I got thrown a bit off my stride — literally — yesterday, when I learned that my knee is in worse shape than I thought. It’s definitely fixable, but it will take time. I’ll find out in a week or two if I need arthroscopic surgery.
In the grand scheme of things, this is a very little deal, but complicates my life. I’m usually a binary person. Either I’m not moving at all (typing or reading), or I am moving, very fast and efficiently. Slowly limping around with a cane is a level of inefficiency that frustrates me a great deal.
I also hate having to stop my martial arts training. I’m at the age where missing a week has a bad effect on me. It will therefore be a challenge to get back up to speed if I miss a month or more.
On the good side, my kids are helping with household chores without argument. They may end up taking something very positive away from this experience. That’s certainly something to celebrate
Since I’ve been confined for the last 24 hours to comfy chairs with my leg elevated (Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation), it’s been hard to blog. In theory, I can write on my iPad. In fact, my WordPress doesn’t work well on iPad, and that doesn’t even take into account that my typo level increases like crazy on the iPad keyboard.
I will write today, but I’ll definitely be less productive.
In the meantime, please consider this an Open Thread. Also, check out the Watcher’s Council forum about the way modern American society marginalizes boys, as well as this week’s Watcher’s Council submissions. (Results out later today.)
- The Colossus of Rhodey – Just Don’t Repeat What They Say …
- The Noisy Room – Year of the Political Snake
- Simply Jews – Bibis’ conundrum: a forecast attempted
- Joshuapundit-White House On Benghazi: ‘ No More Questions!! ‘
- The Political Commentator – If WWII ended today, would it still be called a ‘Surrender Table’?
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Drones Gone Wild!
- Rhymes With Right – The Problem With The ObamaCare Birth Control Regulation
- The Right Planet – I Want My Machine Guns Back
- The Glittering Eye -The Irony, It Burns
- The Razor – Pope Benedict XVI Resigns
- Bookworm Room – Explosive new book: Obama administration up to its neck in covert acts that caused Benghazi deaths
- VA Right! - The Commonalities Between Cop Killer Christopher Dorner Worship and Obama Worship
- Gay Patriot – Why doesn’t City of LA attend to its uneven sidewalks?
- The Mellow Jihadi – A Bigger Feminist: Beyoncé or Maggie Parker?
- Ask Marion – America – Land of the Mis, Under and Low Informed
- The Pirate’s Cove – NY Times: It’s Not Easy (Or Cheap) Being Green
- Right Reason – Is John Brennan a Muslim?
- Wolf Howling – Finally: The DOJ Charges S&P With Fraud In Rating Sub-Prime Backed Securities
- Weekly Standard – Hagel: Israel’s Nukes More of a Threat than Iran’s submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Kimberly Bloom Jackson/American Thinker –Children Deserve to Be Defended submitted by The Noisy Room
- The Dissident Frogman – President Obama, he goes shooting all the time submitted by Simply Jews
- Amity Schlaes – The Small Presidency submitted by Joshuapundit
- Adina Kutnicki -John Brennan, Obama’s CIA Pick, IS A Muslim Convert…Brotherhood Mafia’s Infiltration Near Complete submitted by The Political Commentator
- Latitude blog/New York Times – Pakistan’s Media Police submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Allergic To Bull – The Map of Hate submitted by Rhymes with Right
- Dr. Benjamin Carson – Dr. Benjamin Carson’s Speech at the National Prayer Breakfast submitted by The Right Planet
- Joel Kotkin/NewGeography.com – The Cities Winning The Battle For The Fastest Growing High-Wage Sector In The U.S submitted by The Glittering Eye
- The People’s Cube –Cardinals Mull Obama Papacy submitted by The Razor
- WSJ/William Kristol & Peter Wehner -The Absentee Commander in Chiefsubmitted by Bookworm Room
- Heritage.Org – Morning Bell: Obama’s Bogus State of the Union Promises submitted by VA Right!
- Jennifer Rubin/Right Turn -Comeuppance for Menendez, Obama and Hagel submitted by Gay Patriot
- Michelle Malkin –Latest embarrassment from the legitimate news media: Sarah Palin joining Al Jazeera submitted by The Mellow Jihadi
- Michele Rhee – My Break With The Democrats submitted by The Watcher
- Michael Totten – Radical Islam’s Global Reaction: The Push for Blasphemy Laws submitted by The Watcher
9 Responses to “Friday morning open thread — and Watcher’s Council nominations”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.