Help wanted from you, my incredibly knowledgeable readers

One of the points my liberal friend has made in the last few talks we’ve had is that the Tea Party candidates are dangerous nuts (witness Christine O’Donnell’s flirtation with witchcraft when she was 16).  He claims that the Democrat candidates and politicians are models of normalcy.  I was wondering if you could help me put together a sourced list of insane, intemperate, bizarre Democrats, both candidates and elected politicians.  I’ll get it started:

Alan Grayson (D-Fla):  “The Republican health care plan is this: ‘Don’t get sick, and if you do get sick, die quickly.'”  “I apologize to the dead and their families that we haven’t voted sooner to end this holocaust in America.”

Charlie Wilson (D-Ohio):  Brutal wife beater.

Bob Etheridge (D-NC):  Assaulter of citizens.

Pete Stark (D-CA):  Wouldn’t dignify conservatives by peeing on them.

More, please?

Comments

Jim Moron Moran, Congressman from Virginia.  Allegedly assaulted his ex-wife, held a eight year old African American youth by the throat who he said was trying to steal his car, raged at a Catholic priest.

Moran also claimed: “If it were not for the strong support of the Jewish community for this war with Iraq, we would not be doing this.”

Recently, he claimed military service wasn’t public service and last year claimed the GOP ticket in Virginia was the “Taliban Ticket”

2. Mrs Whatsit says

I’ve got one!  Maurice Hinchey, D-NY, has claimed repeatedly that Bush intentionally allowed Osama Bin Laden to escape capture in order to provide a pretext for the war in Iraq.
    “And I think the main reason obviously for that was to be able to justify the attack against Iraq. If [Osama] bin Laden had been captured — the person who initiated and organized the attack of September 11, 2001, against the United States — then it would have been difficult to say, that in spite of the fact that we have captured the person who initiated that attack, now we have to attack another country that had nothing to do with that attack.”

3. suek says

“…the Tea Party candidates are dangerous nuts (witness Christine O’Donnell’s flirtation with witchcraft…”

I’d like for you to ask your friend why s/he considers witchcraft “dangerously nutty”.  After all, shouldn’t we be respectful of all religions?  That _is_ the reason why it’s required for the Air Academy to have a pagan worship site, and why those who are killed in the military, and who are pagans have a witchcraft symbol on their headstones.  Is s/he dismissing their religion?  all religions?

(yeah…I know…!)

4. Gringo says

1) Chris Coons, O’Donnel’s opponent  in Delaware, described himself as as a “bearded Marxist” in the Amherst student paper as a result of his time in Kenya. While the term “bearded Marxist,” may have had a bit of humor to it, as Coons now claims, the article in his paper sounds definitely more Marxist than it does Capitalist.

“The point that others ignore is that I was ready to change. Experiences at Amherst my first two years made me skeptical and uncomfortable with Republicanism…”
    “Kenya provided a needed catalyst; …I studied under a bright and eloquent Marxist professor at the University of Nairobi…”
    “Some of the ‘Leftists’ that I met were terrifyingly persuasive, although I never admitted that.”
    “…several professors challenged the basic assumptions about America and world relations with which I had grown up…and undermined the accepted value of progress and the cultural superiority of the West.”
    “I came to suspect…that the ideal of America as ‘a beacon of freedom and justice, providing hope for the world’ was not exactly based on reality.”
    “What do other nations think of us? Can private enterprise and democracy solve the problems of developing nations? Is Marxism an evil ideology, leading millions into totalitarian slavery? These were some of the questions in the back of my mind…”
    “I realize that Kenya and America are very different, but experiences like this warned me that my own favorite beliefs in the miracles of free enterprise and the boundless opportunities to be had in America might be largely untrue.”

“One of the points my liberal friend has made in the last few talks we’ve had is that the Tea Party candidates are dangerous nuts (witness Christine O’Donnell’s flirtation with witchcraft when she was 16). ”

You know, Book. I’m really really curious about something. If your friend thinks that’s dangerous, what would they think about my hobbies?

Gringo, Coons wanted it to be untrue. If it was true that this was a land of opportunity then his wealth and power would be of no particular worth. But if it wasn’t, then he could be of the elect and oppress all the peons underneath forever more. So Coons chose the philosophy he was most suited for.

Such is always the case.

7. Gringo says

Loretta Sanchez, a Democrat running for re-election to the House of Representatives in California in the 47th District, played the race card agtainst her opponent in a manner which Democrats claim is what Pubs and the Tea Party people do. Last month she made this statement in fractured Spanish on Univision:
    The Vietnamese and the Republicans are–with an intensity (emphasis hers)–of trying to take away this seat, this seat with which we have done so much for our community, take away this seat from us and give it to this Van Tran, who’s very anti-immigrant and very anti-Hispanic.”

[sounds choppy because that is the way she spoke.]

She very clearly implies that Republicans and people of Vietnamese origin are not part of “our community.” Van Tran, her Republican opponent, was born in Vietnam. Loretta Sanchez was born in the US. Yet according to Democratic Congressperson Loretta Sanchez, Van Tran, who was born in a foreign country, is “very anti-immigrant.”

Just imagine the furor if a white Republican had said the following: “The Mexicans and the Democrats are with an intensity (emphasis hers)–of trying to take away this seat, this seat with which we have done so much for our community, take away this seat from us and give it to this Juan Fulano, who’s very anti-Anglo and anti-White”

Examples of her fractured Spanish: “Vietnamentes,” when “Vietnamitas” is the Spanish term for “Vietnamese.” She also said “nostra comunidad,” when the Spanish for “our community: is “nuestra comunidad.” Perhaps she had been watching too many Godfather movies. http://hotair.com/archives/2010/09/22/loretta-sanchez-on-univision-the-vietnamese-are-trying-to-take-my-house-seat/

Suek, “I’d like for you to ask your friend why s/he considers witchcraft “dangerously nutty”.”

I’ll answer for him since his brain is under external control anyways. The answer is that he thinks that because he was told to think that. If his controller told him to quake like a duck and flap his wings like a chicken, he’d do that too.

That’s how this works. And if the cult leader told him to give all his worldly possessions to the cult, he’d do that too.

9. Gringo says

Mark Dayton, Democratic candidate for Governor of Minnesota, former US Senator, and lifelong department store heir [Dayton's- Target], has had problems with alcoholism and depression. That has not prevented attack ads against his opponent for a drunk driving charge decades old.
    Pot, kettle?

Minnesota’s gubernatorial election has become an entertaining spectacle for those who are untroubled by major-league hypocrisy.
    As we have noted here in the past few weeks, Democratic candidate Mark Dayton has run a sophisticated two-faced campaign. On the one hand, Dayton has spent millions in television advertisements depicting himself in warm-and-fuzzy situations. On the other hand, Dayton’s family and friends supporting the Alliance for a Better Minnesota PAC have paid for brutal advertisements attacking Republican candidate Tom Emmer. In today’s Star Tribune Rachel Stassen-Berger accurately notes that ABM has has spent weeks hammering Emmer with nightly ads that cite his decades-old drunk-driving charges.

10. Gringo says

Richard Blumenthal, Democratic candidate for US Senate in Connecticut, claimed to have served in Vietnam, when he had been in a Marine Corps Reserve unit stateside.

11. Gringo says

Harry Reid. Recall his remark in 2007 that the war is lost.
    Also his crack about Obama being electable because of his “fluidity” of dialects, though some may simply call that an astute political remark-
    I don’t know how anyone of Hispanic heritage could be a Republican, okay. Do I need to say more?”

Will he get the opportunity in January to say that to Senator Rubio in Florida, or to Governor Brian Sandoval in Nevada?

12. JKB says

Well, don’t forget Madame, they call me Senator, Boxer.  That was nutty since the general was being the very symbol of propriety.  A quiet word after if she really was annoyed but stopping in the middle of testimony?

I guess past Dems don’t count otherwise you could point out Robert Byrd and his Klan history.  Or how about Teddy Kennedy’s manslaughter?

13. Gringo says

Rep. Hank Johnson, D-GA, on Guam and overpopulation.

Rep. Hank Johnson (D-Ga.) is afraid that the U.S. Territory of Guam is going to “tip over and capsize” due to overpopulation.

Johnson expressed his worries during a House Armed Services Committee hearing on the defense budget Thursday.

Addressing Adm. Robert Willard, who commands the Navy’s Pacific Fleet, Johnson made a tippy motion with his hands and said sternly, “My fear is that the whole island will become so overly populated that it will tip over and capsize.”

14. Gringo says

Here is a blast from the past. Dr. Bob Bowman, the Democratic Party’s candidate for Florida’s 15th District seat in the House of Representatives in 2006, was a Truther on 9/11. He was also an Archbishop in the United Catholic Church, whatever that was.

Perhaps I am going a bit overboard on this, but I got a phone call today from the Democratic Party encouraging me to vote. I usually do not pick up such calls and let them die on the answering machine. This time I picked up the phone and said, “I am a former Democrat. I will never vote for the Democratic Party again.” Usually such calls are done by machine, but this time I heard an “Oh” on the other side, so I surmise that some Democratic Party activist heard my opinion of the Democrats. Made my day.

http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/184553.php http://hotair.com/archives/2006/09/06/truthermania-911-revisionist-wins-congressional-primary/

15. gpc31 says

Representative Alcee Hastings, impeached district judge, saying that “there are no rules, we’re making it up as we go along”.  Commendable honesty from a crook.

Barney Frank — poor choice of boyfriends over the years, from a male prostitute to a Fannie Mae executive to a pothead — has made many risible and wrong comments on Fannie Mae, among other things.  He is nothing if not intemperate.

Another Massachusetts Dem, John Tierney: his wife has been recently charged with laundering millions of illegal offshore gambling money.

Former Rep Cynthia McKinney is a real whack job — google her and prepare to be amused/appalled.

Nobody has mentioned Biden’s buffoonery?

Patrick “Patches” Kennedy gets a chapter of his own in the book of Kennedy crimes and follies, now in its 253rd edition.  Drug addiction, DUIs, you name it, plus the cringe-worthy congressional rant at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKC3AiQkmuY&feature=related  Such nobilty, intellect, and character!

Speaking of Kennedys, how about Chris Dodd making a waitress sandwich with Teddy back in the day?

Here’s another, more recent example of Democratic lunacy.  Rep. Anthony Wiener’s disgraceful rant at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4zwCMf8dsc&feature=related

There are dozens more…these are only off the top of my head…have to take the kids to school.

16. gpc31 says

Janet Napilitano, “The system worked” and “man-made disasters”.  Sheesh.  She looks like a Soviet commissar.

Van Jones, truther and communist, czar of something in the White House.

Anita Dunn, White House communications leader, publicly praising Mao has one of her heroes.

17. Spartacus says

We can’t forget Sheila Jackson Lee, with her frequent declarations that “I am the Queen!” and question about whether they could drive one of the Mars landers over to where the astronauts landed.  If only she had a reputation for deadpan humor.

And there’s “Baghdad Jim” McDermott, who flew over to Iraq before the invasion to express his support for Saddam, and also strongly insinuated that he had served in Vietnam, when he was actually posted as a Navy shrink in Long Beach.

But really, anyone who voted to put Nancy Pelosi or Harry Reid in charge… ‘nuf said.  And the fact that the Dems, as a party, haven’t enough of a sense of decency, a sense of propriety, or heck, even a sense of humor, to ask all these clowns we’ve listed here to step aside… ‘nuf said.

18. esurio says

Eliot Spitzer (former governor of NY) – resigned in disgrace because of involvement with prostitute
    Jim McGreevey (former governor of NJ) – resigned in disgrace because of extramarital affair with another man
    Al Franken – diaper wearer
    John Edwards – love child
    Though they just passed away, the destruction from these 3 will last for generations:
    Ted Kennedy – Chappaquiddick
    Robert Byrd –  kkk
    John Murtha – corruption and slander of Marines
    ———————–

Everyone:

Thank you!  Thank you!  Thank you!  When I wrap up time-sensitive legal work, I’m putting this all together into a post you can send to your friends who are worried that the Tea Partiers are a little to “out there” for them.

And don’t stop sending in examples.  I love them!

“It is wonderful to be back in Oregon,” Obama said. “Over the last 15 months, we’ve traveled to every corner of the United States. I’ve now been in 57 states? I think one left to go. Alaska and Hawaii, I was not allowed to go to even though I really wanted to visit, but my staff would not justify it.”

Did he confuse it with 57 Heinz varieties or the 57 OIC members?

21. stanley says

Barrack Hussein Obama: The ultimate communitarian: http://nikiraapana.blogspot.com/2008/04/abstract-anti-communitarian-manifesto.html
    Check this blog out and research communitarianism (and the anti-communitarian league). I wonder how many out there have heard of this widespread philosophy that has inundated our thinking with many not even being aware of it. Have you ever thought “something is wrong, but I don’t know what it is”. Nikki Raapana offers a well researched of what this “wrong” is. People make jokes about BHO’s most significant credential as being  community organizer. As it turns out community organizer is the perfect credential to lead us (US) into communitarianism and the joke may be on u.

22. MacG says

Peggy “Arizona does not border Mexico”  West

Nancy “You have to pass to find out what’s in it”  Pelosi

Barny “What Housing Bubble?” Frank

Barack “I’m not ready and I’m not of those people”  Obama

Maxine “Freudian Oil slip” Waters

Maxine “We do not have a crisis under Raines leadership” Waters

Gavin “Wether you like or not” Newsom

Joe “you’ve got to have an Indian accent to go into a 7/11 – no kidding” Biden or most anything else he says…musta been channelling Lisa Lampanelli

Barack “All wee wee’d up” Obama

Barack “My Muslim Faith” Obama

Barack “Change” Obama

I gotta get back to work (flexible hours).  This is too easy but more fun than work :)

23. patriot13 says

There’s always Al Franken, the ex-comedian who is now a senator for Minnesota.  There were some domestic abuse allegations that, I believe, conveniently went away.
    And then there’s Earl Pomeroy, from ND. (Of course, we’re all hoping and praying he’s replaced on Nov 2nd.).  Pomeroy yelled “that’s shit!” at a college student who asked a question about the fears about Obamacare costing more for the middle class.  Pomeroy also calls any ad put out by his opponents as an “attack ad.”  But most importantly, he forgets, until election time, what state he is from.  For example, he voted with Pelosi 97% of the time, including for Obamacare, something that he refused to hold a townhall about, because he knew 70%+ of NDans are deadset against it.

24. MacG says

“Sadie – MacG – Don’t they leave get-a-way cars running ;” Absolutely! About your comment re 57 staets being confused with the ketchup – I believe he Teresa Heinz on his mind at the time as the real force behind John Kerry … Oh yeah and speaking of Hypocrytes: John “I dock my boat in the next state to avoid my states taxes” Kerry

Illinois Democrat candidate for the Senate, Peter Giannoulias (a man who has never worn a uniform) accusing his Republican opponent, Mark Kirk (a commander in the Naval Reserve) an “economic traitor”.
    Illinois congressional Democrat Phil Hare saying, “I don’t care about the constitution” http://biggovernment.com/publius/2010/04/01/rep-phil-hare-d-il-i-dont-worry-about-the-constitution/

California Democrat Congressman Pete Stark saying “the border is secure” and that Republicans and Tea Party militia members want to shoot illegal aliens http://biggovernment.com/publius/2010/04/01/rep-phil-hare-d-il-i-dont-worry-about-the-constitution/

Pres. Obama giving Sen. John McCain the finger (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBMdWxcFXQg) and Hilary Clinton the finger (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DygBj4Zw6No) during the Presidential campaigns.

Stanley (post #32) thanks for jarring my memory….

Jean Houston became a close advisor of Hillary’s, and on numerous occasions she stayed at the Whine House for days at a time. She worked with Hillary through therapy sessions designed to help the First Lady reach her full human potential. Part of the therapy, often called “channeling,” included guiding Hillary in conversations with the dead—Eleanor Roosevelt and Mahatma Gandhi to be precise.

Sheila Jackson Lee and only because a) it’s current and b) Cynthia McKinney is not in office.

“Many of these incidents of voter intimidation have been occurring in predominately minority neighborhoods and have been directed at African-Americans and Latinos,” she said in the letter. “It is unconscionable to think that anyone would deliberately employ the use of such forceful and intimidating tactics in 2010 to undermine the fundamental, constitutional right to vote.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1010/44331.html#comments#ixzz13h93BjNC

28. Tonestaple says

Patty Murray hearts Osama bin Laden:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMGbmT5Rlwc

And Jim McDermott’s mere existence is a constant source of annoyance to me.  I friended the useless sack of crap on Facebook because I like to stir the pot by pointing out that Jim never ever thinks anything through.  The really ridiculous items come when Jim announces that he attended a play that had some pertinance to some issue or another, and his loyal fans actually thanked him for doing it.  They thanked him for going to a play and telling us about it.

29. stanley says

Suek,
    I have read that self interview and it is a good way to introduce communitarianism by answering simple questions. It is a huge subject to get one’s brain around I am still studying it. “Conspiracy thinking” seems in recent years to have discounted the idea that there may in fact be a conspiracy for a “one world government” just by saying: Oh, that is just conspiracy talk”. Yet, Geo H.W. Bush in 1991 uttered the words “A New World Order” in a speech in 1991 just as the US invaded Iraq for the first time, so to me that made the term “official”. I remember that day because I saw the utterance of those words as actually announncing to the world, without fear of objection (and there was none), that there is in fact a plan for a single world order. Now here we are almost 20 years later, with NAFTA, open borders, “free” trade, UN Local Agenda 21 issues in our communities, constant wars of intrusion into other countries, a suspicious economic crisis that has devastated the US middle class and etc etc. Could not maybe the “conspiracy” be almost mainstream?
    You may have been led to Nikki’s blog because I dropped it in a post I made on this website. I did this on purpose to see if there would be any interest generated from amongst the posters and Ms Bookworm who are obviously highly informed. I just wanted to see if anybody else had heard of communitarianism and been as surprised as I was that this thinking was so prevalent in society and especially in positions of leadership at all levels of government and was perceived as benign, if perceived at all.
    If communitarianism is “just a group of people who have decided that this is the way to achieve a perfect world” then as the Nikki’s blog points out it is making much, if not most of the US Constitution invalid. This also we seem to see with regularity now, especially with this bunch in power right now. I think this subject is interesting food for thought, or maybe I am just all wrong and it is not a big deal. Thanks for the reply. Sorry for getting off subject in this post Ms Bookworm.

Suek, stanley: Communitarianism

I’m familiar with large segments of what the post talked about on this subject.

The way I look at it is more of a global alliance, a global revolutionary movement that intends first to take power then a system actually designed to govern or solve problems.

In this sense, they are still taking people down. And in some places, they have succeeded and become the ruling elite. The alliance itself is made up out of many different people often contradictory aims. Islam and Leftist gays, for example, are bound in this agreement though they would normally be very happy hating and killing each other. In the case of Leftist gays, being killed would become the predominant state of being.

Their idea is that they first take down the status quo structures, then they will worry about which faction or ideology gets to rule. In various countries around the world, Iran for example, the mullahs took power with the aid of Leftists and Communists, then proceeded to purge them afterwards. This is a classic function of the Left. They never needed Communitarianism to do. It just exists as an alliance to defeat their greatest foe. The United States of America.

In the process, they have combined various tactics and strategies. Called by numerous names but you may recognize Alinsky tactics, robber baron exploitation of the weak, corporate and government corruption, police union and SEIU corruption, and so on.
    “Could not maybe the “conspiracy” be almost mainstream?”

You need to look at it from a grassroots perspective. The reason why people fly off the handle when talking about conspiracies is because they personally know nothing about the individuals involved. The individuals involved are working at the bottom up. They are not simply alone in some organization, hidden for conspiracy detectors to find.

Until you actually know the people involved, on an intimate level, you cannot go around making suppositions about whether NAFTA is part of anything.

If all you have to go on are suspicion, then it’s of no valid use in determining truth.

32. suek says

stanley…

You may be right that your link took me there.  I read various links, and some sites I bookmark for future reference…then after some period of following along, I either read the site regularly or delete it.  I’m not sure about that one yet.

Communitarianism is new to me.   The New World Order is more familiar – but it’s always linked with the term “conspiracy”.  I’ve moved on to trying to determine just what the goal is for NWO, and who benefits.  It seems to me that for something to be a conspiracy, there has to be a benefit to a limited few people.  Christianity, for example, could have been considered a conspiracy by the Romans – if the goal had been to tear down the Empire, and replace the Emperor with a Christian.  Instead, Christianity was a philosophy.  The NWO seems to me to also be a philosophy, and one which won’t particularly benefit any particular individual or individuals – even in a couple of generations from hence.  In fact, it seems to me that the concept of the NWO is very similar to Christianity – except that the NWO plans to impose its ideals through use of government.  The question that always arises in my mind is enforcement.  It may be a splendid – I think the UN was a great idea…but we see how that has gone! – but the human race has always had troublemakers – people who want it all for themselves.  How does the government react to someone who wants to seize all the power?  It’s easier to seize power if there’s a single head than if there are many leaders…which was the beauty of the federal system, and why the power grabbers want to install so much power in the federal government.  So…who watches the watchers?

It seems to me that when dealing with human beings, there has to be two oppositional forces that are kept in balance somehow.  Otherwise, someone will grab all the goodies.  Kim Jong Il comes to mind.

Anyway…I’m still trying to figure out how the communitarianism relates to NWO, and how we manage to oppose it.  And I think we must – oppose it, that is.  I guess you could say I’m a “States’ rights” person…even when it’s international!