Is the Obama campaign going to “announce” victory to depress the vote?

If true, this is a very effective (and completely immoral) tactic:

New York Times best-selling author Brad Thor, based in Chicago, tells TheBlaze that the Obama campaign may be planning to preemptively announce victory in the presidential election based on early voting numbers in an attempt to “demoralize Mitt Romney supporters.”

Citing a “very solid source” in Chicago, Thor says the Obama campaign is looking to make it appear to voters that they have “this thing sewed up and are less than 24 hours to victory,” according to his source.

Meanwhile, team Obama will also urge voters to get out and vote so they can say they were part of the important 2012 election that resulted in a second term for Obama.

No matter what you hear in the news, VOTE.  In an election that has the possibility to be very close, every vote counts.  Do not let the other side play mind games with you.

Comments

Today, is not only the day before the election, but three years to the date that Nidal Hassan murdered 13, wounded 29 at Ft. Hood.

No justice for three years, Nobama 2012. VOTE!

Though I am optimistic, I can’t make a prediction about tomorrow’s results.  My optimism is based on gut instinct and the sense that there appears to be *more* truth to the conservative analysis of the polling than the liberal analysis.  But honestly, I really cannot tell.  I am optimistic!  But at times I find myself holding my breath.

Twenty four more hours.  Then the returns start pouring in.  It will be interesting, and I hope, happy and fun for us all, for us to read each others commentary as tomorrow evening unfolds.

I will go out on a limb with one prediction:  The State-level results – Governor, legislatures, on down – will be (even?) more conservative than the national ones for President and Congress.

Anybody who would be stupid enough to be an pre-emptive declaration of victory by the Obamaites isn’t exactly somebody we could have counted on anyway.

What the Obama campaign would show if it were to do this would be its already well known deep contempt for American voters.

It would also show the basic aridity of the leftist mindset, which still believes that its whore media lackeys can still deliver the slackjawed. That game may still work in great swaths of the barrios, ghettos, and university campuses, but the conscious world got the notice long ago: Whatever you hear from the media on election day before the polls close is a lie.

4. Ron19 says

I know why some groups would want early voting results counted and reported before polls close (or open!) in Alaska, Hawaii, and the Pacific Islands, but I don’t understand why the governments permit it.

It’s like your local precinct counting the votes every hour and writing the results on a whiteboard behind the sign-in tables for later voters to see and use to decide whether or not to vote at all.

Same for live exit polling.

Compared to what? Everything we’ve heard has been either a lie or misdirection.

JoAnna, it’s not just Yahoo “blue”. Compared to 2008 Dem early voting decreased by 25%. Take it with a grain of salt or better yet, take it with a glass of wine.