Nothing slows the Watcher’s Council down. No matter how grim the headlines, we go forward with our weekly effort to find the best commentary on the state of our world. Here, verbatim, is the nominations post from the Watcher’s Council:
Strange days, indeed..prescient, or just a reverberation?
Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere, and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council.Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday morning.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
To bring something to my attention, simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title and a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address (mandatory, but of course it won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category. Then return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out on Wednesday morning
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have for you this week….
- Don Surber – Stephanopoulos made the Clinton Foundation dirty
- The Noisy Room – Di Blasio’s “Contract For Communism”
- Joshuapundit–Ramadi Falls To ISIS In A Major Victory – And Why It’s Important
- The Razor – Islamic State a Leftist Nightmare
- The Right Planet – How Democrats ‘Celebrate’ Memorial Day
- Bookworm Room – Feminist claims that bad consensual sex equals rape victimize women just as surely as the McMartin trials victimized children
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Angels Of Palestine
- VA Right! – Bill Janis Unleashes the Flying Monkeys!
- The Independent Sentinel – Words Matter: Michelle Obama Refers to the US as a Constitutional Democracy at Oberlin
- The Glittering Eye –They Wrote What They Saw, Memorial Day, 2015
- Nice Deb – Ralph Peters: Release of Bin Laden Docs Timed To Divert Attention From Ramadi Embarrassment
- Ask Marion – EPA Supports Monsanto Roundup
- Rhymes With Right – Be Kind To Wheelchairs
- The Pirate’s Cove – People Very Upset Over Gentrification In San Francisco’s Mission District
- Wolf Howling – The Left’s New Definition Of Racism And Rape
- Simply Jews – On some peculiarities of Russian political discourse
- Seraphic Secret – Obama’s Jews -FOX News
- Washington Post – Save Obama (On Trade) submitted by Don Surber
- Mark Steyn –Nothing Another 42,000 Airstrikes Can’t Fix submitted byThe Noisy Room
- Sultan Knish – De-Islamization Is The Only Way To Fight ISISsubmitted by Joshuapundit
- Walter Russell Mead/Via Meadia –Obama, Anti-Semitism and Iransubmitted by The Razor
- The People’s Cube – Stages of the Progressive Agenda submitted byThe Right Planet
- Quin Hillyer/NRO–At Sea in an Alien Culture, Where ‘Normal’ Is Defined as ‘Deviant’ submitted by Bookworm Room
- The Daily Beast – With Help From ISIS, a More Deadly Boko Haram Makes a Comeback submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- TeaParty.Org – Pamela Geller Plans Muhammad Cartoon Bus Ads for Washington D.C. submitted by VA Right!
- Ammoland –Barack ‘Climate Change’ Obama submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- Walter Russell Mead/The National Interest – Obama, Anti-Semitism and Iran submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Victor Davis Hanson –Disasters At Home And Abroad submitted byNice Deb
- Reclaim Our Republic –MB Obama Amnesty BLOCKED AGAIN – Australia Considers Tougher Citizenship Tests submitted by Ask Marion
- Robert Tracinski/The Federalist – Why Does the Left Kowtow to Islam? submitted by The Watcher
- NewsBusters – Bob Woodward: Wrong, Bush Did Not Lie Us Into Iraqsubmitted by The Watcher