As the Watcher points out, both of this week’s winners (and, incidentally, I voted for both) examine what happens when an ideology gets elevated to the realm of the pragmatic. The Razor examines the “peace” movement, which was powerful enough to result in the deaths of millions; while John Stossel’s article looks at Obama’s promised (and scary) changes to the US economy. As always, I heartily recommend each of the articles, not just the winners:
Winning Council Submissions
- First place with 2 2/3 points! – The Razor - The Symbol of Oppression
- Second place with 1 2/3 points – (T*) – Joshuapundit - Cheney Slaps Biden Upside The Head
- Second place with 1 2/3 points – (T*) – Mere Rhetoric - Smug Liberal Sophistication Undisturbed By Decades Of Disastrously Wrong Domestic And International Predictions
- Third place with 1 points – Bookworm Room - Destruction of Property
- Fourth place with 2/3 points – (T*) – Soccer Dad - Don’t get too chummy with that flaming dummy
- Fourth place with 2/3 points – (T*) – Rhymes With Right - Impeach Jerry Brown
- Fourth place with 2/3 points – (T*) – The Glittering Eye - How to Give a Bonus
- Fifth place with 1/3 point – Cheat-Seeking Missiles - Gay Anger At Warren Unwarranted
Winning Non-Council Submissions
- First place with 2 1/3 points! – John Stossel - Arrogance and Conceit Won’t Fix the Economy
- Second place with 1 2/3 points – (T*) – Larrey Anderson/American Thinker - Climate Crisis = Logic Crisis
- Second place with 1 2/3 points – (T*) – Dhimmi Watch - Fitzgerald: If we cut off the jizya, could things become even worse?
- Third place with 1 1/3 points – (T*) – Pajamas Media - The Op-Ed the New York Times Wouldn’t Run
- Third place with 1 1/3 points – (T*) – Counterterrorism blog - Jihad by the Shoe: Who Was Behind it and why?
- Third place with 1 1/3 points – (T*) – Simon Deng – Hudson New York - Bishop Tutu and “Israeli Apartheid”
- Fourth place with 2/3 points – The American Spectator - Coffee and Closure
- Fifth place with 1/3 point – Jewcy - Madoff the Jew: The Media’s Hypocritical Obsession With the Fraudster’s Faith
T* – Denotes TieEmail This Post To A Friend
One Response to “The problem when dreams come true”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.