Obama’s speech open thread

I’m heading off to the dojo to work out some of my anger at Obama.  Meanwhile, feel free to use this post as an Obama’s speech open thread.  (Or an anything else you want open thread.)

Comments

Rhetorical question of the day:

Is Obama prepared to give up the West Wing for the West Bank or West Texas for secure borders with Mexico.

2. jj says

Obama’s extraordinarily banal, predictable, and boring.

This is much more interesting: F/A-18G Growlers are a lot louder than EA-6B Prowlers.  Oldflyer – discuss!

3. BrianE says

That’s hard to believe. A6’s fly over and do touch and goes here fairly often, and I don’t think I’ve heard a louder plane- except as a kid when the b-52’s scrambled. But their’s was just an overwhelming bombardment on all your senses. The A6’s are a higher freqency piercing sound.

4. jj says

The boys at NAS Whidbey are transitioning from the Prowlers to the Growlers – my God!  The Prowlers sort of rumbled along – the F/A-18s shriek at you.  One of them put in to our local airport – which was built by the Navy back in the 1940s, and is, though most people don’t know it, still managed by Lieutenant-Commander Somebody-or-other, not anyone connected with civil government.  (Our little local airport is also listed on the FAA website as having one 4,500 runway.  Anybody who owns Google Earth can plainly see that other one, the 8,500 foot strip the FAA forgot about.  Huh.  What’s that about?)

Every so often they send something in, just to remind everybody whose really in charge.  We’ve had P-3s, A-6s, EA-6Bs, a C-17 – not often, but now and then.  A few weeks back an F/A-18 came in for lunch, and when the kid driving it finished his hot-dog and quick tour of the golf course, and fired that thing up to get out of here, you couldn’t believe it.  He was okay at start-up, okay taxiing out, and then he got onto the runway, lined up, stopped, and cranked up the afterburners – Mother of pearl!  between the mountains, the forest, the sea – it sounded like a rolling explosion as he got it off the ground.

I wasn’t there, I was home.  The dogs were howling, the windows were shaking, pictures jumping around on the walls – I didn’t know what the hell it was until I saw him arcing out over the water, headed east to Whidbey.  Impressive noise.  Really impressive.

jj, I have a reporter friend who got raptured up a few years in a Blue Angel F/A-18. The gimmick was to have local press take demo rides so they could get readers salivating at the thought of the Angels’ annual Fleet Week aerial show.

My friend reports being slammed back in his seat as the pilot throttled up for takeoff, something he was expecting and which exhilirated the hell out of him. But when the jet’s wheels had barely cleared the runway, the pilot put the plane into a full-power 80-degree climb. My friend said it was as close as a man on the street could ever come to riding atop a heavy booster rocket. To this day he cannot believe that an engine so small can deliver such thrust.

He later learned that each Blue Angel pilot who took up a media person was duty bound to try and make his passenger vomit. “Mission more than accomplished,” my friend told me. “Best puke I ever took.”

Suek, basically this is how government plans to maintain the upkeep of the welfare and the A through Z minions of theirs. Taxing and fining people until they go broke.

Hey, it worked for the Absolute Monarchs of Europe, dontcha know.

Obama also refuses to give flood victims a tax break by declaring emergency. He’s going to keep the regime’s tyrannical taxes on them until they go broke, as well as lose their property.

That’s the kind of people Democrats and Leftists are.

8. suek says

Ymar…

Add to that that he’ll spend xx million dollars sending aid to the Mexican government to fight their fires, but not one penny for Texas. Not even an emergency declaration there either.

The reason why A through Z will never convince me that their way is the right way is precisely because it doesn’t matter what ideology they ascribe to politically or economically. A tyrant is a damn tyrant, no matter whether he be a capitalist or a socialist, mixed economy, or radical freak rapist.