Are Jews finally figuring out that Obama isn’t Moses, he’s Pharaoh?

The handwriting was on the wall in 2008 but Jews, despite having eyes, could not see it:  Obama is not now and never was a friend to Israel.  His social and political allegiances meant that any protestations of friendship were lies.  And certainly his acts during more than three years in the White House have been aggressively hostile to the Jewish state, whether he’s been showing personal antipathy to Netanyahu, political antipathy to the Jewish state itself, or bizarre outpourings of love for the Jewish state’s genocidal enemies.

Perhaps too late, or perhaps just in time, some Jews seem to be catching on that Obama isn’t Moses, he’s Pharaoh:

If senior journalist David Goldman is right, the correct word for describing the way a growing number of US Jews feel about President Barack Obama is not ‘anger’ but ‘rage’ – white-hot rage, at that, and a conviction that they have been swindled.

Goldman, Senior Editor of First Things magazine and ‘Spengler’ columnist for Asia Times Online, spoke last week at a convention on intellectuals and terror at Ariel University in Samaria. In his lecture, he quoted a top Jewish campaign donor who used the word ‘sociopath’ to describe Obama. In an interview with Israel National News, he predicted a possibly dramatic ‘train wreck’ for the Democrats in the November mid-term elections, with Jewish fundraising for Democrats drying up and a possibly high turnout of anti-Obama evangelical Christians.

Read the interview with David Goldman here.

Comments

The good thing about a totalitarian democracy is that people can feel whatever they want to, as the mob, but the authoritarian laws in existence is what determines their behavior. It doesn’t really matter what they feel. Dead people don’t need to feel to vote, even if assuming everyone voted the way they felt and not the way they were told to by people they were afraid of.

2. Zhombre says

I’ve been reading Goldman for a long time now, before I knew Spengler was Goldman.  Hope to God he’s right and that in November this trash is sent back to Chicago.  Moses he ain’t.  Not even much of a pharoah, imho.  He reminds me of a lightweight Hollywood actor, vain and supercilious, playing pharoah in a second rate direct to video movie.

Did I read that article wrong, or was it referring to the 2010 mid-term elections?

Sure, a lot of water has passed under the bridge since then, but my impression is that Jewish support for Obama, based on my limited dealings with my neighbors and the invincible ignorance (thank you for the phrase, Martel), is as strong as ever.

In addition, they may turn away from Obama but the Democrats and their lap-dog media sycophants have been superb at ginning up Two Minute Hates against the Republicans and conservatives as a way of deflecting attention away from Obama’s foreign-policy abominations in the Middle East.

I suspect that many Jewish Democrats will return to Obama in the manner a beaten woman returns again and again to her abuser in the hope that, this time, it will be different. Of course, I hope again and again that I will be wrong on this.

We ought to admit, Obama has a glib way of speaking that has almost half the country nodding along with him in blind unison.  It’s eerie, almost a Pied Piper Of Hamlin phenomenon.  It goes like this:

Two weeks ago, Obama said, “Let me be perfectly clear: The moon is made of blue cheese.”

And as the days pass, half the country nods in unison, parroting him, “Obama said the moon is made of blue cheese.  It must be true.”

Then yesterday, he says, “Let me be perfectly clear: The moon is made of green cheese.”

So you are walking down the street past one of these blinded Obama supporters, and you smile and say, “Good morning.”

Him: “Good morning.  Did you know the moon is made of green cheese?  Obama said so yesterday.”

You, nonplussed: “Wait a moment.  I thought he said the moon is made of blue cheese.”

Him: “No, no.  He was on CNN yesterday, and he said, the moon is made of green cheese.”

You: “But I am positive.  Two weeks ago, he said the moon is made of blue cheese.  You were just telling me that last week, that he said that!”

Him: “No, you’ve got it wrong.  He just said yesterday, the moon is made of green cheese.”

You: “Don’t the deceptions, deceit and lies BOTHER you at all?  He says anything and you believe it.  Two weeks ago, he clearly, absolutely said, the moon is made of blue cheese.”

Him: “I just don’t know what you’re talking about.  Obama told us yesterday that the moon is made of green cheese, so that must be true.  You’re just being unfair.”

And on it goes… Danny and Charles, I *do* like that phrase “invincible ignorance”!  It explains a lot.

5. Spartacus says

Ace of Spades had a nice little quote a few months ago that I believe is helpful here:
    “You cannot reason a man out of an opinion he was never reasoned into in the first place.”

6. jj says

Makes you wonder what you’re surrounded by, Danny. God knows, I am no admirer of the average intelligence, or demonstrated ability to connect two thoughts – or maybe have two thoughts –  of the average American, but really. It’s discouraging.  I saw through Obama five seconds after he arrived on the scene, and it astounds me everybody else didn’t.  The man’s head is made of glass.  He’s not tricky; he’s not difficult to figure out; and he isn’t very good at covering his track, either.  (Is, in fact, taken for all in all, a shitty politician.)  The only way to be fooled by him is to willingly lie down for it.

Bookworm thinks it’s great that American Jewry is finally waking up.  I think to myself: “what the hell do you have between your ears that you ever bought into it for the first three seconds in the first place?”  She sees cause to be encouraged.  Okay, I suppose “too late” is marginally better than “never,” but it’s hardly encouraging.  I see no reason not to be wildly depressed, that a twink like this could fool anybody to begin with.  I see no particular reason to conclude he can’t do it again.

7. Gringo says

jj
    The only way to be fooled by him is to willingly lie down for it.

Well, yes. That’s where the term Yellow Dog Democrat came from. While Yellow Dog Democrat is an ironic term to apply to Democrats these days, given whom it was  originally used to describe compared to whom it describes today,  it is still an accurate term. A substantial proportion of Democrats today WOULD vote for a yellow dog if it were running as a Democrat.

Most people do not change their political points of view , or their political allegiances, overnight. It took me 20 years to change from Yellow Dog Democrat to  A Plague on Both Their Houses to Yellow Dog Republican. If some Jewish voters can change in four years’ time, all the more credit to them.

While the LSM is carrying water for NObama, alternative media is striking back fast. It didn’t take long for NBC to get called on its deceitful editing of the Zimmerman phone call. That is a good sign.

We need to stop being silent in social situations; we should speak up. We don’t need to go on and on and on; just state proudly, strongly and with certainty on whatever Obama-flavored issue is being discussed that we disagree, maybe state a few reasons, and let it go.   Silence DOES equal approval, and they’re counting on us to remain polite and silent.  Rock the boat, just a little.  There will be one or two (or more?) people around who you will influence.

I’ve begun speaking up.  The liberals are usually non-plussed, that someone would DARE – in a social situation! – actually disagree with them!  How rude!  ;-)

It’s time to stop being so fricking nice.  THEY are not being nice.

Perhaps EVERY time you speak up, end it with, “and of course the media is covering up for Obama.  They’re in the bag for his reelection. You’ll never hear the truth from them. You’re being deceived.”

Every time.

Him: “No, no. He was on CNN yesterday, and he said, the moon is made of green cheese.” You: “But I am positive.
    Two weeks ago, he said the moon is made of blue cheese. You were just telling me that last week, that he said that!”

Oceania is at war with East Asia. Oceania has always been at war with East Asia.

Oceania is at war with Eurasia. Oceania has always been at war with Eurasia.

Barry Rubin has a terrific post at PJMedia on why most Liberals are Liberals only because its fashionable to be Liberal and they are fashion whores (did I summarize that correctly, Barry?).

I guess the perfect riposte to a Liberal would be… “You prefer fashion, we prefer reason”.

JJ…you don’t know how right you are. Hitler was a utopian socialist promoter of “social justice”. Unfortunately, he made the Jews the object of Orwell’s Two-Minute Hate.

Nonetheless, it is estimated that close to 100,000 Jews supported him during the 1930s. I guess that they believed (wrongly, to their dismay) that their commitment to “fashion” would save them.

I suspect that it will be the same kind of dismay that many Jews on the Left will feel if and when Israel is on the receiving end of an Iranian nuke. But, perhaps, I’m giving Jewish Lefties too much credit here: they’ll probably blame Netanyahu and Bush.

Danny, your comments explain why David Brooks is – still! still! – a Barack Obama supporter. He’s a fashionista. With no real principles and no spine.

From the context, the article was written before the 2010 midterms.

I don’t see that his prediction has been borne out…..not much, anyhow.

Not a good thing, but there you are.

Earl says,
    > I don’t see that his prediction has been borne out…..not much, anyhow.
    > Not a good thing, but there you are.

Yes, the Jewish white-hot rage, if it did exist during the summer before the 2010 elections, has dissipated. Goldman noted at the time the election predictions of Dick Morris. Morris was prediciting – then – GOP control of the Senate. Missteps and a few weak candidates prevented that from happening, but the gains were significant.  Rarely has a midterm election shift indicated such widespread opposition to the party in power (Democrat).

But yes, Morris was wrong.  He’s now predicting that Obama is going to lose 2012 in a rout.  Take your predictions with a grain of salt!

I see more reasons than I can count why Obama should lose in a rout.  History will judge this president as one of the very worst in our history, if not THE worst.

But I see many reasons why he *could* win.  Mostly the reasons are nefarious and deceitful; also the public just doesn’t seem to be paying attention to facts, and the media is deliberately distorting those facts.   I’m not counting my chickens before they hatch.

David Brooks wouldn’t even be on a list of VIps to be executed come the True Revolution. He’s that useless.

There might not be an “America” to write history about once this is all done and over with. A history written by Islamic conquerors and Progressives probably “won’t” speak badly about P. Obama.