I want to help inner city residents and minorities learn that the Democrats are not their friends — and that Trump is. I’ve tried to do so in this letter.
If you look at economic numbers for the years from 2008 through 2016 (when Democrats-controlled Congress or when President Obama was making rules without running them through Congress first), you will notice a few very clear trends:
- The overall economy was bad following the 2008 recession.
- The overall economy never recovered for people living in inner cities, especially blacks and Hispanics. These groups had the highest unemployment and the lowest wage recovery. Incidentally, inner city communities, Hispanics, and blacks are all loyal Democrat voters.
- The communities that did spectacularly well during that same time — enjoying high employment, high wages — were government workers in and around Washington, D.C. and a whole bunch of Democrat white people clustered in places like the San Francisco Bay Area or the wealthy suburbs of New York and Chicago. Many of these rich white Democrats, by the way, got rich(er) thanks to policies that allowed them to grab lots of government money. These people, too, are overwhelmingly Democrat voters.
Conclusion: Democrat policies are great for Washington bureaucrats and Democrat rich people and not so great for inner city residents, blacks, and Hispanics.
In the year since Trump became president, there have been a few more very clear trends:
- The overall economy has grown spectacularly.
- When it comes to jobs, the biggest beneficiaries have been blacks and Hispanics.
- Under Donald Trump, the number of government employees is shrinking drastically: employees who quit aren’t being replaced; employees who do a terrible job (for example, Veterans Administration employees who let vets die without medical care) are getting fired; and President Trump is challenging and sometimes firing upper level employees in the FBI, the IRS, the DOJ, etc., who refuse to acknowledge that he is president or to work with his administration.
- The people protesting most loudly against Trump, and the ones pouring the most money and energy into destroying him, are those same people who got rich (or richer) during the Obama years and who are now seeing their cozy relationship with government vanish. That is, they want to restore their glory years, not preserve and protect yours.
Conclusion: Democrats don’t care about you. If they did, they would embrace President Trump’s policies because those policies are benefiting you in ways Americans haven’t seen since the 1980s. Instead, they care only about themselves and this is true no matter how often they insist that they, and not Donald Trump, have your interests at heart. [Read more…]