1. The woman is a dim bulb, defined by ignorance and inanity.
2. Her low wattage does not make her any less dangerous.
3. She is dangerous because she is a master of the modern medium.
4. She is the living embodiment of Marshall McLuhan’s statement that “the medium is the message.” That she lacks substance, knowledge, wit, logical ability, or any other qualities that matter for governance, is irrelevant; she can communicate in 21st century fashion and that is sufficient to elevate her.
5. If we only ridicule her, we actually enhance her “medium as message” status.
6. We should treat her utterances seriously and, even as we expose each fallacy, nevertheless maintain a respectful tone. (You’ll notice that I’ve long since stopped doing “dumb Ocasio-Cortez” posters in my illustrated editions.) Remember, that she is a dim bulb is irrelevant. She’s a shiny, pretty, bubbly socialist who knows that communication, rather than substance, is currently the only thing that matters.
7. Do not call her “AOC.” It’s easy to type, but it elevates her to “Barbra,” “Bono,” “Cher” or “Hillary” status.” Given her mastery of the medium, Ocasio-Cortez doesn’t need our help. [Read more…]