The UN comes nosing around US housing *UPDATED*

I’m unversed in UN arcana, but I’m pretty sure that nothing in its mandate gives it the right to investigate and report on affordable housing in the U.S. Of course, in keeping with the immediately preceding post I did about the prevalence of false news, maybe this is a hoax too.  Apparently everything we report here needs a caveat now:  “Warning — this story can either be incredibly important or absolutely meaningless.  Take your pick and, meanwhile, be sure to exercise your Second Amendment rights.”

UPDATE:  Teressa, at Noisy Room (it’s her link you see above) says she’s pretty sure the story is kosher and not a fake.  Thinking about my need for that assurance, I realized how utterly different the falsehoods of today are.  In the past, these kinds of falsehoods were aimed at making people believe lies.  Now, they’re aimed at making people disbelieve the truth.  I find this very disturbing, because it is an effort to make truth meaningless.  In such a world, anything goes.

Comments

I’ve been playing sleuth for the past 20 minutes.

The story was originally posted at BreitBart.TV (hat tip) under header.
    I went to Democracy Now (which was posted as a logo on the video clip) found nothing.
    Almost 250 comments at the Breitbart link – yep…flames are shooting from the eyes.
    We will have to pursue this story like the old days, source, 2nd source, 3rd source.
    I also checked UN page (I feel so dirty) also came up zip.

IF, this is true it’s time for all hell to break out. I want to know what community activists communists are involved.

I found this posted on Breitbart site under comments.

Tweets that mention Breitbart.tv » United Nations Investigator Launches Probe Into US Housing Crisis — Topsy.com October 25th, 2009 – 12:53 am

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by The B-Cast and Scott Baker, Daily Disjuncture. Daily Disjuncture said: RT @thebcast: United Nations Investigator Launches Probe Into US Housing Crisis http://bit.ly/17eUwE #tcot #thebcast [...]

3. gpc31 says

Apologies in advance to go off-topic.

I left an earlier comment in a different post wondering what specific actions we as citizens could take to forestall and possibly rollback the Democrats attempt to rig the game and create one party rule.

BW, your suggestion to use the SEIU phone number to protest health care deform was brilliant.

I came across another idea at http://www.24thstate.com/2009/10/st-louis-tea-party-to-throw-document-parties.html, courtesy of Instapundit.

The idea is to throw a party that is by “invitation only, but there will be a pretty broad invitation. Anyone interested in good governance who isn’t a nutball is welcome to join us. In addition to scouring through research documents, we’ll be teaching investigative techniques, Sunshine and FOIA requests, and information on how you can effect real change at the local level. We’ll also be meeting a major goal of the Tea Parties nationally, which is to build fellowship among those who were previously non-political.”

I emailed the editor at 24thstate.com and suggested that they do a webinar or perhaps put some results up on youtube. That might really mobilize people and could go viral.

Any other ideas on how to pressure our representatives so that they don’t remain permanent incumbents?

Sadie the Sleuth continues……

snip
    She said there was an important debate going on in the United States and her mission would focus on the impacts of the financial crisis on housing -– including public housing, homelessness and foreclosures. Her visit would be an opportunity to open a conversation with Government officials and civil society about housing as a human right. She also planned to host a press conference on Sunday, 8 November, at a homeless centre in Washington D.C.

The pillaging has begun and with a UN Rap Artist to point the way, it will try to dillute the vile disgust of Barney Frank(ly) my dear I don’t give a damn. We will be fighting not only two wars outside our borders, but two within once the UN steps in and gives the WH their seal of approval.

Would I be over reaching to suggest that the WH is looking not only to destroy the economy, but any chance of recovery.

gpc31 – don’t worry about being off topic, because I am currently off my rocker with seething, foaming anger. I AM FROTHING!!!

I’ll let some people who went through this speak for me:

Allons enfants de la Patrie,
    Le jour de gloire est arrive!
    Contre nous de la tyrannie,
    L’etendard sanglant est leve!
    Entendez-vous dans les campagnes
    Mugir ces feroces soldats?
    Ils viennent jusque dans nos bras
    Egorger nos fils et nos compagnes!

Aux armes, citoyens!
    Formez vos bataillons!

Marchons! marchons!
    Qu’un sang impur
    Abreuve nos sillons!

7. expat says

Just a few weeks ago, my rather small hometown (red area of a blue state) newspaper did a series on homelessness. It described the situations of people who were caught in the economic downturn and talked about public and private places where they could seek help. It further discussed a group of homeless men who live in a tent city in a wooded area near the downtown. I was very impressed by the insight of local groups trying to help them. First they understood that these men had mental problems and did not want to live in the local shelters, so they try to see that they get food, clothing, and bedding. Someone went to local sporting goods stores and got them to donate winter-suitable tents that had been used for display. A local official got a coffee machine for the library because the men go there when it’s cold and sit, quietly reading during the day and disturbing no one. They don’t have to pay for their coffee, but other library users put a little extra in the donations cup. When I was home this summer, I was told of a good-natured competion between various churches to see who could get the most donations for the food bank. Even local supermarkets offered bags that individuals could fill with food. I don’t think that the people who offer this kind of help feel like I-saved-the world saints. I think they are saying a quiet prayer of thanks for what they have.

What I took from this is that there are a lot of good people trying to help others on a one-to-one-basis who probably have more respect for individuals than any UN functionary could imagine. When you put bureaucrats between people, you destroy a bit of basic humanity. I doubt that the city planner from Rio will see much of this America between her fact-findiing missions and expense account New York lunches.

THe UN always is looking out for the next bread winner, Book. They do have expenses for their daily child prostitution needs, after all. As the elite and the bureaucratically talented, Book, they have even more justifications for their appetites than that director guy whose name I forgot.

I’ll say this, if a UN bureaucrat needs to sate their human desires in the flesh of women only when they kill them in a video taped sex-snuff video, isn’t that just the price of great talent that is needed to govern and unite the world?

The Left says a director has rights to a minor’s body. What more would they give our ruling elites?

Can you even take a guess.

Oh ya, Ted Kennedy is a great man, a lion of a man. His flaws are just an indication of how Great he is. And any expose of his flaws or his victims, can in no way be taken as critical of Ted Kennedy. For the man could not have accomplished what he did, without the fuel of costs. If people had to die to make him what he is, his talent would be worth it in the end. And those that died, would agree. Wouldn’t you, Book?

You see, one of the things I don’t like about Republicans is that they can’t connect these personal stories into a grand narrative that negatively impacts people’s opinion of the Democrat ethos.

Here you have a director with his sexual fetishes, Ted Kennedy that killed a woman, and all kinds of other corruption and stuff. And the Republican ‘propaganda network’ can’t even produce a simple headline like ‘culture of corruption’ to tie it all together and lay it at the feet of ALL Dems? Nancy Pelosi blasted culture of corruption over and over in 2006 and Repubs can’t even copy her work, can’t even try to imitate it on Fox or talking points?

That’s pathetic, people.

expat #11:
    > What I took from this is that there are a lot of good people trying to help others on a one-to-one-basis who probably have more respect for individuals than any UN functionary could imagine. When you put bureaucrats between people, you destroy a bit of basic humanity.

expat, there’s no “probably” about it. You have hit the nail on the head with your stunning and true anecdote.