Our esteemed author-in-chief is now tweeting

It seems to me that, nowadays, famous people might want to disassociate themselves from their tweets.  Not so BHO:

This week, the Obama 2012 campaign took over the duties of manning the president’s Twitter and Facebook accounts. Updates will likely come from staff for the most part, but when the president does tweet, he will sign the tweet “-BO.”

I’d like a show of hands from those people who believe that BHO, “author” of Dreams, actually writes his own tweets.

Comments

I can’t imagine what this man, who cannot speak without assistance, would have to say in sentence fragments that anybody would want to read. He’s still a self-absorbed 16 year old. Yes, I know a teen can offer up the rare insight, but the key word here is rare.

2. jj says

I bet he does, at least some of them.  He’s too arrogant not to.  Believing, as he seems to, that we’re all breathlessly awaiting the next pearl from such a superior being as himself, of course he does.

Maybe he could get Bill Ayers to tweet for him? Then the NYT could go ga-ga over how Obama is to Tweetyland what Dante was to medieval Italian.

4. suek says

Ruth…

That is _so_ funny! Me too! All I could think of during the entire campaign is “BO stinks” – and wondered why someone didn’t use that in some way as a slogan!

5. bizcor says

Do you folks remember the character in the Dick Tracy comic strip BO Plenty? Perhaps we should play around with this then submit them to the GOP. I have a line in. I meet the candidates on a regular basis. I’ll try some of the lines out on them.

I had completely forgotten about BO Plenty.  IF we use that figure we would probably be accused of racism. If someone with talent could do a Dick Tracy look a like cartoon for ads it would obviously be a white person and a cartoon figure from the past who was much like a homeless person. Also using some along the lines of getting rid of BO with a deodorant ad with a white person in it in the background could do a lot of good.  Or maybe find a jingle from back in the day (I don’t remember any specific one) and putting a political slant to it would be good. Jingles can really stick in the mind.
    I had to get out of bed last night because  I was laughing so hard at one of the young, local newsgirls so earnestly telling us about the president using Twitter and signing himself as BO.  She obviously never heard the term in any other way, we need to do some education on that.  Comedians, take note.

7. Libby says

I’m a little disturbed that the president has found time to tweet, post on facebook, write magazine articles, appear on numerous non-news shows (e.g., Mythbusters, American Idol), as well as golf.  All this while there are two official wars, kinetic military action in Libya, unrest in Egypt & Syria, a recession, gulf oil spill, tornadoes, wild fires, etc. When exactly does he find time for his presidential duties?

Obama’s lazy. That’s one of his so called virtues, because given his tendency to screw things up, being proactive would be a very bad thing.

So Obama always wants vacations because he is “bored”.

9. bizcor says

B.O. Plenty Bio I didn’t find a picture. I Googled it just for fun and found I am not the only one who thought of BO Plenty in regard to BO. Some guy has a a brief website about it. He isn’t fond of our President.