Comments

1. jj says

These aren’t the best and brightest, these are a bunch of children who live their entire lives on someone else’s nickel.  They haven’t begun to be enlightened yet. The process won’t start until they’ve been on their own for a few years, attempting (and ‘attempting’ is about all they sound up to) to handle something for themselves.

I had a dream last night that Koch brother-enabled mad scientists created a handicapped black-Hispanic Jewish-turned-Muslim lesbian tranny from parts left around after a Democratic fundraiser. Even though it was a dream, when I woke up, I realized that we could do it: We have the money! We have the technology! We have the ability to film her in slo-mo smashing through GOP barricades! We can win the college vote!

3. Caped Crusader says

It was unheard of for students of my era (40′s, 50′s, and 60′s) to be so frivolous, stupid, and totally disengaged from reality as young adults are today. I think that the certainty of the draft, and likelihood you would soon be entering the real world via the military, with the possibility of your life ending in your early twenties caused students to be cognizant of world events and policy, and their effects on their personal lives and future. I doubt that 1% of today’s students personally know anyone their age group who has already lost their life in the military. I knew five by the time I was a college senior, and had been a pallbearer for two. This will improve your interest in what the hell is REALLY going on, and who is most likely to screw up the real world and therefore your future life. If these are the cream of the crop this country is doomed.

Baka ne. Although it’s a competition between who looks smarter, them or the Californian Marin close gates.

“caused students to be cognizant of world events and policy,”

Which is why they were marching in anti war protests, because they didn’t want to get drafted. When a Republican, Nixon, ended the draft and Vietnam, they went back into the cave until the pinkos called them up again for Iraq. Now they’re keeping their heads down on Afghanistan.

5. Ron19 says

As we used to say, if you can’t dazzle them with brilliance then baffle them with bulls**t.

or

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

and many other relevant sayings.

To give credit to the gremlins and trolls that infest the campus but are smarter than average:

The ones who refused to give an interview or be recorded on camera, were smart, smooth, and knowledgeable about how totalitarianism really works. The ones that agreed to appear in front of the camera were… baka.

I am sensitive to voice modulation and it’s probably why I never liked Mickey and Minnie mouse. I had the same response to these kids with a side of nails scratching over chalkboard. Are schools offering elocution lessons in “staccato-speak-think”? The jerky speech pattern mirrors the knee-jerky thinking.  Call in the Pied Piper, the town is infested.

• says

The sequence is necessary for the thought control programs to regulate and wipe out unnecessary thoughts (bad thoughts). Like a hard disc that skips around and makes noise when stuff is going on, a lot more is going on under the hood then it seems.