One of my Facebook friends who is, like me, a refugee from the Left, put together a perfect summary of what came out of today’s testimony. If you’re on Facebook, please share this article or just block and copy this summary and send it around:
What have we learned so far the from Benghazi hearing:
1. Security support was denied before and during the September 11, 2012 terrorist attack on the US Benghazi Consulate by the State department.
2. Ambassador Stevens’ last words “Greg, we are under attack!” [To Greg Hicks – his second in command in Tripoli]
3. It was clear to everyone in Libya that this was a coordinated attack – NOT a demonstration over an obscure YouTube anti Islam video.
4. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton talked to Mr. Hicks – then the top diplomat in Libya – during and after the attack. She knew exactly what was going on.
5. During the attack, President Obama did not speak once with the Pentagon, and most likely went to bed while a US embassy was under attack.
6. Five days later UN ambassador Susan Rice in a media campaign orchestrated by State tells the world repeatedly that this was a demonstration over the anti Islam video – no one consulted Gerg Hicks – now the top diplomat in Libya over the talking points.
7. The obscure movie maker is jailed (and is still in jail in California)
8. Greg Hicks – the top diplomat in Libya – is shocked and embarrassed by Susan Rice’s appearances. When he raises the issue with his superiors at State they turn hostile.
9. When a congressional investigation team comes to Libya, Greg Hicks – still the top diplomat in Libya – is ordered by State Department lawyers for the first time in his 22 year long career not to talk to a Congressional committee. A State Department lawyer is sent along with the committee to make sure Hicks is kept away.
10. When he does talk to the committee, a furious Hillary Clinton’s chief of staff, Cheryl Mills, calls Hicks and demands an explanation and a report.
11. Gregory Hicks – a diplomat with a stellar record – has been harassed by the State Department and has not had an appointment since the Benghazi affair.
To which I will add what I’ve said before, this is Watergate (crime and cover-up), Iran-Contra (probable arms running), and a possible new one — an American president and Commander in Chief who deserves to be court-martialed for gross dereliction of duty.