The etymology of the word “liberal” isn’t complicated. It’s from the Latin līberālis, meaning “of freedom,” which in turn derives from līber, meaning “free.” The problem with “liberalism” as a political doctrine comes about when people try to define the control from which they wish to be free. As aContinue reading
Although I blog for the love of blogging, I am always grateful for donations. If you would like to donate, please go here.
- History, Holidays & Observances on January 18
- Dalia al-Aqidi: Patriotic Minneapolis Muslims have a candidate
- An apology if my blogging is a bit erratic
- Bookworm Beat 1/17/20 — the Dems are going bat poop crazy illustrated edition
- History, Holidays and Observances on January 17: The Battle of Cowpens