Why Obama Wants You to “Turn On, Tune Out, and Drop Out” — by Guest Blogger Robin of Berkeley

To:  American Citizens
From:  Your Government
Date:  Today

It has come to our attention that citizens on your side of the aisle (“WN’s”, aka Wing Nuts) are doing a lot of talking.  What in the world are you gabbing about?

Talk Radio, talking amongst yourselves, chatting on the Internet.   What is with you people?  Haven’t you ever heard of:   “Turn on, Tune in, and Drop Out?”

This government feels that all this talking is in direct violation of the First Amendment.  Regulations Czar Cass Sunstein is working out the details.

In the meantime,  your government is issuing the following directive regarding inappropriate conversation topics.    Because we are the most transparent government in the history of humankind, we will also include a comprehensive list of acceptable topics.

Unacceptable Topics:

1. Radical Islam:

Why are you WN’s making a big fuss about Islam?  Muslims are conservative, religious people with big families.  Aren’t they just like Christians, only their wives aren’t as hot?

President Obama is working night and day to befriend our Muslim neighbors.  In fact, he may or may not be one of them.

Didn’t you people ever listen to Mr. Roger’s Neighborhood?  Remember a stranger is just a friend you haven’t met yet.

Your judging and criticizing our new friends’ lifestyle is not acceptable in any way, shape or form.   Thus, we are requiring the following new terminology, effective immediately:

“Jihad” — instead please use the term, “religious freedom.”

“Honor killings” — “family values”

“Terrorists” — “freedom fighters”

“Clitoridectomies” — “cosmetic surgery”

2.  Undocumented Workers:

Again, you WN’s are a bunch of sourpusses.  What is wrong with having a bunch more pals from South of the Border?  You act like some of them are drug runners, rapists, kidnappers, and thieves.

Didn’t you people learn to share as children?  The Obama Administration has simply embraced what your mom and dad taught.  We want you to share your emergency rooms, wages,  public schools, and health care with these new friends.

3.  President Obama:

Again, all these questions:  Where was Obama born?  Were his parents Communists?  Where are his school records?  Is he a Muslim?  Why doesn’t he like America?  What are his ties to domestic terrorist Bill Ayers?

Blah, blah, blah.  Yada, yada, yada.  All you need to know is this:  He’s black.  He’s cool.  He dances, he parties, and he has amazing pecs.   And, most importantly, he is not George W. Bush.

This information satisfies liberals — why not you?

4.  The Czars:

Yes it’s true that President Obama has appointed over 30 (sorry, we’ve lost count) Czars.  No, they are not vetted by Congress.   Yes, many appear to be card-carrying socialists or recent discharges from a psych ward.

However, this secret cadre of Czars is absolutely essential to this administration’s agenda.  How in the world can the Democrats radically transform America if you busybodies are all up in their business?

5.  Criticism of Congress:

Public approval of Congress keeps reaching new lows.  Why all this distrust?   When there was a Republican government,  any and all attacks,  demonstrations, and ambushes were necessary.

But this is a Democratic government.  We are the good guys.  When the Democrats are in office, the country can relax.  Leave the driving to us, dude, and take a chill pill.

6.The Mainstream Media:

You people have objected loudly to the MSM’s  swooning over Obama.  Aren’t you being a tad unfair?

Yes it’s true that reporters have been head over heels for Barack.  But these reporters are living, breathing human beings.  Don’t they have needs and desires like any other person?

7.  Misogyny on the Left:

Some of you keep criticizing the Left’s bad treatment of women.     Yes, it’s true that it’s been open season on women, like objectifying Sarah Palin and abusing Michelle Malkin.  True, the Left is not known for giving women any respect.

I hate to break the news to you, ladies.  But liberals don’t give a whit about sexism.  The only “ism” that’s making headlines is racism.

Sexism is so 1970’s.

8.  Black on White (and Asian) Crime:

Yes the statistics are alarming.  But that’s only if you actually read them and publicize them.

True, in San Francisco, 85% of the strong arm robberies are blacks against Asians.   And yes, there have been reports that blacks murder whites at 50 times the rate of the reverse.   There were over a million violent black on white crimes in 1992, compared to over 100,000 white on black crimes.

And we’ll concede that the gang culture, enabled by liberalism, glorifies violence toward others, particularly police and women.    Of course, it’s true that liberal attitudes have so infected the schools and the courts that the perps barely get a slap on the wrist.

But let me make one thing perfectly clear:  this is an unacceptable topic.   Why?  I think you know why by now, you racist.

Acceptable Topics

There are many topics that all citizens are free to discuss at will.

George W. Bush — especially his association to the Prince of Darkness.

Sarah Palin — particularly how crazy she is.

Israel — as long as words like “occupier” and “apartheid” are used.

Tea Parties — especially ties to Neo Nazis and the KKK.

Sincerely,

Your Government

Robin is a licensed psychotherapist and a recovering liberal in Berkeley.   She has written numerous articles for American Thinker.  You can send her an email at robinofberkeley@hotmail.com.

Comments

Oh, I get it now…

It’s like taking a Greyhound bus trip across America, with the radio blasting and the illegal alien driving the bus, floors it while whizzing by the scheduled stops and if the passengers behave he’ll stop at a railroad crossing and tell us it’s a ‘pit stop’ and all of this in reverse.

I feel much better. Thank you Robyn. I’d send a postcard, but the pen would probably be classified as a weapon.

Deliciously elegant, and totally on target. This is one of the many reasons my husband and I haven’t had “the plug-in drug” in our house for almost 15 years.

All us long-time WNs have been reading great stuff like this piece by Robin for decades.

Anyone ever hear the one about the New World Odor, or the one about, as Dwight Eisenhower put it back in the 1950s, the unholy rise of the military-industrial complex? What about the one about the ruination of the dollar by the banksters - those same scum-bags recently bailed out by that great tax-sucking firm of Barak, Congress & Co.?

That same firm, with Joe Lieberman the Despicable Unconstitutional Mouthpiece, is now promoting this next fabulous idea: Hey kids, let’s pass a law giving the President unilateral power to shut off the Internet in the event of a national emergency (or even an “emergency”!)

That way, when enough stuff like Robin’s appears to be really activating all the WNs to the point at which they may actually want to rescind their power, our Overlords can handily declare an “emergency” and shut all us WNs the hell up. All for our own good, and the good of the country, of course…

Now a bit of good news: As a recovering Sixties liberal and a long-time Ron-Paul-supporting WN, what I appear to be observing, fellow WNs (and WN-wannabes who may be waking up) is this: there is increasing evidence re: His Imperial Barakness and his teeming, leg-tingling masses of one-time worshipful acolytes that, for many of them, the puerile, garish bloom is wearing off the turd, so to speak.

Even some hard-core Barakophiles with their heads lodged firmly up their butts (or, more accurately, up Obama’s) are starting to ask, “What IS that horrid stench?”

To paraphrase, one can give a false idol enough rope and eventually he’ll hang himself. And speaking of things that are false - that book of old-fashioned wisdom commonly read by many warns that one should beware of false prophets…

Don’t some of you Biblical types out there agree with me that The Obammessiah brings a ghastly new perspective to the legend of the Golden Calf?

I keep telling myself that the bigger they come, the harder they fall. Given the scary speed amount of damage they’re managing to do, though, what I’m losing sleep over right now is this: how much damage they’ll manage to do to all of us before they inevitably plummet, how many of us they’ll take down with them, and what’s it going to be like when they do so.

3. bizcor says

Bravo Robin of Berkley well written, I agree. I also viewed the you tube video of the man being asaulted. I am concerned ladies and gentleman, very concerned. Fearful is really the word. Even if we were are successful in 2010 and return conservatives to the majority in the US Congress and Senate are we going to be able to restore order in the courts? Even if we find a “Ronald Regan” in 2012 will he/she be able to  return us to a nation of reasonability? Sincerely I hope so. This country has become so devisive though I am fearful that the “left” will continue to be so disruptive we will not be able to restore order to the country. We are so PC now that any attempt to remove entitlements from the system will cause a violent revolt and many entitlements must be removed. William Ayers had no problem with bombing Federal buildings in the past. With his and other’s teaching in academia what will ensue in the future? Childen are being taught that America is wrong. is that right? The following is a snipet of the coversation with a friend’s daughter the other day. Oh, you haven’t met an “American Muslim” I was told. Actualy they are so cool she said. (College Coed 19 years old.) They don’t believe in JIhad. The times square bomber comes to mind but never mind thay are really cool honestly. Bookworm has Bill Maher as the the most repugnant person in the room I would like to nominate Michael Moore as his 2nd. Obama “fa ged a boud it”. Moore is repugnant. I have seven grandchildren with two more on the way. Will they in their next 60 years be able to live as I have for the past 60 years? I hope they do. Hopefully they won’t have their heads in the sand as we have. Much of the fault lies with my generation. While we were busily working to achieve success we have allowed others to usurp our freedom to the point it may never be returned. I sincerely hope and pray I am wrong, but look what is happening. Illegals flow across our southern border as easily as water goes through a seive. When the Legislature and The Governor of Arizona try to put a stop to it the US Government sues them. This serves to embolden the left. Israel is being kicked to the curb. (Yet Jews in this country still think the left is the way to go. Well, a majority of them do, present company excepted) The Administration wants to make nice with the Muslims because that disfiguration of young girls isn’t really a human rights problem. It probably doesn’t hurt anyway right ladies? Let’s ask Michelle or Oprah, they’ll probably know. Us white guys have no clue. We refuse to allow drilling for oil in safe places and instead force drilling in mile deep water where, as we now see, an accident is extremely difficult if not impossible to repair. Had this happened on dry land or at least in waters that divers could swim to it would have recified in hours or days. I am working hard to restore the order by working with candidates who I believe will at least try to restore the order. It is my duty to do so for our granchildren’s sake. I am afraid of what is happening currently but I will not give up trying to rectify it. I owe it to you, me, and them, all of them and yours, mine, and ours. The founders of this great land would do nothing less and did indeed to a lot more. Jesus, Mary, and Joseph what is happening here? Now someone, please, post something that will lift my sprits!!!

Hey there, bizcore - I feel your pain! (Sorry about quoting that scumbag, Bill Clinton, but I couldn’t have said it better than that… the difference is - I honestly mean it! I do. There is so much pain to feel about the present situation that you’d be an idiot, or a liberal (but I repeat myself) to not be shot through with agony on a daily basis.

And yes, you have the right to be scared and despondent… I spend much time in the same state. Then I need to remind myself of what I believe to the width and breadth of my soul:

A loving and compassionate God is truly in charge. Everything that is happening is according to His plan, and His will be done. I believe that He loves us, and that we need to focus our attention on that love, and trust that we shall be safe.

I’ve been reading through Robin’s archives on The American Thinker, and one of her pieces, she quoted a verse of one of a lovely poem by Rainer Maria Rilke:
    So you must not be frightened
    if a sadness rises up before you
    larger than any you have ever seen;
    if an anxiety, like light and cloud-shadows,
    passes over your hands and over all you do.
    You must remember that something is happening to you,
    that life has not forgotten you
    that it holds you in its hands,
    and will not let you fall.
     - Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

And last night I watched a movie entitled “Feast of Love,” in which one character replies to the other, when the first one says that God must be dead because if he were alive, how could He make us suffer so much: “That’s why God made our hearts so brave.”

If it works for you, dear sir or madam, I hope you will think to yourself that God is in charge. He made your heart brave – witness the eloquence of your caring about what is happening to the future of your family… and this I believe - He will not let you fall.

Believing that is what keeps my husband, my closest friends and me going these days. God bless you and keep you and yours. Somehow this is all going to work out in the Divine Plan.

Heck, I feel more positive myself just writing these words! See – it works!

5. Al says

Another great piece, Robin.
    And an additional forbidden topic is Obama’s failure to suspend the Jones Act the second the rig blew.
    There is no question in my mind that God is indeed working through us. We will prevail.
    Look at the new Conservatives stepping up to the platform. And isn’t it interesting that many of them are women. “Veeerrrry interesting.” Won’t that really annoy the Jihadists?
    Al

Received this email this morning …. An Obituary Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was, since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape. He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as: – Knowing when to come in out of the rain; – Why the early bird gets the worm; – Life isn’t always fair; – and maybe it was my fault.. Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don’t spend more than you can earn) and reliable strategies (adults, not children, are in charge). His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well-intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place. Reports of a 6-year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition. Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job that they themselves had failed to do in disciplining their unruly children. It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer sun lotion or an aspirin to a student; but could not inform parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion. Common Sense lost the will to live as the churches became businesses; and criminals received better treatment than their 20 victims. Common Sense took a beating when you couldn’t defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar could sue you for assault.. Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement. Common Sense was preceded in death, by his parents, Truth and Trust, by his wife, Discretion, by his daughter, Responsibility, and by his son, Reason. He is survived by his 4 stepbrothers; I Know My Rights I Want It Now Someone Else Is To Blame I’m A Victim Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone If you still remember him, pass this on. If not, join the majority and do nothing.

7. g6loq says

The wise — as opposed to most of the highly educated — know, among many other things, that when you give people something for nothing, you produce ungrateful people; that when you obscure the differences between men and women, you end up with many aimless men and angry women; that when you give children “self-esteem” without their earning it, you produce narcissists who enter adulthood incapable of handling life; that if you do not destroy evil, it will proliferate; and that if you are kind to the cruel, you will be cruel to the kind.

Good intentions combined with stupidity are unstoppable.

8. g6loq says

This below ahs been going around the internet.
    Individuals who voted for Obama and his retinue will be carrying a stigma for a long time:

“The danger to America is not Barack Obama but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the presidency. It will be easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to an electorate willing to have such a man for their president. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails us. Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The republic can survive a Barack Obama. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president.”