I saw a headline at Drudge, to the effect that there is a photo of Afghan “insurgents” with U.S. ammo. The story, although I’m sure it’s interesting, interested me less than that word “insurgent.” We’ve all talked about the fact that “insurgent” a word that allows a politically correct, liberal media to avoid such words as “terrorist” and to shy away from any discussion about the religion those “insurgents” practice.
But most obviously, it’s a way of avoiding that old-fashioned word “enemy.” Try as they may, though, reporters cannot shy away from a central fact: Those Afghani “insurgents” are engaged in a war against American troops. They are our ENEMY.
1. a person who feels hatred for, fosters harmful designs against, or engages in antagonistic activities against another; an adversary or opponent.
2. an armed foe; an opposing military force: The army attacked the enemy at dawn.
3. a hostile nation or state.
4. a citizen of such a state.
5. enemies, persons, nations, etc., that are hostile to one another: Let’s make up and stop being enemies.
6. something harmful or prejudical: His unbridled ambition is his worst enemy.
7. the Enemy, the Devil; Satan.
It is staggering and disgusting that, despite the hits our American troops are taking, our media finds itself incapable of taking sides and calling those who would kill us “the enemy.”
Feh! And it’s no surprise, of course, that Barack Obama, who can demonize a news station and a radio personality, is incapable of uttering those words either. What a bag of poop he is — and pardon me for being crude, but on the eve of Veteran’s Day, I’m simply disgusted by the whole damn lot of them.
UPDATE: I finally figured out what this foolish word play reminds me of. One of the more brilliant Simpsons episodes has as its centerpiece a musical version of A Streetcar Named Desire which, not unsurprisingly, gets all of the emotional notes absolutely wrong. So it is that Blanche’s statement about her dependence on the kindness of strangers morphs into “A Stranger’s Just a Friend You Haven’t Met.” That song seems to highlight our media’s idiotic attempt to make sure that America has no real enemies (except for Rush, of course).Email This Post To A Friend
10 Responses to “About that word “insurgents” *UPDATED*”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.