A very funny video about American blacks that highlights the horrible thing mainstream American culture has done to them

Happy face sad faceCaped Crusader sent me a video that simultaneously made me want to laugh and to cry.   Of course, it’s funny that the guys being questioned by the camera man cannot come up with the answer when the answer is embedded in in the question. It elicits the same slightly smug laughter that I always felt watching Jay Leno’s “Jaywalking.” “Boy, those yokels sure are dumb! Ha! Ha! Ha!”

Watching these guys, though, with the backdrop of Ferguson in my mind quickly killed my laughter, though, and simply depressed me. I got even more depressed when Tom Elia emailed this little tidbit: Ferguson, Missouri, which in 25 years has shifted from being a slightly white minority enclave of St. Louis to a primarily black majority community has as its second biggest revenue source the fines and penalties paid into its municipal court:

A report issued just last week by the nonprofit lawyer’s group ArchCity Defenders notes that in the court’s 36 three-hour sessions in 2013, it handled 12,108 cases and 24,532 warrants. That is an average of 1.5 cases and three warrants per Ferguson household. Fines and court fees for the year in this city of just 21,000 people totaled $2,635,400.

The Daily Beast cites the above data to show that it’s in the police’s best interests to have an adversarial relationship with residents in Ferguson, and that’s true. But it’s also a reminder that, since the Civil Rights movement effectively came to an end in 1964 when the Civil Rights Act federalized the movement, it’s become big business to keep blacks institutionally victimized.  Worse, it’s a business in which blacks are complicit.

Let me say here and now that there is absolutely nothing genetically inherent in blacks that leads them to their disproportionate representation amongst the ranks of the violent, the uneducated, and the fatherless. These are cultural traits, not hereditary ones. Moreover, contrary to multicultural mythology, cultural is not fixed. It can change.

The problem we face now is that, since the 1960s “Great Society,” the political and social culture in America, all of which hew Left, have consistently told blacks, “You don’t need to change. You’re perfect as you are. It’s we, the whites, who need to change.” In other words, blacks are the ultimate fulfillment of the self-esteem movement that started in California and picked up steam to infect the United States.

The self-esteem movement tells children that, no matter what, they’re wonderful. It sets no goals, offers no examples, makes no demands. It just says, “You’re wonderful.”

What sounds wonderful in theory proves to be disastrous in fact. Rather than creating a “wonderful” generation of self-confident, moral, self-disciplined, ambitious, strong young people, we’ve created a generation of self-satisfied yet insecure, morally weak, undisciplined parasites. Not all of them, of course, with those saved from the movement having either been home schooled or raised within a home environment that hewed to more traditional values.

Telling many of the latter type of homes are filled with people who, in Charles Murray’s words, don’t preach what they practice.  Within their homes, they drive their children to succeed; in the public forum, though, they dare not tell anyone, especially minorities, that the secret to success in America is to work hard at school, to work hard at work, and to stay on the right side of the law.

American blacks are the ne plus ultra of the self-esteem movement. All criticism of them is banned, including self-criticism. They cannot reform their self-destructive behaviors, because they have been programmed to be narcissistic: they are completely armored against their sins, so armored that they cannot even modify their behavior to blunt what they see as the consequences of inimical behavior from their “enemy” – with the enemy being all people and institutions that are not black and that, therefore, can be blamed for the desperate plight in which American blacks find themselves.

I wrote the above words on Friday, meaning to publish them on Friday and then, when that fell through, meaning to publish them on Saturday. Clearly, I missed both of my self-imposed deadlines. My first duty is to my family, and my family has been demanding. In a way, that’s a good thing, because I had the opportunity to add to my thoughts on this subject.

Tomorrow, the Watcher’s Council will publish a forum asking council members to predict whether a grand jury will indict Darren Wilson, the police officer who allegedly shot Michael Brown. I’m going to give you a preview of the answer I sent the Watcher, since it’s really a continuation of the thoughts I was developing here:

I hate to say this, but I think whether Officer Wilson is indicted depends on the jury’s racial composition. I can’t say what a majority white jury would do, because I don’t have the evidence before me. However, sadly, I have no doubt whatsoever that a majority black grand jury would issue an indictment for first degree murder.

This leads me to a different issue. Back in 1939, when Hattie McDaniel was the first black woman to win an Oscar for best supporting actress as Mammy in Gone With The Wind, she made a brief speech:

Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, fellow members of the motion picture industry and honored guests: This is one of the happiest moments of my life, and I want to thank each one of you who had a part in selecting me for one of their awards, for your kindness. It has made me feel very, very humble; and I shall always hold it as a beacon for anything that I may be able to do in the future. I sincerely hope I shall always be a credit to my race and to the motion picture industry. My heart is too full to tell you just how I feel, and may I say thank you and God bless you.

It later turned out that the studio wrote those words for McDaniel, especially the bit about her sincere “hope I shall always be a credit to my race,” a line that deeply humiliated her.

I can understand McDaniel’s humiliation about having any words put in her mouth, especially words that emphasized her race, but I’ve never found the notion of being a credit to ones race distasteful. Perhaps that’s because I’m Jewish, and we Jews, like the blacks, have always been the “other” race.

What one Jew does always has the potential to be a negative stereotype applied to all people. Thus, I found Bernie Madoff’s frauds disgusting, because they destroyed people’s livelihoods, but I also found them embarrassing because, as a Jew, I hate it when a fellow Jew feeds into a negative Jewish stereotype.

One of the things I find so incomprehensible about modern American blacks is that they do not impose standards on their fellow blacks. There is no expectation of a self-correcting mechanism. If you’re a black who does bad things, you’re not someone who brings shame on the black community. You are, instead, just another victim, along with the black teens you’ve killed, the Korean or Indian store owners you robbed and pistol whipped, and the whites you injured or murdered in a “knock out” game. The black community, rather than denouncing a drugged-out, weaponed-up, murderous black teen as a disgrace to the race is embraced and has his image printed on t-shirts.

Thinking about it, what I’ve just said isn’t a different issue at all. It explains why I’m certain that a majority- or all-black grand jury would indict the Ferguson police officer in the blink of an eye. As far as they’re concerned, blacks are always the victims no matter how degraded or violent their behavior. And if it’s always someone else’s fault, an indictment against whichever “someone else” happens to be available is a no-brainer. Racial pride, rather than bringing with it high standards, means no standards whatsoever.

I wrote the above words about violence, but they apply with equal weight to education — a concept that has me circling back to the video that opens this post.  America has never heeded Frederick Douglas’s words just to let the black man be:

Frederick Douglas Do Nothing With Us

Instead, having transported African-Americans to this shore, we’ve meddled relentlessly, not just with their persons, but with their culture.  What began as an enslavement of their bodies has continued as an enslavement of their souls.  They are as chained by this perverted “self esteem movement” as they ever were by whips and overseers.  Because they are relentlessly told that they can do no wrong, they are forever foreclosed from the insights and opportunities that would enable them to do things right.

I’ll leave you with Bill Whittle’s indignation about the realities of black life — both as victim and as criminal — about the political system that refuses to acknowledge this reality, and about the race mongers who, along with prisons and townships, profit mightily from a black culture willfully denied insights about itself so that it can change its culture for the better:

Fundamentally, it is not racist to tell African-Americans: “You are just like me. Your life will always be buffeted by forces beyond your control, but I believe that, like me, you came into the world with drive, intelligence, and the capacity to be a moral person. I agree that many of you live in desperately awful environments, but you have it within in you to rise above that and move beyond it. Study hard, work hard, obey the law, and don’t let cretins, whether in your community or in law enforcement or anywhere else, cause you to fall off the path of hard work and righteousness.”

It is racist, though, to tell blacks: “You’re black, so you’re helpless.”

Comments

1. jj says

Daniel Patrick Moynihan – liberal, but not stupid – and Richard Nixon – not liberal but also not stupid – tried. Moynihan, taking a page from Douglas, asserted the idea that the best thing to do for the black community was engage in what he termed “benign neglect.” He advanced this concept to Nixon, who agreed that it was a good idea. And the two of them caught an ongoing faceful of offal for it from the liberal side of the aisle, busy buying votes; and from the black leadership, busy feathering their own nests. Nixon and Moynihan were forced to give up, and we are where we are. Nothing changes, and as long as there are democrats like the governor of Missouri, who apparently got his law license at Filene’s Basement, (and will the ABA even mention to him that maybe he ought not to be calling for a “vigorous prosecution” before the grand jury has its first meeting?) and black “leadership” continues to feature such as Sharpton and Jackson, nothing will change.

• says

That is why a purge is necessary and mandatory, before any healing can begin. But people lack the guts and will to even talk about the issue these days.

2. sabawa says

We have a particularly odious black man in NC called Reverend Barber. He leads Moral Monday marches throughout the state protesting recent changes the Republican legislature and Republican governor have made since taking control of the state for the first time in a century. One of the moves they made was requiring photo ID at voting polls and ending same day voter registration. This is seen as oppressive and a move to limit black voting. I call Barber the racist here. Why is it more difficult for Blacks to register before election day and why, pray tell, is it more difficult for Blacks to get a photo ID? Is it because they have been sold a bill of b.s. that tells them they are ill-equipped to handle these onerous responsibilities. How offensive.

The only thing that changed in the hundred years between 1864 and 1964 is ownership. Since 1964 the black community (yes, I know not all) refuses to acknowledge that they are now self-enslaved by choice and by ballot.

• says

Sadie–Sadly true. Many in the “Black Community” refuse to listen to those who say otherwise, including Bill Cosby, Dr. Carson, Star Parker, Col. Allen West, Condoleeza Rice, Thomas Sowell, and others who are shouted down whenever they try to discuss this issue publicly.

4. JKB says

The DemProgs have been very successful in creating a caste for the African-Americans. They are being successful in extending the caste system to other “interest” groups. Each group is defined at birth by their membership in the group. They are afforded “privileges” of affirmative action, but are also unable to escape it.

To remain true to their caste, blacks are expected to not “act white”, not pursue education, to seek to use their caste membership to gain rail against those not in their caste.

It is pre-modern. In modernity, the individual, not the family, tribe or caste that is the unit of society. And while obviously informed by their family, tribe or caste, the individual in modernity is not defined by it. Yet, the “interest” groups are seeking to be defined by their membership rather than as individuals.

JKB, your comments reminded me ….

“You see, if you amount to anything in Washington these days, it is because you have been plucked or handpicked from an Ivy League school — Harvard, Yale, Kennedy School of Government — you’ve shown an aptitude to be a good Ivy League type, and so you’re plucked so-to-speak, and you are assigned success. You are assigned a certain role in government somewhere, and then your success is monitored and tracked, and you go where the pluckers and the handpickers can put you.”

Rush Limbaugh, February 7, 1995

Book, I must respectfully disagree with you concerning this. You wrote”

Among my defining characteristics is that I am gay. I am also: white, 52-years-old, overweight, and bald.

I am *not* responsible, in any way, for the actions of some other gay guy in, say, Seattle, Washington. Nor in Columbia, SC. Nor in my own city of Dallas, TX. Just because I am gay, I am to let others hold me responsible for their actions? Or hold myself responsible? How can that be possible? Or some white guy in Jackson, MI, simply because we are both white? Or some idiot in Costa Mesa, CA, just because we are both 52 years old? child molester in Cheyenne, WY, because he and I are both bald?

I won’t blame all blacks for the egregious behavior of some blacks. I won’t blame all the black of Ferguson for the egregious behavior of some blacks in Ferguson. That seems so wrong to me as to actually border on evil.

I do believe in neighborhood community values. But when someone in that community violates its values – say, your neighbor two houses down is convicted of child molestation – it is absolutely right for the community to reject that person, and shun that person. But you cannot, you must not, convict the entire community of person’s crime; you just cannot judge them all guilty. However, if they defend and protect the guilty and excuse the crime, that’s another story. Especially if they would condemn another for the same action. “He may be a scoundrel, but he’s OUR scoundrel,” is the way that thinking goes, and you see *that* far too often, especially in politics.

I couldn’t finish the video. I know it’s silly to feel embarrassed for strangers, but I felt embarrassed for the dimwits in this. I feel embarrassed for all the blacks who have been cheated—and cheated themselves—of the ability to think intelligently. In our PC society, we are discouraged from pointing out stupidity and self-defeating thinking, especially since so much of it seems to be at home among inner-city blacks.

That said, Mike Devx makes yet another of his good points. The left specializes in categorizing people by externals, and it would be good for us not to make the same mistake. Though an overwhelming majority of blacks support politicians who hate them and are happy to see them brought down and kept low, there are many among them who hate where they are and the culture they are forced to live in. There are blacks who are embarrassed by Obama, Waters, Holder, and Sharpton, and all the other Master’s house blacks who purport to have their interests at heart.

Right now only a trickle of blacks are making the hard slog off the DemoProg plantation. But trickles have a way of becoming streams, then torrents. It may turn out that the Oreo in the white House will, ironically, be the one most instrumental in making that happen.

8. Davidg1218 says

Go to youtube search for “80 mile per hour question”. You will find plenty of whites-especially women– who seem to be stumped by the question. I agree with what you have said but it is not just Blacks.

• Davidg1218 says

Not sure how you got that from my comment. More money has not helped education or poverty. People change when they benefit or suffer the consequences of their own actions and they accept the moral responsibility for taking care of themselves and their families. Schools are failing but not because of money. We keep rewarding bad behavior because we don’t have the guts to refuse to “help” people.. I happily share my property with those that will actually benefit from it, but I resent being fleeced by the government for ineffective action to improve education or reduce poverty.

I strongly agree with all Book has written and the video is sad but the entitlement state is not limited to Blacks

9. Caped Crusader says

More and more are beginning to get it. The guy in the red shirt had the right idea. It is a trick question! You must know the road conditions, construction delays, weather conditions, and a host of other factors to arrive at the correct answer.

Right?

10. Libby says

That was really sad.
    I can see where one might think the obvious answer isn’t right simply because the idea of traveling exactly 80 MPH from start to finish (no stop lights, no traffic, no school zones, etc.) is implausible. However, that doesn’t explain away the guy who just said “Six…?”

Html tags now seem to work.

The New Aristocracy are not interested in raising up “competition” in the lower or middle classes. They are interested in being Born to Rule, as PillowC told you. Being Born to Rule means having an automatic ticket in, and an automatic highly accomplished sense of self, like Chelsea Clinton.

It does NOT mean any two bit minority and unclean genetic base can get in the gates, Book. It does not mean that. So they will keep the secrets of “success” to the upper echelons, where it belongs, and the rest can work off of a debased and corrupted template, as intended.

The problem we face now is that, since the 1960s “Great Society,

Since 1860 if not before, Democrat society has believed that white leadership was necessary to lead the blacks, those who were Born to Toil in the FIelds. Racism and eugenics was the excuse they came up with Afterwards to justify the aristocratic way of life. An aristocracy needs slaves and serfs, dontchaknow.

They used the same justification to explain why women were needed in a specific gender role. And it was Democrats and Communists that exploited the work of First gen suffragists, never forget that.

This is the country Americans voted for. And it’s the country Americans deserve.

Exactly right. The slaves think they are free, when the shackles are stronger and more invisible than ever. This is America. Or rather, this is Obamaca, because there is no America any more.

I’ll leave you with Bill Whittle’s indignation about the realities of black life Eboth as victim and as criminal Eabout the political system that refuses to acknowledge this reality, and about the race mongers who, along with prisons and townships, profit mightily from a black culture willfully denied insights about itself so that it can change its culture for the better:

All kinds of people ignored my talk about the Leftist occupation of their Democrat fiefdom cities and how they tied into the Left’s power. But I’m noticing that people are connecting the dots, whether because of Ferguson’s police raction or the Zimmerman Florida incident. THey are starting to get it, although it’s way too late by now to do much about it. This is the End Game, while people are still learning how the knight moves and how castling works. Not enough.

Now let’s connect a few more dotes.

Single women are another caste the New Aristocracy and Democrat/Left has created. What do they control them with? Fear.

Why don’t they let those women be armed? Because that would put them out of their Place. The peasants and serfs Need to know their Place, you see.

See how the Left works now?

13. MacG says

80 mile an hour question, Those dude were high, honorary members of the Choom Gang I spect… You can hear the camera man tokin’

Everybody knows that any body high on weed drives way slower than anybody else. It was a trick question the real question should have been :You THINK you are driving 80MPH…

1. Watcher’s Council submissions

The Noisy Room – China Conducts Provocative Aerial Buzz On American Military Aircraft The Independent Sentinel – They want our guns while giving submachine guns to the USDA Joshuapundit-Blackgammon: Eric Holder Plays the Game in Ferguson The Right Plan…

2. Watcher’s Council winners

*First place with 3 votes!Joshuapundit-Blackgammon: Eric Holder Plays the Game in Ferguson Second place with 2 votes – Bookworm Room – A very funny video about American blacks that highlights the horrible thing mainstream American culture has done to t…