It is (I hope) not futile to resist the Islamic Borg

One of the things the Leftist multiculturalists refuse to acknowledge is that Islam does not assimilate.  Individual practitioners of the faith may, periodically and superficially, espouse the culture in which they live, but the fact remains that Islam, by its nature, is the Borg.

Borg-like, the Islam collective’s motto is “Resistance is futile.  You will be assimilated.”  The Borg/Islam collective does not recognize the possibility that it might be the entity that assimilates.  As with the fictional Borg populating Star Trek : The Next Generation, when the Islamists move in on a territory, they move in to conquer and for no other reason.

I mention this pop culture analogy here, because one of Singapore’s past leaders, Lee Kuan Yew, in an interview to promote his new book, spoke about Islam’s failure to assimilate, and he made a statement that is, I think, full comparable to Churchill’s speech about the Iron Curtain dividing Europe:

In the book, Mr Lee, when asked to assess the progress of multiracialism in Singapore, said: “I have to speak candidly to be of value, but I do not wish to offend the Muslim community.

“I think we were progressing very nicely until the surge of Islam came, and if you asked me for my observations, the other communities have easier integration – friends, intermarriages and so on, Indians with Chinese, Chinese with Indians – than Muslims. That’s the result of the surge from the Arab states.”

He added: “I would say today, we can integrate all religions and races except Islam.”

He also said: “I think the Muslims socially do not cause any trouble, but they are distinct and separate.”

Mr lee then went on to speak of how his own generation of politicians who worked with him had integrated well, including sitting down and eating together. He said: “But now, you go to schools with Malay and Chinese, there’s a halal and non-halal segment and so too, the universities. And they tend to sit separately so as not to be contaminated. All that becomes a social divide.”

He added that the result was a “veil” across peoples. Asked what Muslims in Singapore needed to do to integrate, he replied: “Be less strict on Islamic observances and say ‘Okay, I’ll eat with you.’”  (Emphasis mine.)

Certainly if there’s one image that epitomizes Islam, it’s the veiled face, whether the veil hides women from all civic interactions or masks the men on Western streets who commit violence with impunity as they hide their faces from the authorities.

Yew, who is no longer a power broker, has the luxury of age and retirement to speak of this veil.  It’s interesting, however, that Britain’s Prime Minister David Cameron has suddenly decided to speak up as well about the Borg in Britain’s midst:

In an attack on Britain’s previous government, Cameron said authorities there had been too hesitant to intervene when some sectors of society espoused abhorrent views.

“We have even tolerated these segregated communities behaving in ways that run counter to our values,” Cameron said. “We have encouraged different cultures to live separate lives, apart from each other and the mainstream.”

Cameron said a culture of tolerance had allowed both Islamic extremists, and far-right extremists, to build support for their causes. “We’ve been too cautious, frankly even fearful, to stand up to them,” he said.

Some European allies have criticized Britain for harboring hardline Islamic clerics and failing to clamp down on mosques that promote a perverted view of Islam.

Several terrorists involved in attacks or attempted plots in the U.S., Sweden, Denmark and Norway over the last two years have had links to Britain, or British-based clerics.

“If we are to defeat this threat, I believe it’s time to turn the page on the failed policies of the past,” Cameron said. “Instead of ignoring this extremist ideology, we – as governments and societies – have got to confront it, in all its forms.”

I am delighted to see people with bully pulpits begin to speak, although I don’t expect to hear anything intelligent on the subject from the world’s premier bully pulpit until January 2013 (assuming all goes well in the November 2012 elections).  As it is, my only hope now is that the Islamic/Borg invaders haven’t already reached to a tipping point from which there is no return.

Hat tip:  American Thinker

Cross-posted at Right Wing News

Comments

The giants of the West are beginning to stir. In the end, I don’t think Islam will be able to compete and this may be a big part of what is happening in the Middle East, Iran and Pakistan.

There’s a huge irony here in that Iran’s ancient culture, which was light years beyond that of the Arabs, was almost thoroughly destroyed by Muslim invaders—libraries, schools and monuments, while the venerable Zoroastrian religion was reduced to a remnant.

Yet today Iran is the most obnoxious Muslim country. Truly, the Borg have succeeded.

3. 11B40 says

Greetings:

I’m currently reading “Comanches: The History of a People” by T.R. Fehrenbach and am somewhat surprised by the parallels between the Comanches and our muslim brothers and sisters.  The author, writing back in the mid-70s, even addresses the similarity directly.  If I’m reading him correctly, he seems to think that the differences in culture between the Comanches and their “magic-based” view of the world basically precluded their integration into any type of cause-and-effect based culture like those brought to America by Europeans.  Now, if one substitutes “magic-based” for the “if Allah wills it” mentality, you can easily surmise that muslim integration will be a very long road to hoe.

Similarly, the author talks about how the incorporation of horse “technology” into their culture allowed the Comanches to re-allocate all the hours they previously spent hunting for food into their other primary male activity, raiding, initially, other Amerindians and, subsequently European settlers.  Their failure/inability to re-assess their culture in terms of the fundamental change to it that the Europeans brought, lead, as night follows day, to their near-extermination.

So, I want you to ask yourself, as Dirty Harry might have said, do you want to be a Comanche or a European?  If we fail as a culture, and regardless of the reason, to both attack and undermine the ideology underlying islam what hope can we rationally have to relegate islam to an appropriate dustbin of history.  They have been practicing this type of tribal warfare for for over 1300 years.  They will not stop until they are stopped.

I know I’ve mentioned this before, but my wife and I were rather fond of the Borg prisoner known as Seven of Nine on Star Trek Voyager. Given her bodacious un-Borg-like assets, we quickly took to calling her Two of Two. Watching the looks on our friends faces once they got our reference made for endless mirth.

5. 11B40 says

Greetings:  especially “M. Danny Lemieux”

In regard to “Comanches”, I think that its the best book that I have read about Indians besides those by James Fenimore Cooper (joke).  The author follows the Comanches from their Stone Age beginnings in the Rockies through their horse-based move out onto the plains of central Texas.  He explains much about the Spanish attempts at colonization and the disparate impacts those attempts had on agrarian/urbanized Indians versus the predatory/nomadic ones.  He seems to me to be very evenhanded throughout but emphasizes that very few of the Comanches/Spanish/Texans/Americans really understood the others’ cultures.  One of the things that surprised me was his assessment that one the Comanches had mastered horse acquisition and breeding, their lives became so easy hunting-wise that they became “indolent” compared to the “incessantly working Anglo-Saxons”.

(The author has also written his magnus opus about the Indians of Mexico and Central America.)

11B40, your reference to Commanche indolence is interesting. It’s as though the horse and rifle allowed them to enter a sort of hunter’s paradise. The problem, of course, as you noted, was that with the most basic and pressing problems of their life solved, they had to find something to do.

Our own civilization seems to have arrived at a similar point. We have (mostly) solved the problems of food, shelter, and protection, and now seem bent on a course of endless frivolity and distraction. I count leftist social tinkering as dangerous frivolity, as people who have way too much time and power on their hands seek to move us from being 90% OK to 99.99999999% OK.

7. Michael Adams says

The Comanche were such badasses after they got the horse, that they were a serious threat to the Spanish in Mexico. Although the Spanish claimed Texas as a part of Mexico, they had not actually settled here, except for the missionaries among the other Indian tribes, also threatened by the Comanche.(Old Spanish maps just label the whole of Texas Comancheria.) So the Spanish  invited Anglos like Moses Austin to settle colonies of Scots-Irish in a band of protective settlements across Texas. They were, in the long run, worse badasses than the Comanche. Colonial archives in DF show that the Spanish had a plan to get rid of the Anglo settlers, once the Comanche were no longer a threat. The Mexicans gained their independence from Spain, and one of their earliest dictators, Antonio Lopez de Santa Ana, tried to implement the old plan. It back-fired, setting off the Texas Revolution.

The Comanche continued to be a threat in Texas for decades.  My great grandmother remembered them, although they were hardly a threat by the 1890′s.  She said that they would get drunk in their villages/camps and hoot and holler a lot, but not enough to frighten my great great grandmother, a 3/4 Cherokee, nor my great great grandfather, son of a refugee from the Irish famine. Accounts from both settlers and captives who lived among the Comanche describe people very much like modern urban gangs, violent, of course,  but also having a kind of warrior cult built around “respect.” They do sound very much like Arab tribes, don’t they?

8. Wolf Howling says

Book:  I am deeply skeptical of Cameron’s understanding of the situation as well as his ability to make any sort of follow through.  One, PC is so deeply imbedded in Britain’s culture today that it would take communist style re-education camps to dislodge it.  Two, Cameron uses the code words “far right extremists” and paints them as an equal danger to the UK being as the Islamists.  The “far right” to which he refers, the EDL folks, and the BNP, have been labled “far right” simply because they are the only ones pushing back in the UK against the Islamic insanity.  If Cameron is equating the two, he has no grasp of reality.  Three, his referral to a “peverted ideology” marks a fundamental misunderstanding of the Wahhabi dogma that is sweeping over Islam in a wave.  It is not a peversion of existing doctrine.  To the contrary, it is the purest form of Islam as articulated a millenium ago.  When I hear a single leader in the Western world identify Wahhabi / Salafi dogma as the alpha and omege of what is wrong with Islam, then it will be time to listen.  The bottom line is that if you cannot diagnose the illness, you’re chances of curing it are virtually zero.

I expect that Cammeron’s words will go the way of Merkel’s, who made a similar statement a few months ago.  A brief foray into the issue, followed by push-back from the left and the Muslims, followed by silence or some ridiculous cosmetic changes.  I don’t see this ending in my time, nor do I see it ending peacefully for Europe.  The only reason I think Europe will ultimately survive is because the deeply ideological Muslims will likely jump at the first opportunities to impose Islam in Europe, and they will do so too soon, before the EDL and BNP types as well as the Geert Wilders clones have been crushed by Europe’s existing governments.

9. JKB says

I’m not to worried about Islam borging America., namely due to bacon.  Okay, not just bacon, but also pork ribs, pork bbq, pork chops, ham (city and country) and carnitas.  Then there’s beer.  They tried to take away, not just beer but all booze, all it caused was complete breakdown of respect for the law, that, and NASCAR.  They can try to get American women to wear a burka but we’ve had no success getting them to stop wearing tube tops, even when the tube is more like the size of culvert.  Oh and stoning, no, every Southern boy knows you don’t throw rocks at girls, they throw them back harder and more accurately.  Women’s softball, anyone.  No, they’ll make inroads with the support of their multiculturalist servants but that is only because we’re nice.  But there will come a time, when it’s time to be not nice.

10. Tonestaple says

According to Mufti Ibrahim Desai, everyone’s favorite Deobandi freakazoid at askimam.org, the word hijab does not refer to the headcovering but is actually a word meaning curtain, so describing Islam as using a curtain to divide itself from the rest of society is extremely apt and accurate.

11. JKB says

I just remembered I saw this last week  NPR: why-bacon-is-a-gateway-to-meat-for-vegetarians With the power of bacon we will defeat them just as bacon defeats the vegetarian.

“Because bacon is one- to two-thirds fat and also has lots of protein, it speaks to our evolutionary quest for calories, Lundstrom says. And since 90 percent of what we taste is really odor, bacon’s aggressive smell delivers a powerful hit to our sense of how good it will taste.”

Thus we shall fight for bacon and our cooking fires shall render our enemy unable to resist.

12. suek says

>>I do hope the insh’allah attitude will result in Islam having to retreat behind its old borders, but I’m still not sure the west is mentally strong enough to do what needs to be done to make that happen.>>

Have you ever wondered why muslims have to engage in so much conflict if insh’allahs?

suek, the beauty of Allah is that it is pure whim, pure will. Whatever it wills happens, and it can will what it wants when it wants it. One second it’s on one faction’s side, the next it’s on the other’s.

Worshipping Allah is kind of like trying to worship the Billy Mumy character in Twilight Zone’s “It’s a Good Life!” You never know when you’re gonna cross him.

There’s a good reason why the world of Islam rotted away as the Western and Asian civilizations grew.

Not to worry, though. If Islam begins to reestablish a threatening foothold in Europe, I will be the first to pass around the collection jar to sponsor Charles Martel’s all-expenses-paid return to Europe in glory to finish the job he first set out to do in 732 AD.

I’ll even offer to carry his luggage for him. Maybe we can send Ymar to accompany him as lead samurai and Book as his martial arts drill instructor.

I sure hope that he isn’t feeling his age, though. One can get a little moldy after 1,200-something years.

15. Gringo says

One reason why Muslims have more difficulty in integrating themselves into non-Islamic nations, or in associating with non-Muslims, is that Islam is not just theology. “Render unto Caesar” separately from “Render unto God” has no resonance in Islam, as Islam is the whole package: theology, government, society, family. You name it, there is an Islamic diktat to cover it. Islam has all the bases covered.

Non-Muslim immigrants  have less trouble than Muslim immigrants do in adapting to the customs of their new homelands because many fewer of  their old country customs  have the weight of religion behind them. For Muslims, adapting to the customs of their new homelands has the sting of apostasy to them, because nearly all of what they had done in their old countries was dictated by the Koran, by Islamic custom or by Islamic law.

Going in the other direction, a Saudi woman was in one of my high school classes. She informed us that in Saudi Arabia, the American expats kept themselves separate from the locals. From the tone of her voice, her dislike for this was apparent, as was her opinion that the American expats had freely chosen this practice.  Years later, I found out that the Saudi government had enforced this policy as a way to prevent contamination from the West.

After my years as an oilfield expatriate, I have a certain amount of sympathy for the Saudi practice of segregating off the expats. Oilfield people can be more raucous than the average. I doubt that Book herself would have been happy with next door neighbors who drank and caroused in the manner that many oilfield people do. [But when you are housed across the street from the local disco, as I was in Argentina, it is easy to fall into temptation]. But to be fair, most of the oilfield expats I knew were fairly well behaved- with the exception of some drunken Scotsmen I shared a place with in Venezuela- and their friends. But they were off the charts. Apparently the oilfield Scots have a reputation. Decades later, I was part of an end of semester presentation that the Dean of the school attended. As the Dean was from Scotland, I mentioned that I had worked with Scotsmen in the oilfield in Venezuela. “Bunch of drunks, weren’t they,”  the Dean replied.

Kali #14′s link on pig racing brings forth an important point about Muslims in non-Muslims lands. Many Muslims  will push as far as they can, until they encounter resistance. A Muslim group had bought land in Katy TX next to a pig farm. The Muslims informed the pig farmer that he had to go, and apparently did it in a public meeting of  hundreds. After the farmer retaliated by sponsoring pig races on Friday, the Muslim holy day, suddenly the Muslims decided they could live with that. After all, they weren’t being forced to eat pork.

One semester I had a Muslim roommate from Bangladesh. I asked him if he objected to my keeping pork, my favorite meat, in the refrigerator. He said that he did not object. Years later, when the Somali taxicab drivers at the Minneapolis airport raised a stink about transporting dogs or alcoholic beverages, I thought of my Muslim roommate. The Somalis were just pushing to see what they could get. If my Muslim roommate had no objection to pork in the refrigerator, how could the Somali taxi drivers object to booze or a dog in the car?

Danny, occasionally an arm will fall off or I’ll accidentally twist my head 180 degrees. Otherwise I’m holding up remarkably well.

Now, with the advent of Obamacare, I have no doubt that all of my “accidents” will be taken care of expeditiously and compassionately.

In a nutshell, there is no difference between Islam and AGW – one accepts the will  of Al Gore, et al. and the other Allah.

A pox on both their houses!

Gringo…”You name it, there is an Islamic diktat to cover it. Islam has all the bases covered”

It strikes me that this is very similar to modern bureaucratic liberalism, under which all aspects of life are increasingly micromanaged by rulebooks.

MB, Islam and no veils  – just the pure embodiment of evil.

The Muslim Brotherhood, a global movement with Hamas as its Palestinian branch, has taken a greater role in organizing the protest against the Egyptian regime as it unfolds its independent political agenda, defying both the American administration and Israel. Rashad al-Bayumi, the Muslim Brotherhood’s second-in-command, announced in an interview with Japanese TV (and cited by al-Hayat) that the group would join a transitional government in order to cancel the peace treaty between Egypt and Israel, as it “offends the Arabs’ dignity and destroys the interests of Egypt and other Arab states.” He further explained that his animosity to the American administration stems from its support for Israel, stressing that Egypt does not need American aid.
    The rest here.

20. JKB says

Gringo, that is it more than anything the muslim immigrants push and their multiculturalist running dogs get their panties in a wad if anyone dare stand up to the muslims.  In Canada, you apparently can’t even comment on the smell of unfamiliar food they eat.  The real need is to stand against the commissions and judges that have been put in place by those who hate their own culture and seek power by attacking anyone who dare stand up for Western culture.

21. esurio says

They have been practicing this type of tribal warfare for for over 1300 years. A google search “.gov radicalization of prison imates”  gave over a hundred thousand results showing that law enforcement is very concerned about a specific area of muslim proselytization. This Fox News story is from 2009; after the Little Rock shootings:
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,524799,00.html “The suspect in the deadly shooting at a military recruiting center in Arkansas is the latest in a series of Muslim converts accused of planning or launching violent attacks in the U.S., part of what security experts call an alarming domestic trend.”

Islam never went into a religious reformation like the Catholic Church. Thus they are still living in the hey days where Islam dominated culturally, militarily, and politically. But that’s no longer the case, so the juxtaposition of their glory days and what should be, with what is, really upsets the Islamics.

Lol. Funny.

Book, I think, should be his PR speaker, cause she has a good voice and she works well with people. I’ll take something akin to the intel portfolio: strategy behind the scenes. I’m also interested in good training methodologies. Old Martel will need a doctor, a miracle worker. And not from California’s healthcare services.

What Gringo mentions here is what I call the “test”. People naturally test other people. Just to see what happens, what they can get away with, what boundaries have been set or not set, and so forth.

As part of picking up some interrogation protocols from observation or 2nd hand experiences, this made human behavior much easier to explain and process and predict.

The Arabs respect strength. In the tribal mind, a weak individual has no right to say anything, cause he can’t do anything about it.

Islam is a closed philosophical system, like Marxism and AGW. If something contradicts the narrative, it must mean that the followers are not, respectively, obeying Allah, following the dialectic, or propagandizing earnestly enough to achieve the desired effect.

Thus, more murders in the name of Allah, more executions in the name of historical necessity, more fervent references to long ago discredited “studies” about and proponents of man-caused global warming/change/chaos.