What was Michelle thinking?

Michelle Obama’s fashion advisors must really hate her.  Otherwise, how do you explain a dress that is so incredibly unflattering?  First rule of women’s fashion — never, never wear clothes that give you the underarm equivalent of a muffin top.  Also, referring to my post yesterday, my friend is right, in that Michelle looks miserable.

Comments

She’s taking out her revenge by “acting out” in the fashion sense and daring people to criticize her. Then she’ll go ballistic on them and tell herself that her anger is justified.

2. Tonestaple says

Someone hates her, maybe a lot of people.  The hair is great, the dress color is great, but this one time, I would guess Michelle sometimes looks like a sourpuss because she is in intense pain and there’s no way to get out of it for hours.  The way she’s bulging over the top of that dress, it has to be very, very tight.  It’s possible that her stylists hate her because she won’t allow them to do the multiple fittings necessary to prevent problems like this.  Or it’s possible they just flat hate her.

There comes a time in a woman’s life, no matter what size, it’s time to dress age appropriate – unless of course, you are a back-up singer for a rock band.

I’ve got no fashion sense.  I thought the dress looked just fine.  I thought she looked great in it, as a woman.

But I also thought it lacked the kind of gravitas and class that defines a First Lady Of The United States.

Her unhappy and miserable expression, though… that’s a complete nutha thing.  How ridiculous!

Mike Devx
    I’ve got no fashion sense.
    Nor does she and for the very reasons you described. No chance of confusing her with Laura Bush.  Her expression is called ‘tude’  and there is no shortage of it in the WH.

6. expat says

Her clothes say “Look how hard I’m trying to be cool.”  If she had real class,  she wouldn’t have to try so hard. She has progressed from trying to find herself at Princeton to saying “I won.”  Maturity and graciousness still manage to elude her.

She does look awfully grumpy.

If I were in charge of the little illustrations that accompany dictionary definitions, I’d put her photo next to the new compound noun I just invented, the “be-careful-what-you-wish-for.”