This year has managed, simultaneously, to be both the fastest and the slowest year I can remember. Because it was a challenging year, large parts of it crawled by, but because I’m aging, time whistles past me with frightening speed. I think I need a little Zen in my life to return time to its rightful place.
All of this is a prelude to the fact that we’re looking at the fifth to last Watcher’s Council contest for 2014. That just amazes me, and what amazes me even more is the consistently high quality the Council offers week after week after week. To see what I mean, just check out this week’s offerings, ripped verbatim from the Watcher of Weasels page:
This particular turkey isn’t quite cooked yet, but the heat’s turned up and we’re working on it.
(Graphic courtesy of I Own The World)
Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere, and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council.Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday morning.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
To bring something to my attention, simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title and a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address (mandatory, but of course it won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category. Then return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out on Wednesday morning
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have for you this week….
- The Noisy Room – The New Axis of Evil Waging Unconventional Warfare
- The Independent Sentinel – Obama Feels ‘Incredibly Strongly’ About Illegal Aliens Getting Obamacare
- Simply Jews – Assisting Lisa Goldman in her balancing act
- The Right Planet – #Ferguson: If You Like Your Facts, You Can Keep Your Facts
- Rhymes With Right – Some Thoughts On Ferguson
- VA Right! – Article V Convention – Solution or Pandora’s Box?
- Nice Deb – Megyn Kelly Asks Judge Napolitano: ‘Does Obama Have an Adult Relationship with the Truth?’
- Joshuapundit–The Rams ‘Hands Up’ Protest Doesn’t Bother Me..But Congress’s Is Obscene
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – World Police
- The Glittering Eye –Farewell To Jenny’s Car
- The Razor – So Where’s The Inflation?
- Bookworm Room – Bringing common sense to climate science (and life)
- David Gerstman/Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion – How The Media Aids Hamas
- I Own The World – Why Was Wilson Not Indicted? Because the Grand Jury Dismissed Incoherent, Nearly Retarded Testimony
- The Pirate’s Cove – NY Times: Know What’s Awesome? Hydrogen Cars
- Seraphic Secret – The Ferguson/Palestinian Narrative
- Sultan Knish –Being Thankful For The Left submitted by The Noisy Room
- Kevin D. Williamson/NRO–Who Boycotts WalMart? submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- Fred Maroun/Times Of Israel – If I Were Israeli.. submitted by Simply Jews
- Rebel Pundit – The Ferguson Disaster: The Wreckage of Obama & Marx submitted by The Right Planet
- Right On The Left Coast – Obama: “Teachers Suck” submitted by Rhymes with Right
- Daily Caller – Eric Cantor’s Son Is A Member Of The UVA Fraternity Accused Of Gang Rapesubmitted by VA Right!
- Don Surber –Do Not Rebuild In Ferguson submitted by Nice Deb
- American Digest – Presence of Malice: Against the Conservative Portrait of the Presidentsubmitted by Joshuapundit
- Joseph Sarkisian/Cicero Magazine – American Grand Strategy or Grand Illusion? submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Matti Friedman/The Atlantic – What The Media Gets Wrong About Israel submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Reason –Whatever Happened To Inflation? submitted by The Razor
- Robert Avrech/Jewish Action –Warning: Hollywood’s Coming for Your Home and Childrensubmitted by Bookworm Room
- Benjamin Weingarten/The Blaze – 10 major takeaways from the House Benghazi report that the media is completely ignoring submitted by The Watcher (h/t, The Noisy Room)
- Thomas Lifeson/American Thinker – The Left’s War On Civil Society’ submitted by The Watcher