Okay, awkward post title, but I just felt like writing something different and the options are limited. It was a good week at the Watcher’s Council, though, with some overwhelmingly good posts in the running, with the result that some overwhelmingly good posts won:
Winning Council Submissions
- First place with 2 2/3 points! – Wolf Howling - Public Sector Unions: A Toxin, A Crisis & An Opportunity
- Second place with 2 points – Soccer Dad - The sophistication of antisemitism
- Third place with 1 2/3 points – American Digest - Frequently Answered Questions
- Fourth place with 1 1/3 points – Joshuapundit - Hey, It’s Purim!
- Fifth place with 1 points – Bookworm Room - The common bonds between Iranian Mullahs and the Democrats
- Sixth place with 2/3 points – (T*) – Right Truth - Maj. Nidal Hasan moves to county jail.
- Sixth place with 2/3 points – (T*) – The Razor - The 2010 Healthcare Games
- Sixth place with 2/3 points – (T*) – The Colossus of Rhodey - Lessons from Vietnam? Or just about any Third World country?
- Seventh place with 1/3 points – Rhymes With Right - Dodd Introduces Amendment To Strip Americans Of Right To Donate To/Spend On Behalf Of Political Candidates
Winning Non-Council Submissions
- First place with 3 2/3 points! – Chicago Boyz - Why Alternative Power Is and Will Remain Useless
- Second place with 1 2/3 points – Victor Davis Hanson - Obama Fatigue
- Third place with 1 points – (T*) – Seraphic Secret - Welcome to College Where You Can Major in Jew-Hatred
- Third place with 1 points – (T*) – Slate - Searching for SaddamA five-part series on how the U.S. military used social networking to capture the Iraqi dictator.
- Fourth place with 2/3 points – (T*) – Against Monopoly - Dancing on the Head of the Fair Use Pin
- Fourth place with 2/3 points – (T*) – Solomonia - Guess Who’s Dining at CJP’s Trough? [Hillel]
- Fourth place with 2/3 points – (T*) – Doug Ross @ Journal - Illegal Immigration by the Numbers
- Fifth place with 1/3 points – (T*) – The Economist - Spirit level
- Fifth place with 1/3 points – (T*) – Hot Air’s Greenroom - “Outting Myself” or “We Now Interrupt This Broadcast”
- Fifth place with 1/3 points – (T*) – Althouse - Al Gore would like you to lie back and accept what the government decides is good for you.
Also, I wanted to let you know that we’ve had a changing of the guard at the Watcher’s Council. Terry Trippany, who shepherded the Watcher’s Council so ably for the last years of the first decade of the 21st Century, has retired. To the unanimous acclaim of Watcher’s everywhere, Soccer Dad will be taking over that role, and Terry will retire to the wings to oversee things and continue to help out with technical issues. I am most grateful to both of them.