A one minute Fast and Furious primer

What do you think of this ad?

I think it’s a very pithy summary of what Fast and Furious is all about. It should get wide play.

It looks very much as if Obama has the political personality of Richard Nixon and the political acumen of Jimmy Carter. Wow. (And that’s not a good wow.)

Comments

1. Old Buckeye says

Good one! It sums things up nicely. I have a core group of people to whom I e-mail things like this because I know they will disseminate it exponentially.

The one weakness that I see with this ad is that it does not address the “why” of Operation Fast & Furious.

When I bring this up with Liberal/Lefties, the first response is, “It makes no sense: why would they do that?”. Absent a plausible answer, it is too easy to dismiss as political name calling.

I think for this ad to be plausible, it needs to at least provide an idea of what the motive may be or, alternately, accuse the Justice Department of failing to reveal the motive for these very real actions.

The ad lacks punctuation – it’s flat and monotone. I don’t know who’s the target audience. If it’s us, we already know the facts, but if’s geared to the “others” it’s white noise. I’d hate to see the Romney campaign lower themselves to back up music (“we’ve got your back”) or an ad with a “Grand Theft Auto” video theme BUT… if the message is to reach the sleepers, independents, moderates (if they exist on the LEFT) they have to step it up.

If I was creating the ad, I’d have Holder with an AK-47 slung over his shoulder, Obama with a bubble over his head – “I’ve got your back” and photos of Brian Terrry’s grave stone and all the dead Mexicans circling the two of them.

4. Old Buckeye says

Oh Sadie, that would be priceless!!!  I hadn’t considered that the “why” wasn’t mentioned, Danny, as I was viewing it through the lens of already knowing why. It’s a start, though, and might indicate that the Romney team isn’t going to be afraid to play full-contact.

Richard Nixon’s personality was never what the Left painted him as. But since you grew up in that environment, Book, most of what you know about Nixon has been colored by such connections.

The why is very simple. Eric Holder needed an excuse to crack down on right wing militias and gun owners in the US, so since he wasn’t provided one (NRA gun owners are very safe), he created one for his own purposes. That or there’s some kind of connection between Eric Holder and the drug gangs in Mexico ,forming an informal alliance. But the latter option is far less likely than the former option.