Yeah, what she said about Obama’s adjective laden response to Ahmadinejad

When President Obama actually said bad things about Ahmadinejad’s remark (“hateful,” “disgusting,” etc.), I ought to have been delighted.  But I wasn’t.  And J.E. Dyer perfectly articulates why Obama’s little moment of outrage about A-jad’s speech left me cold.

Basically, we’re having government by a teenager.  His speech was the 13 year old equivalent of “Mom!  They’re being mean to me.”  The fact that this whiny conclusion may be true is irrelevant.  As we parents know, teenagers are ineffectual problem solvers under these circumstances.  More to the point, they’re disinterested in the bullying problem as a whole, and care only about their feelings in the matter.

Comments

Iran gets a bang for the buck. In 2009 it paid $4.3 million in dues. Israel with 1/10 of the population $10.3 million.

Iran sits on the governing boards of — to name just a few — UNICEF, the UN Environment Program, the World Food Program, and the UN’s flagship agency, the UN Development Program — as well as having acquired a seat earlier this year on the UN’s Commission on the Status of Women.

Jordana Horn, who is accredited by the UN to cover this year’s General Assembly opening for the Jerusalem Post. Horn recounts how on Thursday she tried to attend an Ahmadinejad press conference — on UN premises. Let’s be clear about that: This was not at Ahmadinejad’s five-star hotel. This was on UN turf, where Iran’s regime so amply avails itself of the equal dignity accorded in theory to all nations. But in this case, Iran called the shots, and the UN fawned and scraped along. Horn was kicked out of the room, when Ahmadinejad’s security detail discovered she worked for the Jerusalem Post, a newspaper of the “Zionist entity.”

Big deal, the US and some counterparts in Europe walked out on A-jad’s hate speech – what good is it if they keep returning to the scene of the crime that we pay for.

Thank you suek, quite a story. I got chills when I looked at Cherie’s childhood photo [my grandfather had made me a similar smock at about the same age]. I am not surprised or shocked that she had to dye her hair and be smuggled into the United States. The state department has been notoriously antisemetic. The grandfather, who made my smock or is it called a pinafore? anyway, he was born in Poland  1898 (days before WWI). He went to get a visa to leave the country and they promptly arrested him. I won’t get into the all the details here, suffice it to say – he escaped and was unable to gain entry in the U.S. (the pograms in eastern europe were in full swing at the time and ….I’ll leave it at that for the moment. He ended up in Argentina, stayed there for some time and eventually entered on an Argentinian passport.

Okay, the moment is up and if you are not familiar with the story of the St. Louis, read about it here.

“I doubt Ahmadinejad is bothered much by the whinnying of a gelding.”

Spot on. I’m going to add “gelding” to the string of descriptions I use when it comes to Obama.

4. suek says

Not that it matters much…but a smock is usually a cover-all set up, with buttons up the front or the back, and usually long sleeves.  A pinafore is a squarish top that covers just the front of a person, with straps/strings that go around the neck to hold the top up.  No sleeves, no buttons.  The bottom covers the front, usually about half way around the sides of a person, and ties in the back.  A pinafore is in the category of an apron, but fancied up.  The term “smocking” refers to a decorative style of gathering fabric,  so the confusion could occur because a pinafore might be smocked …but that wouldn’t make it a smock!!  Clear as mud, right?  You could probably look it up and find pictures, but be sure to distinguish between smocks – a style of clothing – and smocking – a style of decorative sewing.  Usually smocking is used on baby’s and children’s clothing.  I think that in home sewing it has to be hand done, and is really tedious work, although no doubt manufacturers have some miracle machine that does it in an instant.

Book, you’ve used the right word – “bullying” – that is the way Obama sees things.  As if someone were to just sit down and explain to the bully how his actions are making others feel then all the world’s problems would be solved.  hurray! Let’s give Obama another peace prize.

In the real world – someone needs to smack the bully alongside his head and then he might stop with his “bullying.”  Talk just never works.

“gelding” – another word that is a very fit description.  I’ll borrow that too!

Oy…my head is spinning my pinafore was actually a little girls frock with smocking.

Returning to the topic,  but now with a twist of Steve Allen to it, thank you much Charles Martel…..

“If there is a God, the phrase that must disgust him is – holy war”

“If there is a God, the phrase that must disgust him is – holy war”
    Reminds me of a poem by Vachel Lindsay:
    This is the sin against the Holy Ghost: —
    To speak of bloody power as right divine,
    And call on God to guard each vile chief’s house,
    And for such chiefs, turn men to wolves and swine:—

To go forth killing in White Mercy’s name,
    Making the trenches stink with spattered brains,
    Tearing the nerves and arteries apart,
    Sowing with flesh the unreaped golden plains.

In any Church’s name, to sack fair towns,
    And turn each home into a screaming sty,
    To make the little children fugitive,
    And have their mothers for a quick death cry,—

This is the sin against the Holy Ghost:
    This is the sin no purging can atone:—
    To send forth rapine in the name of Christ:—
    To set the face, and make the heart a stone.

(Names of other prophets, of course, may be substituted for the word “Christ” in the above)