Catherine the Great’s beloved Grigori Potemkin used to be her advance man as she toured Russia. He become famous in history for building entirely false villages in the recently conquered Crimea to elevate the status of her new conquest: Potemkin villages were purportedly fake settlements erected at the direction ofContinue reading
Although I blog for the love of blogging, I am always grateful for donations. If you would like to donate, please go here.
- History, Holidays & Observances on January 28
- Why I haven’t said anything about Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Prohibition and the Great Society show that the government should not legislate vast social trends
- My problem with rape accusations against famous men
- History & Observances on January 27: Holocaust Remembrance Day