Florida assures its citizens that they can all be murderous thugs

Putting aside all the racist rhetoric flying around from the Left, the uncontroverted evidence coming out of the Zimmerman trial proved that (a) a hooded figure was sitting on top of another man brutally beating him and (b) the man being tried for murder showed all the signs of someone who was on the receive end of a severe beating, from the broken nose to the bleeding back of his head.  Putting aside the racist rhetoric from the Left, the incontrovertible facts that the court refused to admit (incontrovertible because they came from the dead man’s own phone), showed that the dead man was a drug user and fighter who was fascinated by guns and violence.

Now, Florida’s state capitol has announced that you (and you and you and you and you!) are Trayvon!  This assault on American (and Floridan) integrity and decency takes the form of a painting unveiled at the state captiol, purporting to show a hooded figure being shot in the back of the head (which avoids the fact that Trayvon wasn’t running away but was, in fact, intensifying his full front assault) by a man who looks like a cross between George Zimmerman and Stalin.  However, instead of seeing Trayvon’s face in the hoodie, it’s a mirror.  (This ham-handed propaganda device somehow made me think of “Soylent Green” — you know, the bit where he says “It’s people!”):

Florida engages in race baiting

In other words, says the State of Florida, we’re all drug addled thugs who try to beat people to death.  Even worse, if you look at the wall sign behind the painting, it says that we’re looking at the Florida Civil Rights Hall of Fame.

If you’d like to let the State of Florida know that you find this fact-free, racist at of political propaganda offensive, you can contact the capitol building at the building’s website.  As always, remember that a polite, firmly worded message is effective.  Obscenities, personal attacks, and threats only make you look bad and strengthen the other side’s sense of self-righteousness.

Comments

1. erisguy says

After the decades of vile hatred and pernicious lies (Twana to Trayvon), no longer will I have sympathy for the ‘black community*.’

I wish my ‘community*’ had the communal solidarity that other communities have. Maybe someday my community will look our for its own interests.

* In the past a worth other than ‘community’ would have been used, but it means the same thing. Nowadays Muslims are race, because to oppose Islam is ‘racism,’ while skin color is a ‘community,’ whose enemies are no doubt communitists.

It has always outraged me that bacteria are said to live in colonies—a humiliating word that smacks of white conqueror privilege—when the more appropriate word is “community.”

“Mr. Martel? That infection that’s eaten away your lower right leg? It’s from a community of especially robust and self-empowered bacteria.”

3. JKB says

Why is the Florida state government seeking to promote the image of Latinos as violent gang bangers?  And that a person of Hispanic descent killed Martin Luther King?

Florida actually has the best overall protections for gun self defense. Better than Georgia even.

Zimmerman would have been easier to hound to hell in any other state than Florida. But the left doesn’t give up, so they thought they might as well hammer the strong hold of gun defense laws.

Whether people like it or not we are not all Trayvon. Some of us are George Zimmermans.  Some of us are the people in that apartment complex who have to fear crime due to no fault of their own.
    I am waiting for a painting and mirror from leftists helping people realize what it may be like to be people of all races who have to quietly deal with social breakdown and the political hacks and gang members who take advantage of it.  Not likely to happen.

raymondjelli says: Whether people like it or not we are not all Trayvon.

Well, I have a hoodie or two in my closet, and as soon as the weather really cools down I’ll wear one of em every so often.  So as far as I’m concerned, I am Trayvon Martin!

And just like Obama, if I had a son, which I don’t, just like Obama, he could have been Trayvon Martin, too.

Since I think I’d be a very poor disciplinarian if I ever were to be a parent, I’m pretty sure my son would have ended up acting like Trayvon Martin.