Nancy’s sounding desperate

Nancy Pelosi may be mad at Robert Gibbs for admitting that the upcoming elections aren’t going to result in Democratic gains, but the fact is that she sounds pretty desperate herself in this email I got begging for funds:

Midnight tonight is your last chance to contribute to the DCCC before one of the most critical FEC deadlines of this election and the first since Republicans have experienced a surge in their fundraising.

It’s critical that House Democrats have a strong showing this month. The media and Washington pundits will view our fundraising totals as an indication of our strength to take on Republicans and their powerful special interest supporters in November.

Republicans have been claiming to have the momentum. We know that’s not true, and if you stand with me at this decisive moment in our campaign, we will make this clear to the world. We are just $35,919 away from our goal and are so committed to making this goal that all gifts today will be matched 2-to-1 by a group of generous Democratic donors.

[snip]

This election comes down to a choice between going forward or going back to Republican rule and the same exact failed policies of the Bush agenda.

My question for you: Does she really think that, 18 months into Obama’s presidency, and 6 years into a Democratic controlled Congress, “blame Bush” is still a workable tactic?

Comments

1. jj says

For the next hundred years “blame Bush” will strike them as a workable tactic, but that isn’t what I find fascinating about this.

Look what she says.  “The media and Washington pundits” will view fundraising totals as an indication of strength.  That’s what she’s worried about?  I personally do not give a warm fart on a wet Wednesday what “the media” or “Washington pundits” think at any time on any subject – I’m used to being in an alternate universe as far as they’re concerned.  (Or maybe that’s them occupying an alternate universe – either way.)  And anyway, “the media” and the “Washington pundits” are so completely in the pocket of the democrat party, does this idiot woman really think there’s some danger that they might come down on the other side?

And she’s worried about “Republicans and their powerful special interest supporters” while simultaneously assuring us that democrat party supporters will not just match, but double any donation anyone makes today.  Is she truly so damn dumb she doesn’t notice something of a contradiction in those statements?  Could anybody be that dumb?

Does she think we’re all so damn dumb we consider Soros, the SEIU thugs, the UAW, et al to be something other than the classical, living, breathing definition of the term “special interest?”  (And – don’t we all wish the republicans actually did have a few of them?)

What a genius this woman is.  We have an actual madwoman as Speaker – which to this day amazes me.  This jackass recently stated she wants people to use more natural gas – as a means of getting off fossil fuels!  I’m astounded her brain – or whatever that is – generates enough electricity to allow her to move her legs and walk around.

“I’m astounded her brain – or whatever that is – generates enough electricity to allow her to move her legs and walk around.”

LOL!!

Time out for a brief Sadie story:

As I child when I exaggerated too much, my mother would put the brakes on  it saying, “Stop acting like a Sarah Bernhardt”. At 8 or 9, I was clueless as to whom this Sarah was and never could get her last name straight in my little head, so she was always Sarah Heartburn to me.

After reading jj’s most amusing rant, about Pelosi theatrics, I am sure the actress to be was Nancy Heartburn.  Maalox and a movie, anyone?

4. Gringo says

I know it SEEMS like 6 years, but we have had a Democratic Party controlled Congress since only January 2007.
    That being said, I find it rather unlikely I will be filling the campaign coffers of SanFranNan, she who has a different view of dissent when it is directed at her side of the aisle rather than when it supports her side of the aisle

Is she truly so damn dumb she doesn’t notice something of a contradiction in those statements?  Could anybody be that dumb?

Does she think we’re all so damn dumb we consider Soros, the SEIU thugs, the UAW, et al to be something other than the classical, living, breathing definition of the term “special interest?”

JJ, she was talking to her constituency, not us. Yes, they are that dumb! The poor serfs that populate the Dem Party base will dutifully open their wallets and send money to their already heavily monied ruling class. They just can’t help their Pavlovian responses to “Bush did it”.

The Democrats have a HUGE fundraising advantage this year.  I believe it is 2-1 or worse.  That will be significant.

When I am optimistic about the GOP’s strategy and plans – I am not often optimistic these days about THAT! – I think that they recognize the disadvantage in fundraising.  And I can hope that they HAVE honed their message-to-come and are just holding off until they can maximize its effect with their too-few dollars.

But it’s August already!  There are only three months until the elections… and there is NO message.  Not yet.  The American people are turned against the Democrats right now, but only in the most unformed, uncoalesced manner.  If the GOP were to put out a strong message of limited government and sacrifice, the American People in general are NOT ready for it, for the GOP has not paved the way.  This will be a difficult message to sell, and must be handled carefully.  The American People still in general want to have their cake and eat it too.  Like children, too many of them still want “the parents” to fix everything for them.  Well, there is no fixing the mess.  It’s not possible.  The only hope is a drastic reduction in the scope, size, influence and POWER of the national government over our lives.  And if the GOP wins control and starts to slash, there will be a backlash, because the American People aren’t ready yet for the reality to come.

That’s what I believe, and that’s why I fear that if the GOP wins 2010 – control of the House and the Senate – they will put the brakes on Obama, but nothing else will really change.  And we are already so far down the road to disaster that that will not save a thing.  We need so much more to happen over the next ten years than just freezing things at a status quo.  As I said, I’m not optimistic very much these days about our future.

Governor Chris Christie gets it.  Few other politicians appear to get it.  At the national level, Wisconsin’s Ryan gets it.  Who else gets it?  Not many…  God, do I want reason for optimism!

Here’s a joke that I heard recently:

The Pope came to visit California and Nancy P. was there to greet him.  Nancy told the Pope that she was such a great politican and Speaker of the House that she could give a speech with just a few words that would make the crowd cheer.  The Pope said, “I’m sure that you can; But, I can make the crowd cheer just by raising my hand.”

“You’re on,” said Nancy.  With that she stood up and said “blame Bush.”  Yes, a few people, all die-hard Democrats, politely applaused.

The Pope, without saying a word, stood up.  Then as he raise his hand, he smacked Nancy on the back of the head.  The crowd erupted into thunderous standing ovation!

8. JKB says

I don’t know about the Dem advantage.  Where I live is not a big battleground county but it has been traditionally democrat although the most recent Rep was a republican.  The local paper ran a story about the primary that has early voting going on now.  The election commission is ordering more republican ballots since the voting turnout is 5:1 rep/dem.  Turnout might be the key.

The Dems have a nice racket going on. You see, they give the poor “welfare” and “Basic Living Stipends”, then the poor contribute to the Democrat campaign war chests. Food stamps, etc, etc, all provide a buffer, that allows people to spend time and money on politics whereas they would normally be trying to better themselves.

Stupidity is more of a long range decision cycle issue. Short term, most everybody can see the difference between 500 dollars an hour and 100 dollars an hour. When the gov sets up a nice little serf class, the serfs don’t even have to open up their wallets. Most of what they make is given to the lords, the aristocrats, before the serfs even see it. The serfs just toil the soil, like slaves.

Generally, poor people, even under welfare, won’t contribute funds voluntarily to the Left. They’d rather buy a DVD player and a plasma screen tv instead. That’s why the transaction is automatic, like monthly billing. Money is taken from the poor and given government. Government then redistributes money back to the poor, including money from the middle class, and the poor then gets it taken from them every year and given to unions. It is then the collection points, unions and other services that benefit from the poor underclass, that then contributes mega millions to the Dem war chest.

On the other hand, poor slaves of the Left may not have much in terms of initiative but they do have a lot of time on their hands. Especially if they are promised benefits for little/no work.

The key here to breaking the Left’s power is to ensure that they lack the money to maintain this self-perpetuating parasite nest of roaches. This kind of eco system is maintained by mutual benefit. The poor scratches their lords’ back and the lords provide patronage and BLS to the poor. Without money, you can’t do that. The Left gets their money from capitalism, government, and from using the power of government to destabilize markets for insider trading and what not. They are essentially sucking off, in more ways than one, the vital economic health of the general majority of Americans that occupy the middle class as well as small business owners.