislodge it!  Mr. Bookworm concluded I was hallucinating, although I suspect today’s Drudge headlines might change his point of view.

As it is, someone who has a very good read on these situations thinks it’s still sabre rattling — and will continue to be so until China has a good read on Obama and, if Obama fails to impress China, moves in on Taiwan.

Again, let us join with Lorie Byrd in hoping that Obama passes this test.

Comments

1. Gringo says

From what I have read, I get the impression that the South Koreans have decided that the NoKo armed forces are degraded from the economic travails of the last 20 years, and do not fear them. It will be interesting to see if this is more bluff on the part of the NoKos, or if it will lead to “Mr. Danger.”

Hillary, where are you?

2. SGT Dave says

All,
    Here we go; if one denies a conflict-ending armistice then there is going to be a war. If the O-man were smart, we’d already have the bombers in air and the entire communications and electrical infrastructure of NK in our sights. This is the payout for trying to be a “friend” on the world stage. Keep our boys (and my friends) currently with the 2ID on the DMZ in your thoughts and prayers. I hope we won’t need them, but my head is telling me that every little bit will help.

SSG Dave
    “There is no substitute for violent action – but there are only certain times to use it.”

My concern, along with Sgt. Dave’s comments, is that there are a lot of unresolved conflicts in the world that have not erupted because a robust U.S. has successfully kept its multiple fingers in the dike. The Obama administration is making it very clear to all these would-be aggressors that there is not likely to be a more propitious time to settle these scores as during the tenure of this American administration that threatens to do no more than to vote “present in the face of any global challenge. All of our allies should be very deeply concerned.

Once again people are going to die horrible and unnecessary deaths, and when a Republican administration once again brings America back from the brink of insanity, all the ills and evils done by the Democrats will be blamed on America and the Republicans as “blowback”. “Support for dictators”.

In truth, the Democrat party are responsible for the great majority of horrible consequences that have resulted from Democrat foreign policy, not American foreign policy, but Democrat socialized and Benedict Arnold foreign policies. They sowed the destruction and then when it was expedient, blamed it on the innocent.

Iran’s Mullocracy and Revolution, Cuba’s Bay of Pigs, North Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan, all are the results of Democrat policies, not American policies. The fact that they have convinced and bludgeoned most of America into believing that it was Americans that did this, that All of America is responsible, is just part of Alinsky’s “make them own it” societal deconstruction and revolution tactics.

5. suek says

My son was stationed along the border in S.Korea for a year. He came back mentally exhausted (that may not be an accurate description, but it’s the best I can come up with) from the stress of continual testing as a result of the proximity of the N.Korean army. That was about 10 years ago. I suspect it hasn’t improved. I hope the leadership has. I got the impression from him at the time that S.Korea was considered a backwater, and not much thought was given to the commanding skills of the officers.

I guess you have to test them somewhere.

Our Big Ass Mistake America aka Hussein here is smart enough to know that making Americans and America’s allies suffer will enrich his own bank account and please his political allies. That’s intelligence, of a sort.

Any American or civilian that dies in the Korean peninsula or the Japanese islands will be considered by me as having been personally and prejudicially killed by Obama, the same as if he had swung an axe and chopped up their body parts beyond recognition.

Mrs. Martel was similarly ignorant until I told her about the Nork provocations this morning.

“What are they trying to do?” she asked.

“They’re testing to see if anybody pushes back,” I said.

She knew exactly who I meant. I may be over-optimistic, but I think the Kool-Aid may be wearing off in her case.

Good for you, Charles! Keep us apprised of the progress on Ms. Martel. I would love to know what the tipping point is, when it comes. Will it be something major or a straw that finally breaks the camels back?

Danny:

The tipping point will be Israel. Once she sees what an anti-Semite Obama is and that he will do nothing to defend Israel, the glaucoma should clear quickly.

Seems like a good place to post this (snip)

If it walks like a duck ….

Hmm….wonder where I heard this catch phrase before.

By HYUNG-JIN KIM, Associated Press Writer Hyung-jin Kim, Associated Press Writer – 1 hr 21 mins ago

SEOUL, South Korea – North Korea threatened Wednesday to wipe the United States off the map as Washington and its allies watched for signs the regime will launch a series of missiles in the coming days.

1. North Korea Warns of Military Strike on S. Korea (Oh crap, elections really do matter)…

Via AP: North Korea warned South Korea and the United States on Wednesday that Seoul’s participation in a U.S.-led program to intercept ships suspected of carrying weapons of mass destruction……