I’m sounding like a broken record, but every week it’s true: Bad times make for good writing, especially when you have writers of the caliber found at the Watcher’s Council. (And yes, it sounds as if I’m complimenting myself, but this really is aimed at my fellow council members. I’m constantly amazed at my good fortune in finding myself in this group, and I hope that they never look too closely at me and start questioning my writing credentials.) Here’s our esteemed Watcher’s post:
Some pictures really are worth a thousand words. This was a major defeat for Barack Obama, and perhaps, as Winston Churchill once famously put it, ‘the end of the beginning.’
Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere, and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council.Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday morning.
This week, the Watcher’s Council is proud to welcome a new member, Don Surber. I’ve admired his work for quite some time, and we’re all glad to have him aboard. Please check out his fine site, and feast your eyes and brain matter on his Council debut below.
So, let’s see what we have for you this week….
- The Noisy Room – The Faustian Pact Between Obama And Iran
- Don Surber – Prime Minister: “Australians are sick of being lectured to by the United Nations”
- The Right Planet – The Silencers
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – If War Is The Best Option
- Joshuapundit–The Chicken Or The Egg?
- The Glittering Eye –The History of ‘Advice and Consent’
- VA Right! – Is the Location of Hillary Clinton’s Email Server 75 Broad St New York, NY 10004?
- The Razor – The New Eco-Feminist Top Gear Unveiled
- Nice Deb – President Bystander Blames Bush For ISIS – Even Though He Funded Them and They Metastasized On His Watch
- Bookworm Room – Trevor Loudon tells enthralled Marin County audience that victory in 2016 requires uniting and inspiring conservative base
- The Independent Sentinel – Unbelievable: Iran Is Off the Terrorism List and Assisting Obama in Defeating Congress
- Ask Marion – Beating The Odds
- Rhymes With Right – But The Obama Administration Assured Us These Folks Were Poor People Who Just Needed Jobs!
- Daniel Greenfield/FrontPage Mag –Obama’s Treason Is The New Patriotism submitted by The Noisy Room
- Michael Douglas/LA Times – Michael Douglas finds Judaism and faces anti-Semitism submitted by Don Surber
- The New American – Remembering the Lonely Struggle of Otto Otepka submitted by The Right Planet
- The National – The Growing Iranian Footprint submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Michael Totten – Let Iraq Die: A Case for Partition submitted byJoshuapundit
- Walter Russell Mead – The Way Forward on Iran submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Stacy Washington/Townhall – The Ferguson Race Shell Game Continues submitted by VA Right!
- Veronique de Rugy/The Daily Beast –On Ex-Im Bank, the Democrats Are the Real Corporate Shills submitted by The Razor
- Richard Epstein/Hoover Institution –Race Baiting And Fergusonsubmitted by Nice Deb
- Victor Davis Hanson/PJ Media–A Tale of Four Droughts submitted by Bookworm Room
- Gary Pruitt –Government undermining ‘right to know’ laws submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- Politico –Bibi Wins Big submitted by Ask Marion
- Matt Barber/CNS – Why We’ll Never Bake Your Fake ‘Wedding’ Cakesubmitted by The Watcher
- James Rosen/Playboy – Dick Cheney Interview: ‘Obama is The Worst President Of My Lifetime’ submitted by The Watcher