Prayers for Rush Limbaugh *UPDATED*

Rush was taken to a Honolulu hospital in serious condition with chest pains.  I hope it’s nothing more than angina or indigestion.  He is a national treasure, something that becomes especially obvious when he has guest hosts sitting in, as he does now, during the holiday season.  No matter how good they are, they’re not as good as he is.

Hat tip:  Brutally Honest

UPDATE:  Since I’m getting links for this fairly bald little post, I feel as if I should add something.

The something I’d like to add is that I came late to Rush Limbaugh.  Throughout most of his broadcast history, my only knowledge of him came through the MSM and, especially, through Al Franken’s nasty attack on him which I, then a liberal, thought was the funniest book ever.

It’s only in the last few years that I’ve actually listed to Rush without having my opinion of him created and filtered by the Leftist media.  I’ve learned in those years that Rush is extremely well-organized mentally, which is a gift in someone who hosts a daily three hour radio show; he has an extraordinary knack of explaining, simply and correctly, current political events and political thinking; he’s incredibly funny, with the ego derided by the Left being a pose, rather than a personality trait; and he’s remarkably prescient, no doubt because of his his brains, analytical ability of fund of knowledge.  He is, as I said originally, a treasure, and it would be tragic if something were to happen to him at this pivotal moment in American history.

Be Sociable, Share!
  • Pingback: Limbaugh Hospitalized, possibly in serious condition | Political Byline()

  • highlander

    To your list of Rush’s virtues, I would add honesty.  He obviously either has a great research staff or he puts in an immense amount of time fact-checking or both.  On the rare occasions when he has been wrong, he quickly admited his mistakes and corrected them.
    When the future seems really dark, as it does now, I turn to Rush for hope.  My prayers are with him for a speedy and full recovery.

  • http://ymarsakar.wordpress.com/ Ymarsakar

    <B>on him which I, then a liberal, thought was the funniest book ever.</b>
     
    One’s character is best proven by the enemies one has, Book.
     
    The more enemies we have that are disgustingly vile and in need of killing, the farther on the side of justice we become.

  • Mike Devx

    My path to Rush was remarkably similar to Book’s.  In the beginning I found myself agreeing with him less than 50% of the time, yet even with that less-than-half agreement, when I agreed with him I found him remarkably clear and cogent.  And very entertaining.  For the more-than-other-half where I disagreed, I thought he exaggerated claims or was too one-sided, leaving out too much of the story.
     
    These days I agree with him more than 80% of the time, I’d guess.  And the other 20% of disagreement is the same it’s always been – an overemphasis on only part of the story, shading it too much to one side for my own sense of what’s true.  To me he’s the best of the radio commentators, by far.