Some insults are too funny to keep to oneself

I got the funniest email today, and I just had to share it with you.  The “re” line was as follows: “Gibbering baboons more sensible than you, wingnut degenerate.” I was intrigued. The rest of the email consisted of a link to a post, along with the full text of the post in which the author explained precisely why I don’t even rank up there with gibbering baboons and, worse, I’m a “wingnut degenerate.”

I debated whether to share the link with you guys, ’cause I think the author is just trying to generate traffic.  However, because both the email title and the blog post had me laughing hysterically, I think the post author deserves some recognition.  Go here and check it out.  Then, come back to me and tell me if you can understand the author’s thesis.

I’ve read the darn post three times now and I still can’t figure out what the point is.  I know I’m a lower mammalian life form and a degenerate but, for the life of me, I don’t understand what I did to earn those interesting sobriquets.  I mean, it’s clear that I shouldn’t have said what I said, but the post author never seems to bring himself to explaining why I shouldn’t have said those things.  He sneers, but he never manages to rise to the level of thesis, fact and argument.  His post is the written equivalent of this — it definitely makes a statement, but one that reflects solely on the person making the statement, not the person at the receiving end.

Comments

1. MacG says

Book,  the poster is confused because they think it’s a male brain blogging…Besides that you used the Reich card and a reference to Obama in the same post, and that upset them regardless that you did not call the president a Reichist.

She’s red. It says so right on the marin for Marin. There’s a big Red spot right where she is. Covered by blue, which is the Blue Pill, Aka sanity.

Don’t worry Book. If he had tried to deal with my logical connections, he wouldn’t have had it so easy. That means your stuff was good for him.

3. shirleyelizabeth says

The insulter also seems to not understand that you were exploring the reason behind McQueary’s actions, not Sandusky’s. I thought reading comprehension was one of the things they still taught in school.

It would be fun to have this blogger here for dinner. Literally. Danny, the Mikes, jj, Duchess, Marica, JKB, Spartacus, suek, SADIE and half a dozen other fine minds here would make mincemeat—or pork chops, or amuse bouches—out of the guy. There would be much mirth and some great belches!

shirleyelizabeth nailed it: The insulter didn’t realize you were delving into an explanation for McQueary’s behavior, not Sandusky’s.   (Of *course* there were child molesters in frontier America, you blithering idiot!)   I went back and re-read your post, Book, to see if there was any possible way he could have drawn that invalid theme… nope.  You made it explicitly clear up front.

It *was* fun to see him keep referring to you as “he”.  How embarrassing for him, to have been so careless on both the theme and your gender!

Book: “He sneers, but he never manages to rise to the level of thesis, fact and argument.”

That description would fit almost every liberal blogger or commentator in America.

7. Michael Adams says

Yeah, the guy read so cursorily that he failed to notice that you are a woman, as well as that the entire thrust of the post was the failure to report, and went into typical Lefty histrionics. There’s a serious kind of arrogance that jumps to conclusions like that, (“I know so well what you are trying to say that I have no need to listen to you actually saying it.”)and  the demonstration of it goes a long way toward explaining why I do not want them in control of my country, much less, every facet of my life.

8. jj says

I only wish there really was a conservative/republican “central committee,” it would save so much time, BS, and generalized angst.  We should only be so together.  As Kurt Vonnegut once remarked: “if there are angels, I hope they’re organized along the lines of the Mafia.”  (Though at the same time you have to keep Ben Kingsley’s comment from Sneakers in mind: “organized crime?  Believe me, it’s not that organized.”)

The point is, the left has this ongoing fantasy about the right as monolith, a flock of birds or school of fish that react and move as one.  We all know – to our cost – it ain’t so.  The left does that – they’d elect Heinrich Himmler if he had a “d” after his name – but we don’t.  So you know this guy’s a fantasist, and you know he’s not J.R.R. Tolkien, so have a laugh and ignore it.

You’re kind of short for a guy, though…

What is so cute about these Lefty sophisticate wannabees is how they respond to conservative arguments with a “I am so smart that even I can’t connect the dots that these conservatives manage to connect”.

What they are really saying is, “I am a moron but my mother told me that I am really smart. So, there!”.

No, no, what’s really cute is Milk, the black and white kitten running around the backyard. M here is the bravest kitten of the litter. Always the first one out of the hole to scout, after hearing a loud noise that could be a threat sending the entire mother and 3 kittens into the underground lair. M is also the first one up, by 2 minutes, to look around after M retreats. And M is the only one that doesn’t run away when catching sight of me, unless I get within 4 meters.

Milk is brave. The Left is without spines.

11. Zhombre says

I clicked on the link and waded through that idiotic rant and the comments thereto but it was a useless endeavor.  These snarky lefty blogs and its commentary read like a coven of the autistic.

12. Gringo says

shirleyelizabeth pointed out in #4 that the Esteemed Blogger had misread Book’s post. In wading through most of the comments at the link, I did not find one that pointed out the Esteemed Blogger had misread Book’s post.  ‘Tis more fun to snark than to read carefully. One more reason why  the “Brain-dead Lib” stereotype has a strong basis in reality.