Of course the fix was in. No way was a Democrat administration going to let its primary candidate be indicted. The next thing the optimists are dreaming about is outraged FBI agents going rogue and spilling the beans on all the wrongdoing found about Hillary.
To which I say not going to happen. As I wrote some months ago, job security is going to be more important to 99.9% of the agents than truth and honor. (Sorry, FBI guys and gals, but you know it’s true.) As for the other 0.1% who might be inclined to go rogue, they know that the media will quash anything they have to say.
The great thing for Progressives is that voters who might have felt icky about casting a vote for a woman under investigation, can now hold up their heads proudly and say, “The FBI cleared her.”
Please feel free to chime in here, to agree or disagree with me.
UPDATE: I just published this, but when I went looking for the post in which I predicted that Hillary would walk, I actually found myself being quotable:
No matter how principled they’d like to think they are, most middle-class people will turn a blind eye to corruption in their midst rather than run the risk of being unable to pay their mortgage or fund all of the other payments necessary to support a middle-class lifestyle. They don’t think of themselves as dishonest or complicit in dishonesty. They think of themselves as cautious people who aren’t going to risk their children’s future for some grand-standing that, rather than resulting in applause, could leave them unemployed and desperate.
This episode from my past makes me doubt very strongly that Hillary Clinton will be indicted. I know that the rumor mill keeps saying that FBI agents, from Comey on down, will quit if Loretta Lynch lets Hillary walk. Some of the FBI agents whispering this to friendly reporters may even believe that they’ll quit.
Mostly, though, this is a bluff. Why? Because the people talking about quitting are middle-class people with mortgages, and school fees, and insurance, and all the other expenses that keep us in the middle-class living up to our own expectations. If Hillary really does walk, 99% of those “I’ll quit if she’s not indicted” agents will manage, very quickly and easily, to convince themselves to stay in their jobs, and get their salaries and pensions.