Comments

1. suek says

As I’ve gotten older, it seems to me that there is a difference between men and women that is rarely commented on directly or seriously – though often a topic of humor…men tend to be more single minded and focused than women;  women tend to be more able to multi-task.

I put it down to the wisdom of God.  Men’s job was to “bring home the bacon” – literally.  They had to focus on their prey.  No focus, no dinner.  Women, on the other hand, had the job of raising children.  Herding cats, as it were.  Multi-tasking was as necessary for _that_ chore as was the focus needed for the man’s job.  If we didn’t have different capabilities – if men didn’t focus and women didn’t multi-task, we’d have neither dinner nor offspring!

In today’s world however, we’re “equal” – both sexes are supposed to be equally able to do each other’s job.  Men must learn to multi-task, women must learn to focus.  It sounds to me like Mr. BW needs some practice…!  Don’t you have a door _somewhere_ that you can just _close_???

I’m usually a pretty good multi-tasker, suek, but the chronic interruptions just fry my circuits.  If it were my kids, I could alpha them and make them stop, but it’s from my husband, so he gets the respect of my paying attention.  Only a few more days, though, and everyone goes back to their real life, whether work or school.  Most of the time, I’m blessed because, while my family lives for the two day weekends, I get to look forward to five day weekdays.

3. suek says

>>I’m usually a pretty good multi-tasker, suek, but the chronic interruptions just fry my circuits.>>

Actually, you prove my point!  You’re trying to _focus_, and your multi-task requirements are interfering!  Nobody can do both at the same time…it’s just impossible!    You have to do one or the other – you’re trying to do both.  Can’t be done.

Understand about the husband thing…  He may be a Lib, but he obviously views the family structure in the tradional conservative husband as Head of the Household way.  Isn’t there some demanding time consuming chore you could give him that “only he can do”?  Maybe even away from home?  Looking for some impossible to find item that you just _have_ to have?  Seems to me that this is one of the facets of the male/female running joke thing…

4. suek says

Heh.  I was at Costco yesterday.  Just so you know…Christmas is done and it is now officially spring.  They haven’t gotten fully stocked yet, but the hoses are in, and some of the spring plants and planters…  Also some camping stuff.  Not much – almost looks like it was left over from last year – if you believe they actually _keep_ stuff from last year.  I don’t…but they either have it or they don’t and I _do_ wonder if they don’t have leftovers sometimes.  And what they do with them if they do.    Costco isn’t _just_ a “guy” thing!!

Home Depot’s a good place to waste time as well…

Or maybe major book store that isn’t very close by…?

Hubby’s been occupying himself reading Ken Follett’s medieval books.  This is entirely new territory for him.  I, as a history major, am a useful repository of information, and so much easier to ask than checking things out on the internet or looking in a book.  “Was this when Britain become Protestant?”  (No.)  “Was Henry I the one who was friends with Thomas Beckett?”  (No.)  “Was Henry the II really whipped by the church?”  (Yes.)  And so on.  I’m glad to see him take an interest in something other than TV, but I do wish he’d be a little more proactive about seeking information.

Ken Follett may be a dyed-in-the-wool socialist – he claims to be one anyway – but I think ‘The Pillars Of The Earth’ is a magnificent conservative fable.  Chock full of admirable heros and heroines and loathsome villains.  Wildly entertaining.  Good vs evil has rarely been so stark, and you get to root for the good guys and gals from beginning to end.

It’s one of my “desert island books”: The ten books I’d want with me if I were stranded on a desert island for years.

<B>I’m glad to see him take an interest in something other than TV, but I do wish he’d be a little more proactive about seeking information.</b>

If he was like that, he would already have built up a resistance to Democrat propaganda and would have converted already.