Obama is a very bad man

(Heated, perhaps overheated, rant to follow:)

If you like Seinfeld, and especially if you like Bapu, watch the whole video.  Otherwise, just watch from 2:14-2:22.

“He’s a bad man.  He’s a very, very bad man.”

That’s all I could think of when I read that today, on the 70th Anniversary of Poland’s invasion by the Nazis Soviets, Barack Obama made the decision to leave Poland and the Czech Republic vulnerable to Putin’s tender ministrations.  The former Soviet Union may be in demographic decline, but that clearly hasn’t stopped Putin’s dreams of grandeur — and what better way to use up former military stock, regain your former imperial glory, and augment your dying population, than by engaging in a little empire building.  Nor do I buy Obama’s claim that he’s just replacing a standing defense system with something more “agile.”

As for not believing him, that’s something of a heated subject amongst conservatives I know.  The Anchoress, who is very aware of Obama’s failings, tries to give Obama the benefit of the doubt when he says certain things.  For example, she believes he truly rejects Carter’s charge that racism his behind opposition to Obama.  She has quite a big reason for this belief:

If we cannot believe anything that anyone says, ever, and I say this understanding just how polarized the nation is, and add my own culpability to the huge number of people on the air, on the internets and in just about every elected office who have contributed to it. The division of our country has been a truly “bipartisan” affair. But if we cannot argue in good faith, and occasionally give each other the benefit of a doubt, then we are all wasting our time in trying to effect any sort of reasonable dialogue, and there is no hope for us as a nation.

Much as I appreciate the Anchoress’ desire to believe in the integrity of the system, if not in the integrity of any single politician, I do not think that honesty is ever a part of the Obama calculus.  If he’s sorry about Carter’s statement, it’s not because this, the most racial of presidents (let me paraphrase:  “I don’t know anything about what happened, but the police acted stupidly”) is disturbed by charges of racism.  It’s because he’s made a political calculation and believes that these charges have the potential to backfire.

There’s a reason I’m so jaundiced about Obama’s statements, whether he’s refuting racism or promising “agile” protection for Russia’s neighbors:  “Reputation, reputation! reputation! O, I have lost my reputation! And I have lost the immortal part of myself, and what remains is bestial. My reputation, Iago, my reputation!”  Barack Obama has established himself in my mind as a man who lies.  And lies again.  He’s lied about his past, he lies about his acquaintances, he lied about his entire political identity, he lies about his health care plan (whether describing events that never took place or policies that don’t exist).  When caught, he doesn’t back off, he doubles down.  Entirely consistent with my amateur diagnosis of him as a man suffering from a borderline personality disorder (malignant narcissim?  sociopathy?) the truth is an infinitely malleable concept, since truth in Obama world is defined by a statement that suits his particular needs of the moment.

I can no longer extend to Obama the courtesy of believing that what he says is the truth.  In a court of law, a man is innocent until proven guilty, but we are not in a court of law.  We are in the real world.  Obama has fooled America once.  Shame on him.  And then he fooled America again and again and again.  At some point, the shame has to shift from him to us, and we become the greatest fools if we repose faith in anything he says.  The only difference between our situation and that in the famous fable of the boy who cried “Wolf!” is that I fear that, contrary to the story in which the lying boy finally pays the price, it is we, the much put upon villagers, who will find ourselves eaten by the wolves that ultimately show up.

My suspicions about Obama’s veracity aren’t helped by the fact that his behavior shows that he not only wishes America ill, his disdain encompasses the entire Western world.  Bow before Islam.  Cuddle up to Chavez.  Yield completely to Kim Jong Il and Vladimir Putin.  Could Obama do anything more to debase America and the West?  I’m beginning to put more and more credence in Robin’s suspicion that Obama shows all the signs of a child both abandoned and molested.  He’s like a bad thriller, where the damaged child grows up to take his revenge on the whole world.  Except in the thrillers, you know some hero is going to stop him.  With Obama, as the song goes, “ain’t no stopping now.”

For a much more potent and fact-filled indictment, check out Kim Priestap’s post at Wizbang.

Comments

And yet so many shrug their shoulders at the Man they elected as their American Idol engineers their destruction. Oh well, what else is on TV….

At least the Independents are waking up to what they have done.

2. suek says

>>For example, she believes he truly rejects Carter’s charge that racism his behind opposition to Obama. >>

I agree with her. Not for the same reason she gives though. I’m afraid I’m much more cynical.

In the first place, Carter’s charge is simply a statement of his own deep feelings. Remember when he confessed to having lusted after a woman other than his wife, and that made him guilty of adultery just as if he had actually _committed_ adultery? (There _is_ support for that biblically, but it involves giving oneself permission to indulge one’s transient thoughts.) I think Carter is openly confessing his own deep seated racism – even if he never acted upon it – and making the assumption that _everybody_ has the same thoughts.
    Hannity had his panel the other night, and one of them (don’t know their names) commented that “Why are we even discussing this? Carter didn’t matter even when he mattered”. I’m pretty much of the same opinion.

I think Obama doesn’t really care whether the comments are racist or not – in fact, it’s to his benefit if they are. I think he learned a long time ago to make race work for him. He learned how to make a negative into a positive – and we’re the fools if we allow it to make a difference. It makes absolutely no difference whether the comment was racist or not – it only matters if it was true or not. Yes, there’s the whole etiquette thing, but that’s a different matter – that’s just a means for Pelosi to demonstrate once again her dominatrix personality.

When you’re negotiating with an opponent, you look for a weakness…feel out what’s important to your opponent. If it’s important for your opponent to be totally unbiased, then you magnify any situation which might possibly be interpreted as showing bias. So…as far as I’m concerned, maybe I’m racist. If so, then so be it. As of this moment, I don’t care. I have no interest in examining whether my thoughts or actions are racist. Period. If someone doesn’t like it, they can take me to court.

Unfortunately, the problem is that it’s the court of public opinion that makes the judgment here, and the Obama team absolutely knows how to make the most of that. We must ignore them.

(Heated, perhaps overheated, rant to follow:)

Actually, Book, you exercised considerably restraint.

Robin’s article covered a lot of ground, save one observation: He’s a liar, whether pathological or chronic really doesn’t matter. End result, he has ‘yet’ to suffer the consequences of his behaviors. In fact, I think they were encouraged or dismissed to diminish the guilt of his caregivers/grandparents and part-time mother.

He has never been called to the carpet for lying and has learned to manipulate by flashing a smile and using his innate verbal skills to skirt conflict. Worse, is that he deflects the consequences of lying and points his finger away from himself and towards any direction other than himself. An absolute and total disconnect from reality.

suek..as to carter (yes, lower case) because he is a thorn in the side of humanity. He should have stayed in Georgia and continued peanut farming. Another dysfunctional president. I can only hope that he and BO share another thing in common – one term.

Nations have not been governed by dialogue for most of human history. They have been governed by power, by information networks, secret police, extra-judicial measures, judicial measures, and various propaganda and military networks of one kind or another.

Propaganda is very reasonable dialogue. I tell you what you want to hear and you’ll do what I want you to do. What’s more reasonable than that.

As for this Constitutional Republic we have, that’s run on checks and balances. It doesn’t matter if somebody mouths off, so long as their exercise of power is checked by another interest or faction.

However, currently the Democrat party has grown so large in institutional power and corruption that you had better knock some ALINSKY infiltration tactics on their war machine, otherwise there will be no ‘checks and balances’ holding their power back.

Nations are run utilizing power, not words. Propaganda is a means to exercise and control that power. In America, this nation is also run on power, the explicitly regulated power of state and federal governments, which also includes the various civilian, military, and special interest group factions.

This nation is not run on dialogue. National defense doesn’t come about through dialogue. Nukes aren’t deployed utilizing dialogue. Armies don’t need dialogue, they need deployment orders and theater strategies.

It is this very exact rationale that allowed people to convince themselves that voting for Obama was okay. They thought he was just one man, that he could represent America utilizing his own special abilities. Obama is a Democrat, when you elected him, you elected the entire panoply of Democrat corruption and power mongering. When people forgot that, that’s when they voted for Obama. Either that or they had never learned this fact of life in the first place.

Obama is not an honorable enemy. You can’t trust his word. If he says he’ll declare a cease fire and allow our side to retrieve our dead and wounded, you can bet that he’ll open fire depending on what he perceives.

Does that mean he will open fire? No. Does that mean he planned to violate his word when he made it? No. But you don’t give him the benefit of the doub.t You don’t assume that he meant it at the time and then wait until he doesn’t mean it anymore. You have a responsibility to your side, which defends the US Constitution, to never allow the enemy to achieve victory. That includes ensuring that your side is prepared for both scenarios.

In the art of deception, 99% of the truth adulterated with 1% poison kills the fastest. One should recognize the truth for what it is, and also recognize that the truth can also be used to deceive.

There is no benefit of the doubt given to the deceiver. He always deceives. Assume that is so.

Two news items, two different statements..what was it they were saying about a transparency, which obviously has two different meanings to the W.H.
    Opaque lies vs transparent lies.

Item 1.
    AP 9/17/09

VIENNA – Experts at the world’s top atomic watchdog are in agreement that Tehran has the ability to make a nuclear bomb and is on the way to developing a missile system able to carry an atomic warhead, according to a secret report seen by The Associated Press.

The document drafted by senior officials at the International Atomic Energy Agency is the clearest indication yet that the agency’s leaders share Washington’s views on Iran’s weapon-making capabilities.

It appears to be the so-called “secret annex” on Iran’s nuclear program that Washington says is being withheld by the IAEA’s chief.

The document says Iran has “sufficient information” to build a bomb. It says Iran is likely to “overcome problems” on developing a delivery system.

Item 2.
    Hot Air 9/17/09

Why has the Obama administration decided to toss eastern Europe under the bus in order to make nice with Russia? According to CNN, Joe Biden says that a missile-defense system in Europe isn’t really necessary, because Iran isn’t much of a threat. No, really:

Vice President Joe Biden earlier refused to confirm to CNN that the George W. Bush-era plan was being shelved.

But he did explain the logic of doing so, saying Iran — a key concern for the United States — was not a threat.

“I think we are fully capable and secure dealing with any present or future potential Iranian threat,” he told CNN’s Chris Lawrence in Baghdad, where he is on a brief trip.

“The whole purpose of this exercise we are undertaking is to diminish the prospect of the Iranians destabilizing that region in the world. I am less concerned — much less concerned — about the Iranian potential. They have no potential at this moment, they have no capacity to launch a missile at the United States of America,” he said.

Sadie with head rocking side to side, taking in shallow breaths, muttering profanities says: Thanks, Joe, you really cleared the air with that.

7. Deana says

Awesome post, Bookworm. And I agree with Sadie – it is fairly restrained given the circumstances.

Today is just one of those days when I can’t bear to see the news. I want to hole myself up on some mountain top somewhere and forget what I’m watching.

The Left has never cared about foreigners or refugees or human rights. People only thought they did because the Left could gin up some propaganda about them here in the US, to help them elect Dems

This is one of the numerous consequences of not understanding how power is manipulated. People were taught in school math, but they weren’t taught human nature and what happens when one has power.

9. suek says

John Bolton had a very caustic interview on this topic on Fox News this AM. I don’t know who the GOP plans to run in 12, but whoever it is sure as heck better put Bolton on his team. There might be others as qualified, but if so, I don’t know who it might be.