Good news for those who trust the government

Bad news for the rest of us, at least when it comes to medical care.  Let us hope, therefore, that AJ Strata is right about the wave, because we need a countervailing tsunami to stop the wave Obama and the Democrats put into motion.

By the way, let me add my voice to the voices of other conservatives who are warning that, if the Republicans own the House, they cannot reverse ObamaCare.  If the Republicans own the House and manage, by the skin of their teeth, to grab the Senate, the still cannot reverse ObamaCare.  As I’ve been saying for a long time now, Obama is not a Clinton.  He will not pivot.  As long as he has the veto, the fact that Republicans will lack a veto-proof majority means that he will block any efforts to repeal ObamaCare.  The most that Republicans can do — and this is what we must demand of them — is to slow Obama’s projects, refuse to enact new ones and, whenever possible, lower taxes and cut spending.

Just remember, though, that Obama is the troll under the bridge, stopping all who pass.

Comments

1. Yankee Bruce says

Obama may be the troll under the bridge, but the Republicans must force him out from under the bridge and make him actively stop all who pass.  Obama must have as many opportunities as possible to veto popular legislation defunding / stopping Obamacare, killing Tax and Trade initiatives, etc.  If he is given the opportunity to just reside under the bridge and let his reputation stop us, we loose.  The entire drama needs to be played out on very public stages in three acts:  Act 1, Republican legislation needs to be passed.  Act 2,  Obama needs to veto it.  Act 3, Republicans / Congress must go on record in the attempt to override the veto.  Repeat as often as possible!  These will be the issues that 2012 will turn on.  Get the buzzards on the record in support or in opposition to the Obama plan for the next two years.

2. Oldflyer says

Yankee Bruce nails it.
    In addition, if they continue to force Obama to take public positions, without ego fulfilling results, his frustration will grow.  I have never thought of him as likable, but apparently many do–or so the media tell us.  As this election bears down on him, his mask has already slipped badly.  The GOP cannot let him creep back behind that mask.  They must keep the pressure on him; show him for the vindictive, egotistic, narcissist, with totalitarian tendencies, we know him to be.  Even the ostriches will eventually raise their heads and look at him.

3. Tonestaple says

The troll in the fairy tale was killed because he was easily persuaded to be greedy, always waiting for the next, bigger target.  If we can get a majority in even one house, and more importantly, develop a spine and not start blathering about the need for bi-partisanship as Republicans have been wont to do in the past, if, if, if, the troll will have no choice but to wait for the biggest prize:  re-election, and then the fun will begine.

Book, I absolutely am convinced that you are wrong, and Yankee Bruce has the reason why, and the strategy that wins:

It’s vital to FIGHT against Obama, especially as he has been fighting us for two years and has every intention of continuing the fight.  But ObamaCare remains massively unpopular.  The House gop MUST fight Obama tooth and nail on ObamaCare and defund it at every opportunity, forcing him to veto and veto and veto and veto…

The eventual result will be that enough Democrats will be in peril as the conservative wave CONTINUES to roll in 2011, due to the fight over ObamaCare and Obama’s vetos.  The Democrats who are vulnerable will simply have no choice.

But this occurs only if the Republicans actually have a spine, and stand up, and fight Obama tooth and nail on ObamaCare.  And manage the media war with guts, bravado, and clear bully pulpit crowd-pleasing rancourous warfare speech against Obama.

Darrell Issa, who wants to compromise with Obama and play nicey nicey house house, sipping his latte and dissing Sarah Palin most likely, needs some tough GOP members to take him out back into the dark alley and get him to, eh, listen to reason.  I will not put up with the compromisers and appeasers.  Sad to say, the Texas crew, including my own representative and both of my Senators are too nice to go to war the way we all need to go to war against Obama.  When he says you are the enemy, that even though you are a fellow American YOU ARE THE ENEMY, then it is time to fight back without fail and without mercy.  He can’t even say such strong words about foreign terrorists.  It is clear that he truly believes you and I are the ENEMY.

So let the little bastard veto.  We still win in the end.  No one said it has to be easy.

I’m not sure I’m wrong, Mike, in that I still believe that Obama will stop any legislation that will affect his “legacy.”  However, I agree with you and Yankee Bruce that this knowledge should not stop the Republicans, it should spur them along.  To the extent the American people dislike Obama’s legacy, the only way to stop him in 2012 is to emphasize again and again and again his hostility to the will of the people.  If the Republicans suddenly start acting nice and trying to work with — and therefore protect — Obama, they will have given him the gift of a second term.

Listen to this.

Hey Ozzie, repeat after me.

There is no Democrat vote corruption.

There is only Republican corruption of the vote.

“I’m not sure I’m wrong, Mike, in that I still believe that Obama will stop any legislation that will affect his “legacy.” ”

I think Book is making the point that Obama has the veto and will use it, which will stop certain attacks. I think Mike’s point is that ultimately, regardless of what Obama does, we shall carry the Field of Battle in the end.

I agree with both points and conclusions. I also like how Mike is so fired up ; ) Reminds me of me back in 2005 when I first saw the two faced Democrat party show its pustulence in Iraq.

No pale pastels!!  Primary colors all the way.

Conservatives will lose in the short run, but ONLY highly public losing in the short run will produce a win in the long run.

Yankee Bruce is right on the money — if I were in the Congress, I would introduce repeal legislation weekly!  Make the Dems (and RINOs) vote over and over and over.  Make the President veto over and over and over…..

At that point, there’s a chance that virtually EVERY American will know where those b*****ds stand by 2012.  And that is the only way we can throw the rascal out!!

Playing nice with thugs will only get you hurt….someone tell the Republican “leadership”……

I say there is more than a 50% chance that the Republican RNC top heads will be bought off by Obama with money, wealth, status, etc and made as dogs of Obama to go after the Tea Party candidates.

The first enemy of Tea Party candidates will be the Republican party. Take it over and then the next target is Obama or other Democrats. Only when you have secured your base of operations, the RNC, can you take the war to the enemy.

this is just basic military strategy, which was present even during Sun Tzu’s time of several thousand years ago. Nothing fundamental has changed in the fight against enemies, political or foreign.