The Council has spoken, the votes have been cast, and the results are in for this week’s Watcher’s Council match up.
“Israelis are being stabbed, bombed, run over and stoned, yet this council remains silent. Instead of educating about peace and tolerance, the Palestinian leadership is brainwashing children with incitement and hate.” – Israel’s UN Ambassador Danny Danon
“Each drop of blood that was spilled in Jerusalem is pure blood as long as it’s for the sake of Allah. Every shahid (martyr) will be in heaven and every wounded person will be rewarded, by Allah’s will….Al-Aksa is ours and so is the Church of the Holy Sepulchre. They (Jews) have no right to desecrate them with their filthy feet. We won’t allow them to do so and we will do whatever we can to defend Jerusalem.”– Mahmoud Abbas, inciting violence on Official Palestinian Authority TV.
“The wave of terrorism that we are experiencing in Jerusalem is brutal and cruel. Inflammatory incitement and lies from mosques, Palestinian leaders and the Islamic Movement are resulting in the murder of innocent civilians, and terror in the streets of Jerusalem that attempts to disrupt our daily routine. To our shock and horror, there is no limit to the cruelty of murderers who use meat cleavers and kitchen knives to attack innocent young children on bikes on their way home from school. We Jerusalemites are strong, united and determined. We have survived harder times and overcome them. “ – Nir Birkat, Mayor of Jerusalem
Jerusalem is united. it will never be divided again – Yitzhak Rabin
This week’s winning essay, Bookworm Room’s Let’s talk about the bloodshed in Israel is a heart rending look at how much of the ‘international community’ is art best ignoring and at worst encouraging terrorism against Jews in Jerusalem. Here’s a slice:
Those who consume only the mainstream media do not know what’s going on in Israel. The media is lying to America through selectively presented news. News reports are careful to lead with headlines about Palestinians killed or wounded, only mentioning deep in the article that Palestinians met these misfortunes only after they tried to slaughter Jews. Bret Stephens says it best:
If you’ve been following the news from Israel, you might have the impression that “violence” is killing a lot of people. As in this headline: “Palestinian Killed As Violence Continues.” Or this first paragraph: “Violence and bloodshed radiating outward from flash points in Jerusalem and the West Bank appear to be shifting gears and expanding, with Gaza increasingly drawn in.”
Read further, and you might also get a sense of who, according to Western media, is perpetrating “violence.” As in: “Two Palestinian Teenagers Shot by Israeli Police,” according to one headline. Or: “Israeli Retaliatory Strike in Gaza Kills Woman and Child, Palestinians Say,” according to another.
Such was the media’s way of describing two weeks of Palestinian assaults that began when Hamas killed a Jewish couple as they were driving with their four children in the northern West Bank. Two days later, a Palestinian teenager stabbed two Israelis to death in Jerusalem’s Old City, and also slashed a woman and a 2-year-old boy. Hours later, another knife-wielding Palestinian was shot and killed by Israeli police after he slashed a 15-year-old Israeli boy in the chest and back.
Other Palestinian attacks include the stabbing of two elderly Israeli men and an assault with a vegetable peeler on a 14-year-old. On Sunday, an Arab-Israeli man ran over a 19-year-old female soldier at a bus stop, then got out of his car, stabbed her, and attacked two men and a 14-year-old girl. Several attacks have been carried out by women, including a failed suicide bombing.
What’s going on is a fraud against Americans’ knowledge and intelligence, as well as against their ability to participate properly in our representative democracy.
Two videos emerged from Israel today which give just a feel of the violence ripping through that small, pluralist, democratic, quite civilized little country:
WATCH: Raw footage of the moment of terror when a Palestinian attacks two Israeli security officials. Israel has faced a wave of stabbings this week — but the world is silent. Israeli civilians and officers are left alone to defend themselves and each other. —> Demand action against Palestinian terror. Add your name at IsraelIsUnderAttack.com
Posted by The Israel Project on Monday, October 12, 2015
(If the above video doesn’t load, view it here.)
WARNING: Graphic contentThis morning, a terrorist went on a violent rampage in Jerusalem with a vehicle and a butcher’s knife. This is the danger we face. This is the result of Palestinian incitement.
Posted by Israel Defense Forces on Tuesday, October 13, 2015
(If the above video doesn’t load, view it here.)
And where is Obama?
Dumisani Washington, who is not Jewish but supports Israel, has the answer:
(If the embed doesn’t show, go here.)
Incidentally, the use of the knife, and the world’s silence, are not new.
Much more at the link.
In our non-Council category, the winner was the one and only Mark Steyn–The Uncowardly Lioness submitted by Fausta’s Blog. It is a wonderful celebration of the life of former British PM Margaret Thatcher on the anniversary of her passing.
Here are this week’s full results. Only Don Surber was unable to vote, but was not subject t the usual 2/3 vote penalty:
- *First place with 3 votes!–Bookworm Room – Let’s talk about the bloodshed in Israel
- Second place with 2 2/3 votes –The Right Planet – #UpdateBrazil: Communist Infiltration In The US Government
- Third place with 2 votes –The Razor – What 25 Years Together Have Taught Me
- Fourth place with 1 2/3 votes –Joshuapundit–Breaking – US Arming Hezbollah With State-Of-The-Art Missiles
- Fifth place *t* with 1 vote –The Noisy Room – The Cyberweapons Club: Easy, Cheap & Available… Spurs New Arms Race
- Fifth place *t* with 1 vote –The Glittering Eye –Good Fences Make Good Neighbors
- Sixth place with 2/3 vote –Maggie’s Notebook – Trans-Pacific Partnership: How It Enters Into Force – WikiLeaks Leaks
- Seventh place *t* with 1/3 vote –Puma By Design – Agenda 2030 — Trans Pacific Partnership – Bad for America (UPDATED)
- Seventh place *t* with 1/3 vote – VA Right! – Canova Peterson Platform: Eliminating proffers that were never actually paid made new houses, (up 13%), more affordable
- Seventh place *t* with 1/3 vote –Don Surber – How L.L. Bean became a shoe
- First place with 2 2/3 votes! –Mark Steyn –The Uncowardly Lioness submitted by Fausta’s Blog
- Second place with 2 1/3 votes – Bret Stephens/WSJ–Palestine: The Psychotic Stage submitted by Bookworm Room
- Third place with 2 votes – Sultan Knish – How Buying Guns for Oppressed Jews Built the American Jewish Establishment submitted byThe Noisy Room
- Fourth place with 1 vote –Dan Greenfield/FrontPage – Thieves, Liars And Idiots; The Two Hour Democratic debate submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 votes –James Dellingpole/Breitbart –Top Physicist Freeman Dyson: Obama Picked the ‘Wrong side’ on Climate Change submitted by Maggie’s Notebook
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 votes –Powerline – The Times Backs Off On Temple Trutherism submitted by Joshuapundit
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 votes –Robert Gates And Condoleezza Rice/Wapo – How America can counter Putin’s moves in Syriasubmitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 votes –Gateway Pundit –As Part of Schoolwork: German Kids Required to Make Beds, Cook and Clean for Migrants at Centers, submitted by Puma By Design
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 votes –Jon Gabriel/Ricochet – Media Narrative Chat submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 votes –Selwyn Duke/American Thinker–What Really Drives Obama’s Destructive Mideast Policy? submitted byNice Deb
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 votes –Michael Totten – The Iraq of Latin America submitted by The Watcher
- Sixth place with 1/3 vote –Michael Weiss/the Daily Beast –Russia’s Giving ISIS An Air Force submitted by The Right Planet
See you next week!
Make sure to tune in every Monday for the Watcher’s Forum. and every Tuesday morning, when we reveal the weeks’ nominees for Weasel of the Week!
And remember, every Wednesday, the Council has its weekly contest with the members nominating two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council. The votes are cast by the Council, and the results are posted on Friday morning.
It’s a weekly magazine of some of the best stuff written in the blogosphere, andyou won’t want to miss it...or any of the other fantabulous Watcher’s Council content.