Let’s see if I’ve got this right, based upon the evidence currently available:
- Obama is a grandiose narcissist
- Newt is an egomaniac
- Hillary is a compulsive liar
- Mitt seems vaguely asperger-ish, with a weather vane in place of his spine
- Herman is a serial womanizer (assuming, for the sake of argument, that the claims against him are true)
- Rick is manic (so can depressive be far behind)
- Michelle is an abused wife (or is she married to an abused husband? I forget)
And on the list goes. Giving personality disorder labels to presidential candidates is like shooting fish in a barrel — it’s just too easy. But think about it: What person in his (or her) right mind would want to run for president or be president in the early years of the 21st century. Not only is there the burden of governing a superpower in an explosive world, but our manic media ensures that, if you’re a Republican candidate, you’ll be subject to routine, public colonoscopies, while if you’re a Democratic candidate, you receive the kind of fawning sycophancy that created the same delusions of grandeur that drove many European monarchs mad.
Any job description for the job of president in 2012 should end with the words “only megalomaniacs need apply.” No sane person would want the job, including a sane patriot, and that fact may go a long to explaining why our candidates are so deeply flawed.
In honor of this realization, I’d like to propose a new presidential song, which is much more apt and meaningful than “Hail to the Chief”:
(Or see here.)Email This Post To A Friend
3 Responses to “Only megalomanics need apply”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.