The circumcision ban on the San Francisco ballot is driven by blatant antisemitism

I often say I’m shocked by something that crosses my computer screen, but that’s not really true.  I mean, I probably sort of shocked insofar as I’m surprised that someone has behaved according to type, but in an extreme way, or that something I’ve long assumed would happen actually did happen (or, in a surprising way, didn’t happen).  But I’m very seldom shocked to the core of my being.  Today, though, I was shocked, shaken really, by an email Zombie sent me.

Zombie has gotten hold of some of the campaign literature from those supporting the circumcision ban that made its way onto San Francisco’s November ballot.  I am not kidding when I say that the material is indistinguishable from something the Nazis would have prepared:

Go, read the whole thing, and prepare to scrape your jaw from the floor.  It’s horrifying, nasty, awful, evil stuff.  I read a headline today (and can’t, for the life of me, figure out where), stating that antisemitism is resurgent today in a way not seen since the eve of WWII.  This kind of garbage makes that claim — a claim I don’t doubt is true — resonate with real force.

My last word on the subject is that, in the 1930s, as now, socialism was politically dominant in the Western cultures that supported antisemitism, and Islam was (as has been the case for centuries) politically d0minant in the Middle Eastern cultures supporting antisemitism.

Antisemitism is a vile, virulent plague that will not die.

Cross-posted at Right Wing News

The Bookworm Turns : A Secret Conservative in Liberal Land, available in e-format for $4.99 at Amazon, Smashwords or through your iBook app.

[This post has been amended from its original publication to include an image, and to remove the throwaway line that the San Francisco Chronicle failed in its investigative duty.  It didn't.]

Comments

I really don’t get this. I know that the left has always been anti-Semitic, but kept it closeted for fear of offending American Jews and decent people.

But I guess, as American Jews self-destruct and soft-core anti-Semitism like “The Israel Lobby” gains entry to the salons of the elite, apparently we’ve reached the stage where this kind of vileness can be paraded openly.

I doubt that there are that many people left on the left in San Francisco who will protest this. Or maybe the perps will claim, as leftists always do, that they were trying to be funny and the humor was misunderstood, and they apologize if anybody was offended.

2. flor de la canela says

Hmmm, very interesting. Don’t these idiots know that about 2/3 of Muslims also practice circumsicion ? I wonder to what lengths these “champions of the oppressed” will go in order to justify circumcision when Muslims practice it.

3. Allen says

I have to admit this made me laugh. Not in a funny way, but in you have to be kidding me way. The Klan is alive and well in San Francisco? This is straight Klucker stuff, yes I’ve come across some of those reprobates in my time. They just as well have might done a picture of muscular black men holding the white women down on the pool table, while “White Savior Man” reacted. You know, to save something or the other.

4. BrianE says

This is beyond bizarre. I suppose I should never be surprised at anything coming out of SF.

From the commennts section at PJM:

“It is my opinion that a child’s rights to not be physically mutilated outweighs the parents 1st amendment rights”
    Do tell me how you reconciled in your leftism drenched mind how a male child has a right to his foreskin over his parents wishes, but a baby fetus has no right to it’s life over it’s mother’s wishes?

If that comic strip was intended to be satirical, looks like an epic FAIL to me. Where’s the humor?  All I could see was a grim nastiness.

6. Michael Adams says

Sadie,

They probably have forgotten the lessons of the past. This has definitely been tried before. I just hope that SF’s Jews have the backbone of the Macabees. If they do, well, heh!

And, yes, Book, there is little in the world nastier nor more illogical than antisemitism.

BTW, sooner or later someone is bound to claim that Arabs can’t be antisemitic, because they are Semites. However, the term was coined because someone in Germany got tired of saying Judenhassen.  (Jew hating)

They didn’t forget the lessons of the past. They learned them quite well. The best way to kill Jews isn’t through gas chambers. It’s through crushing them indirectly. That’s what they learned given the mistakes of their previous antecedents.

8. JKB says

My jaw was on the floor when I saw Zombie’s post.  That someone would publish that outside the crazy racist community is unbelievable.  They actually felt that it would be received well.

Allen, don’t think what you are doing isn’t obvious, trying to divert the responsibility.  This has nothing to do with the Klan as vile as they are.  This is pure unadulterated Progressivism.  This is mainstream Left.  And everyone need to see it and know it.  The only mystery is why they think they can stop hiding their true face now.

“That someone would publish that outside the crazy racist community is unbelievable.  They actually felt that it would be received well.”

Keep in mind that the “crazy racist community” you’re talking about has included Democrats for a long time. After watching what they’ve done to blacks in this country, I’d say they are fitting successors to the Klan.

10. MacG says

Book, of all the topics to choose from in the daily news I am glad to see that this one made the cut…uh so to speak…
    Dja notice they aren’t going after the Muslims Clerics for their participation is female circumcision?  It’s cuz they’d risk getting their heads cut off by the “religion of pieces”.

11. politicaljules says

So, do they plan to ban all men who are circumcised as well? Just run them out of town because they do not meet the law? Who is next, the Mormons? They are pretty unhappy with them too. I wonder what they will come up with to run them out of that now God forsaken town.

I used to want to visit, but it has become an evil place to live as far as I am concerned. Besides, as a Zionist and supporter of Israel I am sure I would not be welcome there.

All Jewish traditions aside, s a retired nurse, I shudder at the health consequences of these actions! There are medical reasons to have it done too. I fear we may have another disease trend on our hands that just may stem from that city of evil yuckyness.

12. Allen says

JKB, I’m trying to divert responsibility am I? Perhaps you are unaware of the role Jewish Americans played in the civil rights movement in this country. Perhaps you are unaware that the Klan holds an equal regard to Jews as they do blacks.

It still remains the simple fact, that only a screed like this could be run in the light of day is where people like the Klan hold sway. Good grief, are you unaware that a serious political movement in this country that was racist, anti-semitic, and anti-Catholic was the Klan?

Diverting responsibility… Bookworm expects a certain decorum here so I won’t go there. JKB, let me ask you something. Have you ever worked at a little country store in the south that was burned to the ground for selling to the mud people?

In the C S Lewis novel That Hideous Strength, there is an impending junction of two forms of evil-a modern science-based evil, and an ancient evil based on magic. Something similar is happening with anti-semitism. Emanating from the universities and amplified by by institutions within their force field, we have the modern anti-Zionism-morphing-into-outright-anti-Semitism. This has awakened the older, traditional anti-Semitism, which had previouslybeen on the decline but evidently still lurked in many subconsciousnesses.

14. BrianE says

Is there a place in America that has as overtly rejected God as San Francisco? Despite secular Jews attempts to distance themselves from their religious heritage, it follows them.
    Is it possible, on a subconscious level, this represents a deviant culture ‘sticking it to the Man’ and Jews are merely the conduit? Will liberal Jews get on board, since the campaign obviously focuses it’s attack on observant Jews.
    Do secular Jews have their boys circumcised?

15. abc says

It is true that the pictures are so appalling that they would make Goebbels proud.  There is no place for such antisemitism anywhere, and especially in a city that prides itself on tolerance.
    While the ancient Jewish people that developed the rule of circumcision could not possibly have known it, there are medical studies showing the health benefits of the practice, which is why it has been adopted far more widely.  While one could make an argument that modern medical treatments make it less important, and one should not be destroying nerves on one of the more important parts of the male body, this group hardly needs to attack the Jewish people in this manner to make the point.  They undermine that scintilla
    I must take issue with the false story about the rise of Nazism in Western Europe, however.  The idea, promoted in Liberal Fascism, that socialists enabled and supplied the governing ideology of the Nazi’s is simply untrue.  Antisemitism before Hitler rose to power was strongest in the southern parts of Germany and in Austria, where Hitler grew up.  It was the conservative Catholics that held these beliefs that supplied Hitler and the Nazis with their initial power, not the more liberal, left-leaning Germans of Hamburg and other internationally-oriented cities.  Having studied German history and lived in the country for two years, I am tired of hearing this false account of history repeated over and over again.  My teachers in college on this subject, by the way, include a professor from Israel (Judy Vichniac) and another Jewish professor who used to head up the European History department at Harvard (Charles Maier), who are both experts in the field, unlike Jonah Goldberg who authored that ridiculous piece of revisionist history.

Seriously, I am beginning to believe that ABC is from New Jersey, where name dropping reminds me of the tail-wagging ceremonial dances that birds of paradise make when greeting each other in forest clearings.

So, ABC lived in Germany two years and thereby understand the history of the Nazis. My own experience having lived in Europe for decades is Germany is the last place you want to go to learn about the Nazis. I also strongly suspect, in “probabilistic” terms, that ABC has never read Liberal Fascism. Not that that should stop ABC from pontificating about it, of course.

17. heather says

Just an observation:  A group that is strongly against circumcision is the “granola” moms.  You can even buy onesies for your baby boy to wear that say “Intact” on the front.  In a broad sense, I mean “granola” moms to include those that are into attachment parenting, homebirth, homeschooling for nonreligious reasons, babywearing, extended breastfeeding, no vaccinations, AND environmentalism.
    Of course, I am generalizing, etc.
    I just find it interesting, although I am not sure in my own mind if there any conclusions to be drawn.

18. abc says

Danny, I have read the book, and it has a ton of historical errors in it that make the book sell well in the conservative community, but which disqualify the book from the category of serious historical scholarship. The names I cited fall into that category, and your criticism of my naming them has more to do with your inability to differentiate experts from nonexperts than any desire on my part to name drop. This is the same pattern we saw in the AGW debate: conservatives Peter nonexperts if they supply confirmation bias to experts that do the opposite.

Heather’s observation about the unscientific and irrational beliefs of leftwing folks concerning vaccine risks is a good one. Both sides have false beliefs that are hard to break since they run counter to a narrative based on inaccurate ideas and facts.

I think our good perfesser is frustrated that he doesn’t have the power to grade us. Ain’t nothing worse than being a superior being in a place where the folks not only can’t see your superiority, but act as though they can live perfectly good and useful lives without it.

The noive!

(PS: No names were dropped in the making of this entry.)

A Democrat movement. When the Klan was ejected from the South or the Democrat movement, they moved north and lost most of their influence and power.

They’re such a minor issue now, that one wonders why Allen brings it up next to the far more dangerous and malicious insurgents in America today.

What do past injustices have to do with modern injustices?

This is like Leftist methodology where they think what happened 300 years ago somehow applies to what we should do now. It has nothing to little to do with what we need to do now.

22. JKB says

Allen, I am fully aware of the Klan.  What I questioned was your trying to associate this vile anti-semitic message with the Klan when there is no evidence to support it.  There is evidence to associate this message with Democrats, with Progressives, with Leftists, with socialists.  Or is there some confusion about who is promoting this initiative?

23. MacG says

Brian “Is there a place in America that has as overtly rejected God as San Francisco?”

It may not be as overt as the Folsom street fair here in Marin but we are the least churched county in the nation at last I heard 3-4% attend any kind of religious service whereas in SF it is around 20%.  People come to the west caost “to get away form that crap” as I have been told and I think SF is too radical for many them so they move across the bridge where they can be intellectually closed minded on the subject with their monetary peers free to poke fun at the opiated religious people.

JKB: “What I questioned was your trying to associate this vile anti-semitic message with the Klan when there is no evidence to support it.  There is evidence to associate this message with Democrats, with Progressives, with Leftists, with socialists.  Or is there some confusion about who is promoting this initiative?”

The Klan versus Democrats, Progressives, Leftists and Socialists…there’s a difference?

We should also point out that the Klan approached its zenith in American politics during the Democrat Progressive Woodrow Wilson Administration (its actual zenith, in Indiana, occurred during the next administration) and that Wilson expressed sympathies for the Klan and famously hosted a screening of “Birth of a Nation” at the White House to cement the racist Southern vote in his reelection campaign.

Meanwhile, it was the Republicans who actively campaigned against Southern racism and lynchings.

The Lib-Prog Left has done a pretty good job of rewriting history on this, however.

26. bizcor says

It is evil to circumcise babies….but not evil to drive a nail through a partially born child’s skull should they manage to survive the abortionist’s best efforts. Abortion of course as we all know now is quite civil and certainly not evil. And too we have to understand that the people who engineered the destruction of the World Trade Center were quite justified and were simply retaliating for all the injustices that were perpetrated on them over the years. I have to keep notes and refer to them often so I know what is and isn’t evil. Pardon me if I seem confused.

Wow, bizcor, you’re onto something.  And how about this thought question:

Suppose the orthodox Jews came up with a technique where they could circumcise a fetus prior to birth?
    Suppose the Muslims were able to perform their infant clitoridectomy on the fetus instead?

You can abort a fetus, but you cannot circumcise a fetus.  Hmmmm….

Hmmm, that argument doesn’t really make sense at all does it?  But then, if you allow that you could ethically circumcise a fetus, then why not ethically circumcise a born baby?

A public service campaign on infant circumcision wouldn’t have bothered me in the least; that’s what the marketplace of ideas is all about.  But no, our lovely Left goes right for the BAN!

And then they support the BAN with this vile, viciously anti-Semitic comic strip.  I’m still waiting for them to pull it, saying it was “a regrettable attempt at satire that went awry”.   Satire, really?  If you examine every panel of the strip, just try to spot even one aspect of actual *humor* in any of it.  It’s not there.  It’s not satire nor any other form of humor.  It’s pure, vile, anti-Semitic propaganda.  Any claims to “humor” are after-the-fact attempts to hide the vicious anti-Semitism they’ve allowed to flourish in their midst.

I said > A public service campaign on infant circumcision wouldn’t have bothered me in the least; that’s what the marketplace of ideas is all about.

I should add: private funding only, of course.  Much like the brilliant 80′s campaign: “Life. What a beautiful choice.”   Private funding only.

I think I did a crappy job outlining the Leftist dilemma in #39, so let me take up too much space and try again:
    1. The Left believes abortion is acceptable
    2. If you could circumcise a fetus, then circumcising a fetus must also then be acceptable.
    Because abortion is the killing of a fetus, and that’s OK, then certainly a circumcision must be OK.
    3. If the circumcision of a fetus is OK, then the circumcision of a born baby must also be OK.
    How could circumcision of a fetus be OK, but circumcision of a baby not be OK?  You couldn’t possibly make that argument…

4. The Left wants to BAN circumcision of a baby.
    5. However: the logical conclusion in #3 is that circumcision of a baby ought to be perfectly acceptable.  The Left therefore would never support such a BAN.  Yet they do.

So they have an unsolvable dilemma, if they ever think about it.  Which they don’t.  Think, that is.

If there’s anything wrong with the above, with how a leftist would have to proceed with #1-#3, let me know!

I’m tilting at windmills, I know.  It’s the same crazy inconsistency of feminists supporting radical Jihadists who hate everything feminists stand for, and the same thing for the gay-agenda leftist gays, supporting radical Jihadists who want to topple brick walls on top of them until they’re dead.

In this case, for the comic strip book and the whole banning effort, reflexive anti-Semitism, hatred of Jews, blinds them.  It’s got nothing to do with rationalism, or logic.  It’s just virulent, genocidal hatred.

Maybe they are scared of killing themselves, Devx, and want someone else to do it for them. One of the more common issues with people trying to suicide is that while their life is full of suffering, they are also afraid of dying. It’s only when the suffering overcomes their fear of dying, that they then try to kill themselves.

Since the Left lives in the lap of luxury surrounded by their fallen foes and their exploited slave class, they don’t want to die. So they’ll support Islamic jihadists that’ll do it for them. Perfect Nihilism, you could call it. Live the life of luxury, until the end.

There were two stages of the Klan. One was mostly Southern rebel based. The one immediately after was Democrat and terrorist in nature, which got suppressed temporarily by Grant putting federal forces into the South. Didn’t help the blacks any as they still got lynched in the middle of the night, and without black Republican votes, Democrats were voted into power in the South once more after the US Civil War killed hundreds of thousands to end slavery.

That was the first stage. The second stage probably came about afterwards, as Danny mentioned, during the 1900s. The Klan turned from a patriotic movement of moral persuasion headed by Civil War veterans and leaders, into an insurgency led by nobody and feared by all, into a Democrat organ for political JIm Crow status quo.

Mike Devx, the solution to what you think is a leftist dilemma is simple: The fetus is not a human, and it is OK to experiment medically on a non-human. (I don’t think PETA will intervene here, even though the suffering of non-humans is very, very important to it.)

[Martel listens as a leftist whispers to him.] Oh, the fetus is human but is not a person? I’ve got that straight now. As long as it is not a person, it’s OK to experiment on it medically. But why would parents cut off a non-person’s foreskin?
    How can a non-person’s penis be a matter of concern to anybody?

[Martel hears another leftist whisper.]  What?! The fetus is a person if the mother says it is? The mother has the power to confer personhood upon a fetus simply by saying so? Isn’t that magical thinking? What would Zach and abc think about such an irrational thing?

Whoa, Mike. Here I thought I could think like a leftist, but everytime I do, I find my brain tied in knots. Is it possible that leftist illogic has something to do with Marx’s legendary lack of hygiene?

The circumcision ban measure is still on the San Francisco ballot.

But it has just been withdrawn in Santa Monica.

(Now, if it’s a medical concern you have, how about raising funds for a service campaign, to promote public awareness of your position, influencing people; instead of engaging in the usual leftie “BAN IT” approach?)

From:

June 7, 2011 – A Santa Monica proposition to ban circumcision will not go on the ballot after its sponsor withdrew the measure Monday before any signatures had been gathered.
    Jena Troutman said that her measure titled “Genital Cutting of Male Minors,” which has garnered international press since it was filed May 19, was being misrepresented as a religious, instead of a medical, issue.
    Troutman also distanced herself from the comic book, Foreskin Man, written by one of the movement’s leaders Matthew Hess, that was condemned as anti-Semitic Friday by the Anti-Defamation League.
    “It shouldn’t have been about religion in the first place,” Troutman told the Jewish Journal in an interview Monday. “Ninety-five percent of people aren’t doing it for religious reasons, and with everyone from theNew York Times to Glenn Beck focusing on the religious issue, it’s closing Americans down to the conversation.”

And didja notice her last sentence:

“it’s closing Americans down to the conversation.”

What conversation?  You wanted to BAN the procedure!  What does banning have to do with “having a conversation”?

Ah, those lefties!

Ymar 51: I’ve heard that the Left wish to regulate the internet and ensure that you can only scroll down a number of times that will make things equal for other commenters.

Ah yes, that was part of the Democrats’ “Fair Internet Use And Procedures Act”, wasn’t it?
    ;-)

They also demanded in that bill that we slow down from 70 clicks per minute to 55.  It was a nationwide law, you see.  And even though New Yorkers click and scroll much faster than your average Southerner, they felt a nationwide minimum standard was necessary.  Something about when you click too fast, you’re in danger of losing control of various bodily emissions.  The pollution in the region surrounding your chair might become embarrassing.

Seriously, the Internet (and AM talk radio) shatters the left’s control of the narrative via the media.  They’ve lost control already, and they know it, and they hate it.  WeinerGate, kept alive by the internet blogosphere until, finally, finally, the regular media had to pay attention, is only the latest example.

80% of the MSM vote liberal.  They’ve abandoned any pretense to objectivity and are discrediting themselves practically by the day.

They can slow our side down but they can’t shut us up.  They want to!  But there’s no way they can.  The genie is out of the bottle and it’s never going back in.

Breaking News!

Apparently Rep. Anthony Wiener’s wife, Huma Abedin, has just completed a press conference announcing her support for unlimited circumcision rights. She was reported to have been holding garden shears in her Left hand during the entirety of her press conference.

37. bizcor says

Breaking News!

Love it Danny, Perhaps she should get in touch with Alaina Bobbit  (elaina?)

1. [...] –Bookworm Room: I often say I’m shocked by something that crosses my computer screen, but that’s not really true. I mean, I probably sort of shocked insofar as I’m surprised that someone has behaved according to type, but in an extreme way, or that something I’ve long assumed would happen actually did happen (or, in a surprising way, didn’t happen). But I’m very seldom shocked to the core of my being. Today, though, I was shocked, shaken really, by an email Zombie sent me. [...]

2. Foreskin Man: “features a litany of evil Jews doing battle with blond Nordic saviors”…

That provocative statement coming from The PJ Tatler at PajamasMedia as he writes about the anti-circumcision campaign brochure being disseminated by some in San Francisco: As you may have heard by……

3. An Observation on California’s Anti-Circumcision Campaigns…

By now, I would imagine that most folks have seen the blatant anti-Semitism of those supporting the bans on circumcision that have been placed on the ballot in San Francisco and Santa Monica. I believe the images and words of this “intactivist” liter…