AARP runs meeting consistent with their paper’s Leftist management

It was only last week that I wrote about the fact that the AARP’s weird support for Obama Care, a plan that is likely to ration care its members, might be connected to the fact that at least one branch of its management, the magazine editorship, is to the left of Left.  I think that attitude might be more prevalent in the AARP than just at the magazine itself.  How else to explain this wonderful style of meeting management?

The playbook would be as follows:

How to run an AARP meeting, Leftie style:

1.  Open a meeting with elderly people by talking in a swift, inaudible mumble?  Check.

2.  Assert a whole bunch of assumptions with which your audience instantly disagrees?  Check.

3.  Scold your audience for not getting with a program ostensibly for their benefit?  Check.

4.  Shut down the meeting because it turns out your constituents were supposed to listen to you, not vice versa?  Check.

Comments

1. Zhombre says

Pretty darn good meeting once the tightass AARP “facilitator” took her sound system and walked out in a huff. Thank God there are still Americans who will rise up and speak frankly and articulately and refuse to be pushed around.

I saw this clip earlier today on another site and have to agree with Zhombre that the fancily clad Nazis who took over the meeting did a great job.

Book, you and others are right when the comment on how much the DNC and Obama’s characterizations of regular citizens as thugs and manipulable sheep is going to start a prairie fire.

3. Tonestaple says

That nasty little creature who started the meeting clearly has the heart and soul of a social worker who knows best for her senile old charges. I’m impressed by the self-control of the crowd because they did not slap the little brat silly.

I knew that AARP would never be for me the first time I heard them insisting on maintaining Social Security in spite of its essential unsoundness. But they do make me laugh. I was visiting with an elderly friend one day and she had the AARP magazine on her table. The cover article was the best cities in the world in which to be old. Number one on their list was Amsterdam! The Netherlands leads the world in euthanizing people who have outlived their usefulness and AARP thinks this is a great place for people to retire.

Also, I reviewed some insurance quotes my friend had gotten, and AARP’s was definitely one of the worst: less coverage than the others with the extra added bonus of a higher price.

Don’t know how many AARP members were at the meeting, maybe 50 and I’d bet dollar to donuts, they just lost all 50 as members.

I think Miss Mumbles took her cue from the DNC Townhall Meetings. If the meeting isn’t going your way – well, just shut them down or shout them down.

5. suek says

>>How dare those seniors come prepared and with all their faculties and facts, the nerve!>>

You know…that’s _really_ funny….

Talk about your stereotypes!!!

We’re all supposed to be your “typical old person”, I guess!

suek…

I think Miss Mumbles was planning on it with her verbal Evelyn Wood speed-reading opener. Pompous little wretch! She should be checked out for a stroke, because her speech was slurred.

I’ve got a good mind to demonstrate my version of the ‘Caine’ Mutiny and hit that twit upside her head right after I trip her ;-)

Excuse me, this is where I double over in giggles.

So Ms. Leftie thought she was going to guide her little sheep to the slaughter, eh.

Good for them! I’m proud of these elderly non-Sheep who know a con-job when they see it, and called her out instantly. I guess her version of the Obammie “Okey-Doke” didn’t go over very well!

Good for them! That was great fun to watch. I’m so proud of my fellow Americans. There’s hope yet!

Sadie, they really did!

“Wah! I’m taking my microphone, and I’m going home! WAH!”

Sadie, your link to the violence by the union thugs at the town hall meeting was chilling. (The link was in Book’s “Logical Fallacies of the Left” comment by Sadie). I’d like to repost it here. Everyone, take a look!

An excerpt from the link:
    The guy who said he was attacked (light brown short sleeve collared shirt) said he was just out there selling something (I think “Don’t Tread on Me” flags.) [...] he said he was waiting to be treated for injuries to his knee, back, elbow, shoulder and face that he suffered in the attack. Gladney, who is black, said one of his attackers, also a black man, used a racial slur against him before the attack started.

Also:
    Carnahan reserved a section at the event for union supporters.
    He blocked the 1,000 tea party protesters from entering the event and even had his supporters enter in a side door.

And as a commenter there wrote:
    An important line was crossed last night. Violence in American politics isn’t anything new. Union violence isn’t anything new. Union violence in American politics isn’t anything new. What IS new is violence against ordinary protesting citizens carried out by union stormtroopers EXPLICITLY CALLED OUT BY and CONDONED by the governing political party and the President of the United States.

The next four weeks will be crucial. By the end of September, we will know if we exist in a free republic or in an authoritarian state.

This is what happens when your Democrat leadership in the White House says, “If they verbally attack our Democrats, we’re going to hit back twice as hard.”

1. AARP – Assuming All Roll Pliantly…

Bookie, once again, brings us a must see: How to run an AARP meeting, Leftie style: 1. Open a meeting with elderly people by talking in a swift, inaudible mumble? Check. 2. Assert a whole bunch of assumptions with which……