How Journolist and Oliver Stone each serve to highlight the other’s insanity

While the MSM would clearly like the whole Journolist discussion to vanish (as evidence by the fact that I haven’t found mention or, at least, prominent mention of it in any traditional print media), the fact  remains that it’s out there and it’s ugly.  The bits and pieces we’ve seen show major journalists and their academic counterparts to be petty, irrational, paranoid and illiterate, which really isn’t what you want in the journalist class of a healthy democracy.

While I’m sure that not all of the 400 participants necessary showed all, or any, of these behaviors at all, or any, times, it is sufficient that a critical mass showed these behaviors and personal failings at significant times — such as the times in 2008 that they were actively engaging in massaging the news to ensure that their chosen candidate had a clear path to the White House.

What’s also disturbing for me about the Journolist is the fact that so many of its members have Jewish names.  You’ll notice my careful phrasing there.  I don’t know if they’re actually Jewish or not.  I don’t know if those who are Jewish actually practice the religion.  And of those who practice the religion, I don’t know whether they practice the religion in a way that has traditional religious resonance, or is just the Jewish liberal bow to Rosh Hashana, Yom Kippur, and the Sabbath candles.  As to the latter group, assuming it existed on the Journolist, it’s easy to claim religion when you just go through the rituals.  It’s a little harder when you try to align your Torah with the Democratic handbook and the Alinsky rules for living.

I mention the Jewish thing here, not because I want to feed the minute, but venomous, Patrick Buchanan wing of the conservative party, but because it’s such a perfect foil to the latest lunacy from Oliver Stone.  During an interview with London’s Sunday Times, Oliver Stone — who is planning a helpful miniseries to put Hitler and Stalin “in context” — let loose with some old-fashioned antisemitic venom (emphasis mine):

The 10-part documentary [which Stone is planning] will address Stalin and Hitler “in context”, he says. “Hitler was a Frankenstein but there was also a Dr Frankenstein. German industrialists, the Americans and the British. He had a lot of support.”

He also seeks to put his atrocities in proportion: “Hitler did far more damage to the Russians than the Jewish people, 25 or 30m.”

Why such a focus on the Holocaust then? “The Jewish domination of the media,” he says. “There’s a major lobby in the United States. They are hard workers. They stay on top of every comment, the most powerful lobby in Washington. Israel has f***** up United States foreign policy for years.”

Goebbels couldn’t have put it better.

What’s so funny, in a sick, sad way, is that, looking at the Journolist, it really does seem as if there is Jewish domination of the media — except that the Jews doing the so-called domination are completely in sync politically with Oliver Stone.  They’re all left, left and more left.  They’re just all too dumb to realize that, when you get as far Left as Stone, the antisemitism stops being coy little references to capitalism, Israeli imperialism and Palestinian victimhood.  Instead, it becomes the active antisemitism that travels from Chavez’s attacks on Jewish businesses, to Stalin’s periodic kangaroo court purges and suppression of religion, to Hitler’s final solution.  (And I mention those three Leftist antisemites here because Stone specifically speaks of them as either admirable or misunderstood, or both.)

If you want to get away from “Jewish domination” and get into a more balanced media, with representatives of all sectors in American society you have to go to the conservative media.  There, you’ll find as mixed a bunch of people as you can ever hope for:  Catholic, Protestant, Mormon, Hindu, Jewish, Atheist, black, white, Hispanic, Asian, Muslim (a few), male, female, gay, straight, and some I know I’ve forgotten or haven’t even imagined.

These truly diverse voices part ways on some issues, especially social ones, but they remain remarkably unified on the core principles that have always defined America (whether not America has always been successful in practicing these principles):  small government, small taxes, maximum personal freedom, equal justice under the law for all American citizens, and strong national security.

Anyway, if you’d like more information about the journalists on the Journolist, I highly recommend this article on Noisy Room, which gives a clear indication of their media preeminence (and, therefore, their power to influence public opinion).

Comments

Book, are you planning to pass on the London Times interview of Stone to Mr. Book?

If you do, could you do me a favor and hold up a microphone when you deliver him the news? While I’ve often heard liberals rationalize the most atrocious statements made by those of their ilk, in this case I’m hoping that I might hear the sound of head exploding.

“If you do, could you do me a favor and hold up a microphone when you deliver him the news?”

Heh. I’m still waiting to hear Book do another audio cast.

Just imagine, Book. You can do it in your car and educate all the kids at once! You’ll be creating a revolutionary vanguard all by yourself by letting them hear your comments on modern day politics

So when the Left says that the Jews are evil and manipulating us for their benefit, they were talking about themselves, right?

When the Left called Bush and us fascists, they were talking about themselves, right?

When the Left said that we loved dictators and murderers, they were talking about their love affair for Tookie, Saddam, Pol Pot, Stalin, and rapists like Polanski, yes?

Of Course They Were

I am glad that I read , Who goes nazi coupled with the second place winner this week, The Razor.

It stopped me from steaming, foaming at the mouth and ranting like a crazed women, who knows no boundaries.

My mom used to say to me, ‘consider the source’.  I have and the source is very shallow, polluted swamp. Those that drink the water are poisoned.  They are the template of conflictual living. On one hand, they drink bottled and filtered water and  #hit where they eat.  You can only list so far left or right before you topple over.

5. Spartacus says

The heck of it is, there really are some good points to be made about seeing National Socialism in context.  I have full confidence in Mr. Stone to miss these points, while making many other erroneous ones, but there are good points to be made.

My fear is that we, as a society, do a poor job of recognizing statism when it rides in wearing a Happy Face mask.  We all grew up watching WWII movies that plainly depicted the Nazis: 6’4″, uber-athletic SS stormtroopers in black uniforms who never smiled, and enjoyed killing puppies in their spare time.  But while this is an iconic and easily recognizable representation of the Nazis, it does little to capture the complexity and variation of experience of a regime encompassing 40 million people over the span of twelve years.

The Nazis stepped over many lines which Weimar had never even contemplated stepping over; some were profoundly evil in and of themselves, but others, while seeming quite benign or even beneficent, served as warning signs of a national government that acknowledged no limits on its role or power.  Summertime youth cruises on the Baltic, i.e. crowding a co-ed group of horny teens onto a cruise ship together for a couple of days?  Could really stimulate enthusiasm for the NSDAP among the youth demographic — nudge, nudge — but astute parents would see it as the Nazis improperly insinuating themselves between parents and their children.  Bringing the Berlin Symphony out to play at a factory during the lunch break?  A seemingly magnificent gesture to financially humble factory workers, listening to the Ride of the Valkyries with moist eyes and lumps of national pride in their throats… only a few of whom would think to be uneasy at this microcosmic vignette of a government ingratiating itself to the people with their own money, and stepping far into the realm of self-advertisement.  Universal gun registration?  More easily identifiable as a step toward totalitarianism, but before Kristallnacht and other red flags, one could easily believe the officially stated reason of public safety; in fact, one would be afraid to believe otherwise.

Any American politician proposing to annex large parts of Canada in the name of Lebensraum… would not remain a politician for long.  Ditto for anyone suggesting that we round up all the Gypsies, Jews and communists and, uh, just put them somewhere.  So, hooray for us: we’re not yet as far along the road to fascism as Germany was in the 1930′s.  But how many of the things our government does are truly authorized by the Constitution?  In how many government databases, current or planned, is there more information about each one of us than they legitimately need?  What percentage of voters receive more money from the government than they give?  Has the government made any attempts to exercise control over large institutions, such as banks, auto manufacturers, healthcare, or the media?  And most importantly: with a couple of encouraging counterexamples, what percentage of the people are outraged at all of these things?  How many stand up and say, “Never mind where you are today… it’s where you’re obviously going with this that is unacceptable”?

We will always handily reject the black-clad stormtrooper exhorting us against the Untermenschen.  But what about the pleasant-sounding fellow in the Happy Face mask who talks about necessary shared sacrifices for the environment, equity, and the children?

Something tells me this will not be the focus of Mr. Stone’s latest work.

“But what about the pleasant-sounding fellow in the Happy Face mask who talks about necessary shared sacrifices for the environment, equity, and the children?”

Put a primed grenade into his mouth and throw him into the lake.

Hello, I’m not Helen Losse but I often channel Helen. This is what she has given me permission to say:

Danny, Morgan Freeman is suffering from what we Critical Race theorists call “false consciousness.” He has swallowed the lie that the way to stop racism is to stop listening to highly educated and qualified whites like me who have embraced their blackness and now relentlessly carry out our sacred obligation to keep reminding Mr. Freeman, over and over and over again, that he is a Negro and will always be a Negro and that a Negro is all he can ever be.

Glad I could clear that up.

… from the Great Soviet Encyclopedia rather obviously mirrors Stone’s own rhetoric about the Jewish dominated media;

“The main posits of modern Zionism are militant chauvinism, racism, anti-Communism and anti-Sovietism… International Zionist Organizations own major financial funds, partly through Jewish monopolists and partly collected by Jewish mandatory charities… influences or controls significant part of media agencies and outlets in the West” Serving as the front squad of colonialism and neo-colonialism, international Zionism actively participates in the fight against national liberation movements of the peoples of Africa, Asia and Latin America.”

Sadie, the moment I believe Zionism is crafted for neo-colonialism, is the moment I believe fascism originates from the “right”.

I’m edging towards the certain belief that Zionism, what it really is, is a Leftist conspiracy of Soroses and Mike Wallaces in the media to transform the Earth into a plantation, where the haves rule as masters and the have nots till the soil like peasants and slaves.

Ack, I forgot. I really really wanted to thank Helen for one thing. She was the first one to just jump out and call me racist. I got angry, but it was valuable experience. Because forever afterwards, I knew when somebody was calling me a racist that they just meant that I was pro-humanity.

And that’s nothing to be ashamed of. Wouldn’t you all agree?

Y:  Helen was a liberal reader who used to come and comment here during the 2008 election.  Although white, she felt very connected to black people, and was one of those who believed that it was America’s responsibility to vote for Obama, regardless of his qualifications, to atone for her racial sins.  This was just window-dressing, though, because Helen really couldn’t imagine a non-racist America.  In her view, all white relationships towards blacks are inherently racist.

Hey, heads up: Instapundit today has excerpted Book’s nut graf on this topic. Always neat to see her sitting among the big boys and girls.

Thanks, Charles.  I’d be lying if I said I didn’t love my microminutes of fame, but it always comes back to the fact that my conversations with you guys are the best parts of blogging.

14. Gringo says

Sadie, thanks for the find. While Helen presented herself on this blog as “I love everybody I hate racism..I’m just a sweet little old lady whom you would love to have for a next door neighbor” etc., this poem shows there was a decidedly snarky part to Helen. Reading that poem makes me feel like a fool for treating her in a civil manner, because that poem is NOT the production of someone who views the other side of the aisle in a civil manner.

Come to think of it, “You’re racist and I’m not” which was her basic line here,  is rather snarky. Call it the Chevy Chase approach to race relations. While she is a poet, not a thinker, her claim that one could eradicate racism was an exemplary example of scientific  reductionism, an attempt to apply the medical model of disease to human society. Why would a poet try to use “science” to explain the human heart? Sounds like the poet that couldn’t think straight.

If she ever dares to post here again, she may well get a parody of that poem returned to her.

BTW, Oliver Stone has issued an “apology” via is PR agency.
    In trying to make a broader historical point about the range of atrocities the Germans committed against many people, I made a clumsy association about the Holocaust, for which I am sorry and I regret. Jews obviously do not control media or any other industry. The fact that the Holocaust is still a very important, vivid and current matter today is, in fact, a great credit to the very hard work of a broad coalition of people committed to the remembrance of this atrocity — and it was an atrocity.

15. Gringo says

Ymarsakar
    She was the first one to just jump out and call me racist.

Count yourself fortunate if  she  was the first one. When I worked as a substitute teacher, I heard it enough – maybe once or twice a month- that  I rolled my eyes at it.  There is no point denying it. One time at the beginning of class I was asked if I hated Mexicans. My reply: “Por supuesto. ¿Me crees tonto?” [translation: Of course. Do you think I'm stupid?] In the two years I worked as a  regular teacher, I never heard it: students saw me every day and knew it wouldn’t fly.

My first experience w the race card many years ago could have been my last. I was sitting in on a conversation in a hippie crash pad on Telegraph in North Oakland  I had recently moved into – took over the room of a friend that left- and sat in on a conversation between house residents and a black guy who didn’t live there. The black guy asked for use of a “rig” – hypodermic needle. It was denied. [i wasn't a user, and moved out of the place several days later]. “Are you prejudiced?” Upon saying that he put a pistol to my temple. He directed us to lie down on the kitchen floor, while he ransacked the house, including the room of a black who lived there.
    That is why I have a low tolerance for those who play the race card to extract advantage, and when the race card gets played, I do not automatically assume that it is done to right an injustice. Good rule of thumb: whenever a whitebread liberal plays the race card, it is done to extract advantage.

I can’t figure out which was more entertaining. Ozzie or Helen after the results of the 2008 elections. All their predictions in 08 and before. The stuff they said about Soros, though Helen didn’t know enough about Soros to say anything.

I disagree with Oliver Stone in this respect. There are no conservative Jews in control of mass media or government branches. Leftist or fascist Jews? That’s a different matter entirely.

18. Bonzo says

Stop coddling the lefts, massive, pent up, hate.   Kick it.
    I rarely read Pat Buchanan.  I suggest that those who most hate and despise him are of the ‘JournoList’ type cabal.

It is clear that left Jews, left Catholics, left Christians, left plumbers, left blacks, left ‘elites’ support Zero.  Is a left Jew a Jew?  Is a left Catholic a Catholic?  Is a left Christian a Christian?
    Too many of my Jewish friends define Buchanan as if he is the ‘type’ for racist.  I’ve rarely complaned

The left IS racist, antisemitic, jew-hating, statist and totalitarian.

Stop coddling their massive pent up hate.  The left lies and mislead.

19. Bonzo says

Book said:
    ——–
    I’m sorry I left out the context.

Venomous?  Conservatives have no power.
    Venomous?  Like he’s building nukes or something?
    Venomous?  Like the left has been for 30 years?
    Venomous?  Because you are still guilty to call yourself conservative?
    Venomous?

I am not convinced you truly understand the lunacy we all are living.
    Stone is the face of left Judaism, left-identity.  Stone is the mind of Obama.

<B>Book</b>,

Is  there a way for you to enable the option on profiles to disable the visual basic editor?

On the wordpress blogs, I see it for mine, but the account I’m writing under here was created exclusively for your site.

21. Gringo says

All I know is that at one time on this blog, one could use all the standard HTML tags in comments such as:
    <a href=”URL”>NAME</a>   URL w title
    <blockquote> blockquote</blockquote>
    <I>  italics         </I> italics
    <b>    boldface       </b>   boldface
    And then one day, one could not.

So much for change always being for the good.

WordPress has two modes of writing, the visual basic editor and the html editor.

Something changed in the comment code such that the visual basic editor would always load when you load the page, disabling html editing. In point of fact, if you stop the page load at the right time, you can use the html editor. But a few seconds later, the page will load the visual basic editor. You can see this simply by looking at when those icons up top load.

Danny;

That’s a great clip of Morgan freeman.  As I haven’t watched 60 minutes in a couple of decades (I don’t like their “style”) Thanks for the link.

Two points I would like to add:

One:  It seems typical of those on the left that somehow or other Black History Month (or any other “token”) is a “cure” for racism.  Hence, the reason for Mike Wallace to ask that without Black History Month how are we going to end racism.  Too many people, expecially history educators seem to forget the original reason for Black history month, Black Miss America, etc was to address the issue of the mainstream ignoring these pieces of American history, etc.  Now, that mainstream American history education includes American black history it is time to stop the “token” nonsense.

Two:  I love Morgan’s answer to Mike Wallace on how to stop racism.  See me as Morgan Freeman, not as a black man, see Mike Wallace as Mike Wallace, not as a white man.  It is precisely because of this “identity” labelling that many people are held back.  I often throw into a liberal’s face (I know, I know , “throw in their face” is a rather violent image, so my apologies) that Paolo Freire said that there are many well-meaning liberals whose well-intentioned “good” deeds will hamper the advancement of the oppressed.  It is usually then that liberals don’t know what to make of me; a libertarian-leaning Republican in a blue state paraphrasing, a hero of leftist educators, Paolo Freire – I just broke their mold!

24. suek says

It seems to me that the problem is that first impressions are first impressions.  We see white skin, or we see black skin.  We make an initial assumption of cultural background based on skin color – which may or may not be correct.  Somewhere or other in the last few days, I ran across an article discussing the fact that people in uniform communities tend to be more connected than people in diverse communities.  In diverse communities, people tend to isolate themselves or connect with others of their same background.  If I assume that you are of a different culture, I’ll tend to stand a bit aloof.  If I assume that we have the same culture, the same values…I’ll tend to make a closer connection with you.  So…when we were in Europe, (this was a long time ago) if we saw a black man, it was likely that we’d approach him, expecting it was a fellow American (who also spoke English).  Us against them, so to speak.  Had we both been in the US, we might have ignored the same person.  The end result is that the strength of America has been the development of a common  culture – at least after the second generation descended from immigrants.  The intent of the Statists has been to divide us by identifying differences within the unity, isolating groups and then encouraging the distinctness of those groups by nurturing “diversity” – which sets us apart from each other.  We are no longer unified.  Black Americans need to drop the hyphen and become just plain _Americans_.  As long as they demand a separate identity, they cannot become accepted on an equal footing – they are “the Other”.

This is the problem with Helen and those who think like her.  She considers it offensive that WASPs “demand” that blacks accept the European based culture in order to be accepted as equals and integrated into the society that will allow them equal success.  But if they will not, then what are the options?  A completely separate social group?  What we formerly called segregation?  Dominance by the black social group?  How is that an improvement?  Success without integration?  how is that to be measured?  How is it to be gained?   Racial war?

I just don’t see how any good can come from “diversity”.  We need the oneness – a unity of purpose – while permitting…in fact encouraging…the uniqueness of each individual.

“United we stand, divided we fall. “  How very true.

25. Gringo says

Sadie, I guess we could call Helen gone but not forgotten. I watched it all. Do I get any Brownie points for having done so? It seemed to me as if they were trying VERY hard, as if they had to prove something. “Hey, look at me! I’m an anti-racist!” [doth protest too much?]

I feel no such need to prove something. One reason is that when I was young child I read the family history which my grandmother had compiled. A member of my family died fighting alongside John Brown at Harper’s Ferry. There was also a good story from the Civil War era and afterward in the history. I don’t believe my father ever mentioned it. It was there if you wanted to find it out.

I feel no such need to prove anything, given the above and feedback I have gotten about a time I was too young to be aware of the terms “liberal” and “conservative.” That is accentuated by others playing the race card on me. Sorry bozo, I don’t have to prove anything to YOU.

Helen and her friends feel the need to prove something . I do not.

The poem mentioned  the girls who died in the Birmingham bombing.One of the girls who died was a friend of Condeleeza Rice. But Condeleeza is a Traitor to Her Race, a house N@#$ to Dubya and Darth Cheney – though I grant Helen might not express it that way.  I find it ironic that Helen mentioned fugitive slaves in swamps along with Oilbama’s election, given that there were no American slaves in his family tree.

I couldn’t wait. Here is my parody of Helen’s Dubya poem. I kept her Kerry, gays, and  “heck” references. ["G of Treasury" refers to Geithner. Not enough space.] If you drop my parody and  Helen’s poem into an Excel spreadsheet, you can see how I mirrored her poem. In fact, I wrote the parody using an Excel spreadsheet. Line by line.

Campaign trail sigh and faint
    Rah! Rah! We got ‘Bama.
    Rah! Rah! We got ‘Bama.
    Rah! Rah! We got ‘Bama.

We been mean to Ahmadinejad
    So sorry we been so bad.
    Rah! Rah! We got ‘Bama.
    Rah! Rah! We got ‘Bama.

Churchill bust? To “heck” with old allies.
    To mortal enemies, we’ll make nice.
    Bend over! Rah! Rah! We got ‘Bama.
    Rah! Rah! We got ‘Bama.

Kerry says boat taxes are for thee, not for he.
    Only rubes do 1040s, not G of Treasury.
    Rah! Rah! We got ‘Bama.
    Rah! Rah! We got ‘Bama.

Attack whites opposed to marrying gays.
    But don’t attack blacks- they will fight not run away.
    Black Republicans are a bunch of Toms.
    Vote Kluxer Byrd’s ticket. Rah! Rah! We got ‘Bama.

We got ‘Bama. Backroom lege.
    We got ‘Bama. Ain´t we glad?
    We got ‘Bama. Who needs truth?
    Rah! Rah! We got ‘Bama.

Rah! Rah! Rah! Rah! We got ‘Bama.
    Shout then: Racist, Racist, Evil Dubya
    Stimulus bucks for the Ds
    Def’cit? What Def’cit?

Gringo,

You get not just Brownie points, you get clover clusters, too! I still own my Official Brownie pin w/two clovers. I’ll hand make you an additional clover for being able to go the 6 minutes -you’re a better man than I for hanging in there.

A most excellent poetic piece of work. All that’s missing is that tap, tap, tap of bongos (circa Beatniks).
    Oh dear, here I am with my Official Brownie pin w/clover clusters reminiscing about Beatniks.  I think it was the sound of Helen’s voice that drew my memories back 50 + years.

Wonderful family history, Gringo, rich with American History. I am first generation and some of the family history begins with the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem, followed by riots, followed by several hundred dead, followed by my grandmother getting out of Dodge City [Tel Aviv] with my mother in 1929.

Other installments by request only ;