Comments

Has this voter id program eliminated Mexican voting fraud?  I haven’t paid any attention to Mexico elections in, say, ten years.  Mexico before then was always known for *massive* voting fraud.

CAn anyone tell me how this voter id program in Mexico has done, as far as eliminating or reducing voting fraud?

2. Spartacus says

There’s no such thing as vote fraud.  Colin Powell said so.  And if you can’t trust a self-proclaimed Republican who votes like a party-line Democrat, then really, whom can you trust?

How come we can’t upgrade to the Mexican standard without being racist? Because Mexicans have minority status (Mexicans have brown skin, so it doesn’t matter where they are) and only white people, ie, Americans, can be racists.

Well, you are onto something: I say we adopt the same border control policies that Mexico uses on its southern border with Guatemala. http://www.cis.org/MexicoSouthernBorder-Policy

Democratic Party racists, including the black buffoons in its upper stories, think of Mexicans in terms of raw stereotypes: They are short, husky, dark brown indios. All of them, from Sonora to Quintana Roo, are a bunch of ignorant untermenschen who need our loving condescension (in exchange for their ignoramus votes).

The truth is that Mexicans in their own way are as varied as Americans. While the majority of them are mestizos, an Indian-European hybrid, there is an extensive overlay of—dare I say it?—White Hispanic Europeans descended from the Spanish conquerors, not to mention Germans and Chinese. A minority are pure Indians, who are held in as low an esteem as white men are in elite U.S. universities. Many of those Indians do not speak Spanish as their first tongue.

When I locked horns in a younger day with militant La Raza types, I used to drive them nuts by asking why they were so eager to recreate “Aztlan,” the legendary Aztec homeland, and yank the Southwest U.S. back to the days when the country’s ruling class ate human flesh. Oh, my, it’s a good thing I always had an escape route planned.

6. Gringo says

Danny Lemieux

I have traveled by bus from Guatemala to Mexico- walk across the border and change buses. Within 20 miles of the Guatemalan border, Mexican Migra comes on buses to do ID check. Mexican Migra doesn’t care about gringos-they wave at gringos. Mexican Migra is looking for indocumentados from Central America. It is not unusual to have Mexican Migra haul away several indocumentados  at a bus inspection.

The lib take on Mexican nationalism is that nationalism is a good thing for Mexico because Mexican nationalism is sometimes a thumb in the nose at the US. But nationalism in the US- BAD, BAD, BAD.

The ID brouhaha  reminds me of a flash from the past, where Attorney General Holder spoke at an NAACP event in Houston against TX requiring a photo ID to vote. In order to get into the event, reporters had to show ID.

Eric Holder to NAACP: ‘I Will Not Allow the Texas Voter ID Law to Happen’
    Earlier today, Attorney General Eric Holder addressed the NAACP Nation Convention at the George R. Brown Convention Center in Houston, Texas. What did media need in order to attend? That’s right, government issued photo identification (and a second form of identification too!), something both Holder and the NAACP stand firmly against when it comes to voting. Holder’s DOJ is currently suing Texas for “discriminatory” voter ID laws.

And libs wonder why wingnuts have contempt for the current Administration.