Obama’s promised “flexibility” with Russia

Leave it to Charles Krauthammer to explain in nice, clear language precisely why Obama’s open mic statements justify voters booting him out of office without regard to any other issues.

Incidentally, Peggy Noonan has been taking heat for writing an article expressing surprise that Obama isn’t trustworthy.  I am now not a Peggy Noonan fan.  I’ve long thought she’s overrated both as a writer and as a thinker (where she often comes across as a RINO).  However, I’m inclined to cut her some slack here, because I wonder if she isn’t taking a page out of Jim Geraghty’s book.  It was Geraghty, after all, who suggested (somewhere that I can’t find now) that, while people are slow to change their minds if that means they have to admit that the were wrong in the first place, they’ll be remarkably quick to turn on someone if they think they’ve been conned.  That means that the best way to convince overly optimistic RINO’s and lukewarm Dems that they should vote against Obama in November, after having voted for Obama in 2008, is to sympathize with the fact that someone lied to them, rather than to castigate them for being fools.

UPDATE:  Thanks to Ymarsakar for catching my typo.  I’m definitely not a Peggy Noonan fan, and I apologize for misleading people into thinking the opposite.

Comments

And Obama’s flexibiity with Iran?

(ABC News) – Two reports today about Iran’s nuclear program and the possibility of an Israeli military strike have analysts in Israel accusing the Obama administration leaking information to pressure Israel not to bomb Iran and for Iran to reach a compromise in upcoming nuclear talks.
    The first report in Foreign Policy quotes anonymous American officials saying that Israel has been given access to airbases by Iran’s northern neighbor Azerbaijan from which Israel could launch air strikes or at least drones and search and rescue aircraft.
    The second report from Bloomberg, based on a leaked congressional report, said that Iran’s nuclear facilities are so dispersed that it is “unclear what the ultimate effect of a strike would be…” A strike could delay Iran as little as six months, a former official told the researchers.
    “It seems like a big campaign to prevent Israel from attacking,” analyst Yoel Guzansky at the Institute for National Security Studies told ABC News. “I think the [Obama] administration is really worried Jerusalem will attack and attack soon. They’re trying hard to prevent it in so many ways.”
    The Foreign Policy report by Mark Perry quotes an intelligence officer saying, “We’re watching what Iran does closely…But we’re now watching what Israel is doing in Azerbaijan. And we’re not happy about it.”
    If true, the deal with Azerbaijan “totally changes the whole picture,” says Guzansky, making it far easier for Israel to strike faster and harder, rather than having to fly 2,200 miles to Iran and back over Iraqi airspace.

Peggy Noonan is seen like most traitors. useful if they give your side advantages, but better to get rid of them because how you can trust someone who’d betray their own like that? And that goes double for the side she betrayed. Why would that side accept her back as a double side switcher? Double down on nothing? People going to wait to see if she switches sides again when it pleases her?

Yeah right. We’re fighting an existential war here for the soul of America. Giving time to traitors is not in the budget item list

3. Ron19 says

Lovable, huggable Peggy Noonan comes across at times as a RINO because she is a RINO.  She would like nothing more in this life than to help Hillary Clinton become President of the United States.

I think it was her book The Case Against Hillary Clinton (pub. 2000) there was a chapter at or near the end in which she fantasized about peeking in on a meeting of important wealthy libs launching a presidential campaign for Hillary.  If only she would take a few pieces of advice from Noonan, she would win the Presidency.  Peggy Noonan was as close to in love with Hillary as many leftists are in love with the man she lost to in the 2008 primary.

If you’re a fan of who Peggy Noonan is, that’s fine.  But beware of what she is.

I put Peggy Noonan in the same class as Kathleen Parker – society RINOs ever-so-careful about how “intelligent” they appear to their social peers. When it comes down to it, both seem to be devoid of bedrock principle. Come to think of it, they’re a lot like Adrianna Huffington.

I’m not impressed.

5. Alix says

I like Peggy Noonan!  I was disappointed when she praised Obama in 2008 but nobody’s perfect.  I love her columns because they are so personal and so different than all other pundit types.  And she is intelligent, but no snob.

That’s a completely valid reason to like her, Alix.  I appreciate that she’s an elegant writer (I really appreciate that), but I very seldom find myself agreeing with her world view.  I guess that’s why, even when she makes valid points, I’m not tracking her.  And I don’t know if I can forgive her East Coast Elite bow down before Obama.  She really should have known better.  I mean, didn’t she work with Reagan?  Her standards ought to be higher than everyone else’s.

Words are worth nothing. Deeds are what counts. “Men” used to know that. Until… they stopped being “men”.

Teach the boys to hate lies, ride horses, and shoot straight. Which one of these do you think people forgot?

Noonan worked with reagan because she has always been looking for a leader. Someone to tell her what to do, what to think, and when to think it. In the presence of charisma and power people like her bow to it and will not hesitate for a moment to support your death.

I think Ymarsakar’s right about Noonan—she’s a weak sister who’s always been looking for the man on a horse.

This may be a defect in me, but I simply cannot imagine how a supposedly brilliant woman like her could have been taken in in any way by Obama. How much of an empty suit must you yourself be to fall so stupidly for an empty suit like him?

Martel, people can be made to believe in anything, so long as they want it to be true or fear it is true.

How do you think con artists work? They give you a secret deal that you “want to be true”. And even if 99% of humans reject it, the 1% “suckers” born every day, will be enough to make the con artists rich.

For example, if I walk in and I call someone by name, but they don’t know me, then I tell them someone is stealing their car or their car is on fire, do you think that guy is just going to sit there and say “I don’t believe it, prove it to me”? No, mostly they’ll run out the door to check for themselves, because they are AFRAID it is true. Then I’ll shoot them in the back because I was contracted to get this guy with a specific name.