My sincere apologies for not writing more today, but I simply didn’t feel up to it. I have developed an inconsequential anemia, but my doctor is nevertheless checking me out to assure me and herself that the cause is as inconsequential as the syndrome. To that end, I reported to radiology for a CT scan today.
Getting ready for the scan entailed spending an hour drinking about 40 ounces of contrast fluid, which is like somewhat mint-flavored, somewhat liquid, really nasty chalk. Then, during the scan, the tech injected another contrast medium directly into my veins. I discovered today that gloop, whether taken orally or intravenously, does not agree with me. Only now, six hours later, am I starting to feel functional again. I’d say “Yay, I can blog now” but, in fact, I need to make dinner, pick one of my kids up, and participate in a family meeting to help acclimate our guest.
What this means is that, if I’m able to sit down at my computer for any amount of time over the course of the next two hours, I won’t write but, instead, will read and vote upon my favorite Watcher’s Council submissions for the week:
- The Independent Sentinel – Obama’s Speak-O on Status of Forces Agreement in Iraq
- The Noisy Room – ISIS Sweeps The Middle East In A Method Reminiscent of Genghis Khan
- Simply Jews – Is the market price of Hudna going down?
- Joshuapundit–Obama: “What’s Happening In Iraq Isn’t My Fault !”
- VA Right! – Alinsky’s Rules for Radicals 101
- The Right Planet – ISIS Was Too Brutal for Osama Bin Laden, Letter Reveals?
- The Colossus of Rhodey – Feminists invade comic book conventions
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Kurdistan
- The Glittering Eye –At War With ISIS
- The Razor – Bandaging a Finger in New Jersey Shows Rot at Heart of US Healthcare
- Nice Deb – A Weak Horse Will Not Defeat ISIS
- Rhymes With Right – Dictator-In-Chief Plans To Impose Taxes Without Congressional Approval
- Bookworm Room – The Morality Of of Israel’s killing Palestinian civilians
- Ask Marion – Robin Williams… Humble Hero and Comic Virtuoso Dead at 63
- MidKnight Review – Obama as the leader of a free and Utopian World is an experiment that has run its course.
- The Political Commentator – Have the kidnapped Nigerian schoolgirls been turned into suicide bombers?
- The Pirate’s Cove – New Warmist Excuse: Warming Happens In Fits And Starts
- The Mellow Jihadi – Radical Islam ignored through ignorance
- Charles Krauthammer –Krauthammer on Iraq: ‘Why in God’s name we don’t resupply our allies… is beyond me’ submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- Mark Steyn –You Want Nazis? submitted by The Noisy Room
- BBC Watch – BBC Breakfast’s Jenny Hill enables PSC antisemitism washing submitted by Simply Jews
- Sultan Knish – The UNRWA Is Hamas submitted by Joshuapundit
- Jihad Watch – Turkish poet: “Islam is worse than Nazism” submitted byThe Right Planet
- Weekly Standard – The GOP Can Attract Young Black Voters—And Already Has submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Elliot Abrams/Pressure Points – The Cease Fire That Broke Itselfsubmitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Matthew Barber/Syria Comment – Sinjar Was Only the Beginningsubmitted by The Glittering Eye
- Walter Russel Mead –Muslims Must Condemn ISIS Visibly and Loudlysubmitted by The Razor
- David Horowitz/NRO –Obama’s Treachery And Republican Silencesubmitted by Nice Deb
- Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion – Watch Hamas set up and fire rocket next to residential buildings (Update and 2nd Video) submitted by Rhymes with Right
- Alan Dershowitz/Israel And Stuff–Ex-President Sold To The Saudissubmitted by Bookworm Room
- Tony Lee/Breitbart –Exclusive: Sarah Palin Gives Conservative Response to Elizabeth Warren’s Progressive Commandments – submitted by Ask Marion
- The Federalist – President Rand Paul’s Foreign Policy submitted byThe Watcher
- Doug Ross – Next Phase of Middle East Conflict Will Make Gaza Look Like a Picnic submitted by The Watcher
- Von Mises Institute – The Dating Market: Anarchy in Action submitted by The Watcher